AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU/Programming/Electronics (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Kpro? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116253)

OCAZHX 12-30-2009 07:27 PM

Kpro?

I have a k20a3 with trany that I want to swap into my car, but I've been getting as much info as I can for the swap, and I see that everyone says to get the kpro, and I was wondering if there is a way around that like using an stock ECU and maybe later get the kpro, any info would be greatly appreciated thanks! :confused:

JDMxPHOENIX 12-30-2009 07:36 PM

yea you should try k20a.org but i think you could get it reflashed for 500 or kpro for 900 not sure havent been up to date with that!!

also try builtbynotorious.com or locash!!! they are on the vendor section!!

TTM_SALES 12-30-2009 07:38 PM

You can buy an ECU to match the engine, and they have immobilizer bypass boxes for like $200 you can use.

OCAZHX 12-30-2009 09:47 PM

Thanks, I'll look into it, I also found acuraoemparts.com and they have two rewritable ecus 37820-PND-A06 and 37820-PND-A07 for 441, I will look into k20a.org when I get home and find out, thanks guys!

that one guy 12-31-2009 12:37 AM

what chassis is the motor going in? and you will want kpro for tuning and other purposes anyways. kpro is a must with k series engines when you start modifying, no matter what vehicle it is going in.

michalo187 12-31-2009 01:03 AM

yeah k pro is worth the money and the tune on k pro is what makes the k fast.

OCAZHX 12-31-2009 02:44 AM

into an Ek coupe, when I got the Swap all I got from the kid was the engine and the tranny, no ecu so for the kpro I need to have an ECU or when I get the kpro that's all I need, ,I look up the website and says that the ecu will be send to hondata to be modified wit the kpro, so that I guess I need to get an ECU either way right?

JDMxPHOENIX 12-31-2009 02:49 AM

yes k20a.org has kproed ecu all day for 900 but be careful cuz theres alot of scammers online!!

adam 12-31-2009 02:58 AM

Yeah.. So talk to Joe at Locash for your Kpro needs! He's no scammer.

OCAZHX 01-01-2010 02:44 AM

First I have to say Happy New Years to all!
I'm sure there is scammers all over the net, even on person, I know one that when I find him again he's going to regret it, on top of that he use to be a good friend until he screw me up, anyway, i think I was reading superstreet the other day when they mentioned locash on a article, hey thanks< i'll give them a call this coming next week(payday) lol because I really want to get this swap done, and yes it would be my first one, the rest of the parts that I need i believe I can get them from hybridracing.com and some OEM parts from acuraoemparts.com so is going to be around march when I get the swap started, I know the k20a3 is not the best thing but I think is the best thing to do for the first time, you know, just in case I screw up lol if I get it done right, I'll start saving for a k20a plus it would be a lot easier if already have everything else done, thanks everyone for your help :) You guys Rock! and Happy New Year!

adam 01-01-2010 03:15 AM

Dude don't even worry about that. Regardless of which one it is, a k swap is badass. :thumbup:

Good luck.

OCAZHX 01-01-2010 03:18 AM

Thanks, everywhere I've look their dogging on the K20a3 due to the vtec system tha's the same as the hx that's a vtec-e but I look at it this way, the vtec-e if from the hx civic and hey! I have an HX! and I love it so might as well be a matching system lol

OCAZHX 01-01-2010 03:56 AM

ok, I was looking up on locash website and this is the note that I found for a krpo:
NOTE:YOU WILL NEED TO SHIP YOUR ECU TO US FOR THIS CONVERSION!

on here:

so just like I thought I need to get an ecu then send it in! Bummer! lol got to start saving I guess huh?! lol