AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   running into clutch problems (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196240)

Smashing_Vtec 02-21-2014 12:28 PM

running into clutch problems

i have a eg hatch z6 swap z6 trans

i replaced my clutch pressure plate and flywheel all brand new parts with throwout bearing as well

no i did everything right and 2 days later it starts slipping again and idk why.

i replaced everything correctly and i rechecked everything as well

so if someone know why this is happening still and slipping lmk what else to replace

Fix.it.again.Tony 02-21-2014 12:35 PM

master cylinder or slave?

stin1 02-21-2014 12:48 PM

How much slack is on the pedal before you get resistance? You may need to adjust the rod under the clutch pedal.

Smashing_Vtec 02-21-2014 12:58 PM

Master yes slave no that was going to be my next replacement but seems to be working fine when I bleed the clutch

Only slips from 2nd gear on like I would be driving but not giving it to much gas because if I do it starts to slip then kinda hard to go into first from dead stop

Note if I bleed it again it stops slipping then after a day or so driving it it will start to slip again

Smashing_Vtec 02-22-2014 01:18 PM

Anyone? Any ideas here

kguerrero 02-22-2014 01:29 PM

Clean off all the gunk that usually comes on new flywheels?

taintschwacker 02-22-2014 04:09 PM

What material is the clutch disc. What is the brand of pressure plate and flywheel? Sounds like your clamping force isnt strong. You need to have another person with you and have them watch your slave as you move it to see if it is fully disengaging when you are off the pedal.

Did anything leak onto your disc and you sprayed it off with brake clean?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Smashing_Vtec 02-22-2014 11:19 PM

No gunk what so ever on there made sure off that

And it does full disengage so its workin properly and I used a stock z6 flywheel from autozone and oem exedy replacement clutch and pressure plate plus my throw out bearing is making noise even though its new

Also what am I suppose to torque the pressure plate bolts to its 20lbs right? Feels like something else is wrong and I cant figure out whats going on here

taintschwacker 02-23-2014 09:38 AM

So this has happened with 2 different pressure plates? If so, it sounds like the clutch disc is the culpurit.

Nachooooosupreme 02-23-2014 10:00 AM

Installation issue?

taintschwacker 02-23-2014 10:21 AM

Could have been an installation issue. Could have glazed the disc from the first time which would allow the clutch disc to slip under pressure from the first time it was slipping. Sometimes, and I mean sometimes you can get away with slightly rescuffing the clutch disc surface and allowing it to reseat with the flywheel and pressure plate.

Smashing_Vtec 02-23-2014 11:47 AM

No I installed it correctly and the first time I replaced it it was just the clutch and pressure plate then started slipping still so I got all new parts this time the clutch flywheel pressure plate pilot bearing and bearing for the spline

No I might have dirt the fly wheel I was reading some more about this issue and they mentioned ifthe disk comes in contact with any oil or smug on the fly wheel it will cause it to slip

So imma buy a new clutch disk and imma buy a fly wheel guard I notice I didnt have one and imma clean the crap outta the fly wheel so this mistake doesnt occur again

Sound=vibration 02-23-2014 02:20 PM

So here is why I would say its not the master or slave cylinder. If either on goes out the clutch will be full engaged and hard to dis engage. Now if you had one that was failing and it caused you to ride the clutch even when the pedal as all the way down and you burned up the clutch that is aother story. At the end of the day a slipping clutch is caused by 3 things bad clamping force from a failing pressure plate, worn disk, shity surface on a fly wheel. Once in a while liquid on the flywheel disc ect.

With that being said it is not your master or slave cylinder however the failing of those componets could have very well ben the eason the other said componets are failing. Take it apart and inspect. The only last thing I could think of and if it were you would most likley not be able to get into gear is the clutch fork.

Smashing_Vtec 02-23-2014 10:34 PM

So with the clutch fork being bad will I have to replace the trans? Some thing can be wrong so imma replace the master cylinder the sleeve and the disk if something goes wrong next step would be replacing the trans

Sound=vibration 03-03-2014 04:30 AM

When you have the trans unmounted from the engine you can pop the clutch fork off. Inspect it and look for signs of warpage or bends. Its unlikley however I hade one snap due to a failing presure plate. The trans would not caue slipping itself. How old is your pressure plate?

Nachooooosupreme 03-03-2014 10:40 AM

Z6 transmission came with an aluminum shift fork. Bet it's worn pretty bad causing a domino effect.

ef9ridda 03-12-2014 06:14 PM

sounds like a master slave is catching air. isnt out of the ordinary. if the condition changes after two days after he bleeds it its obviously something within the hydraulic system. not so much a clutch/trans/shift linkage bs.....etc..... dirt on a flywheel has absolutely no effect on it slipping by that theory every clutch on the road would slip within minutes of driving. the clutch is designed in a similar sense as a brake pad/rotor idea. if any debris gets on it while not engaged the pad would essentially wipe it off before full contact. obviously sludge and oil on a flywheel would be a different story.

changing your trans makes no difference.

ALSO!!!... MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE MANUFACTURE TORQUE SPEC ON ALL YOUR NUTS/BOLTS. IT ABSOLUTELY MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

ef9ridda 03-12-2014 06:15 PM

also inspect your slave cylinder for leaks by pulling the cover back. if there is ANY fluid under that boot it must be replaced.