AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   meals. help! (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177159)

Dedspool Superior Tuned 09-14-2012 11:05 PM

meals. help!

anybody have some food advice or quick meals?
share your recipes :)

if it helps im a full time student and work part time 32 hrs. i stay up late studying and try and workout when i can. im currently 225 was 235, 5'10. last time i checked my BF was at 32% if i remember but i know its past 30%. Although i am losing weight i still feel my diet can be better.

thanks for your time.

randizle 09-15-2012 01:27 AM

Precook your meals of carbs and a choice of lean protien in tupperware. I always have about 8-10 things packed of rice and chicken. Get away from the idea of eating cause it taste good :)

bb4arson 09-15-2012 03:53 AM

steak , chicken and rice maker . broccoli . quick meals .

i tried making the sentence short and to the point.

Spec C 09-15-2012 09:05 AM

I think the entire diet as a while is more important than specific meals. I can list some easy meals, and if you eat them you might gain weight due to the rest of your diet, and just consuming too many calories.

If you are legitimately over 30% bodyfat, you might be able to lose a good chunk of weight just cleaning things up a bit, even without tracking calories.

Why don't you post what you ate yesterday, and the day before, and maybe we can make suggestions based on that, where you can change things for better results.

While I agree to some degree, that leads most people to burn out. Eating boring ass food, day in and day out. Not everyone is equipped to do that for ever. And imo you should have some enjoyment from eating.

There are plenty of ways to fit good tasting, and often considered junk food into a diet, at specific times.

I love food, so I wanna enjoy meals out with my wife, and things I like on a daily basis.

j-dizzle 09-15-2012 11:34 PM

i love boiling chicken and then shredding it. you can add it in to almost anything. 3oz add to whatever..

also alot of people think dieting is just eating better. its about portion control. invest in a food scale.

Dedspool Superior Tuned 09-15-2012 11:39 PM

thanks guys :) im really trying hard to get to my goals.

yesterday
one egg with toast and hot sauce in the morning.
small mixed fruit cup.
and 2 slices of pizza lol! my weakness.

today
small yoplait yogurt for the early morning
half a hand full of pecans.
chicken boiled with spices on a wheat bagel dry no condiments.
white rice and small portion of chicken with teryiaki sauce lightly added.

i just cut down a lot of foods i don't need or i will eat a small amount for now.

Dedspool Superior Tuned 09-15-2012 11:47 PM

yea i just started that because im really busy and its always nice to have a good meal that you will enjoy instead of a boring salad from QT.
word. i will invest in a rice maker. I freaking love rice!

thanks spec! and already listed. And yea just by substituting cookies for nuts or drinking water instead of falling for my cravings i feel good and have lost weight.

thanks man! do you know any stores that might have them?

j-dizzle 09-15-2012 11:49 PM

i got mine at walmart for like 6.99 because i broke my nice one and the cheap on works great!

Spec C 09-16-2012 10:53 AM

Your calories look pretty low even given two slices of pizza.

Seeing your two days of eating I bet you'd do well on an interment fasting protocol. It would afford you some good wiggle room and likely be an easy transition.

Dedspool Superior Tuned 09-16-2012 02:48 PM

Just looked that stuff up. Sounds like a fun task. Is it safe for the shape im in? I want to try it but for how long?

Spec C 09-16-2012 03:14 PM

Forever. Sure it is safe. I would wager your bloodwork would improve considerably.

I've been eating like that for over 2 years now.

The protocol I follow is:

16hr fast/8hr feeding

I basically fast until noon every day, then eat my first meal. I eat again around 5, and again around 8:30.

You could do two meals, you could do 4 meals, etc. Just up to you. Some days if I know I am going to eat a bit "off" for dinner, I will just fast right through my noon meal or have a super small meal there, and just eat at 5, and 8.

Depending on your schedule you might prefer to fast from like 11pm until 3pm, etc. You want to keep the time you break your fast the same everyday, because your body gets accustomed to eating at that time and you don't really get hungry until you are nearing your fast break.

Since you aren't really lifting you don't have to worry too much about cycling your calories.

Dedspool Superior Tuned 09-17-2012 12:08 AM

ima start this week and see how it goes for me. thanks spec! i will post results and keep it updated.

randizle 09-17-2012 01:23 AM

To keep my metabolic rate up i eat a small meal every 2 1/2 hrs and i have noticed my body stores less by always being fed. Tilapia with lemon juice,pepper and brown rice (secret wepon ;)

Spec C 09-17-2012 06:28 AM

No offense but that's been scientifically debunked more than once. In fact larger feedings might actually have more of an effect on metabolism.

If you were eating for example, 250g protein, 250 carb, 100g fat split evenly between 6 meals, and made no other change but to cut it to 3-4 meals you notice no difference in body composition.

randizle 09-17-2012 07:18 PM

I go according to results i have had in the past and not ( scientific studies from online) but not olny that im friends with a few amateur natural bodybuilders and they all stick to eating every 3hrs to keep from going into a catabolic state.

Im a firm believer in always keeping the body fed every 3 hrs and also adjusting your diet to your specific goals.

Spec C 09-17-2012 07:55 PM

Cool, and I would wager you have never set-up your diet in the SAME exact fashion with the ONLY difference being meal frequency.

Secondly your body doesn't go catabolic in 3hrs..lol When you eat, your plasma AA's are elevated for HOURS. Maybe if you are running a marathon for 3hrs between meals. haha

Thirdly, if you wanna go by results, we can look at DR Layne Norton's research and results as a natural PRO bb'er who says by eating protein every 2-3hrs you cause a refractory response and actually inhibit protein synthesis. By spacing meals out to every 4-5hrs, and spiking AA's with free form AA's you can avoid this refractory response. What do your bro's have to say about that?

Lastly, I am not saying one is better than the other, I am saying there is little to no difference. Both work, given everything is in order. If you enjoy eating every 2.74hrs awesome, not everyone can maintain that consistently for long periods of time, so if there is no need for it, and it doesn't improve gains, than why do it?

My only issue is your opinions you have stated as fact. Having an opinion is different than making false statements, based on nothing more than "bro-lore".

randizle 09-17-2012 08:22 PM

For 1 i dont know why your referring to my friends as (bros) or brolore? Im not sure what that means but you sound like your being a douch bag, and for 2 i dont feel the need to read (DR layne nortons ) research.
I know what works for me and my (brolores) and i thank you for your input.

Spec C 09-17-2012 09:14 PM

Read it, don't read it, I could care less. But be ready to defend your position, if you spout nonsense in here, because I will call you out on it. Nothing more I dislike than people talking others out of perfectly sound diet approaches because of some ridiculous nonsense that just gets parroted with no merit.

I know at 170lb 15%bf you CLEARLY know it all and have the results to back it up. You obviously know what works for you, and it is totally impossible there might be a better way out there.

People with your mindset will never progress past their half ass understanding on lifting and nutrition.

randizle 09-17-2012 10:03 PM

You should probley humble yourself, you seem to think your some kind of professional diet nutritionist and what you have to say for your dieting makes no sence. Unless you have schooling to back up your ( knowledge) your not any smarter then myself or the next guy at the gym who googles all his info.

No point to post agin i wont be reading it

Spec C 09-17-2012 10:34 PM

LOL maybe it makes no sense to you because you know the bare minimum in regards to dieting.

I'm pretty humble. I'm always eager to learn. You should try it sometime.

kaioshin93 09-19-2012 05:49 PM

I've been using this method since June. I went on vacation to visit my brothers and they made me feel pretty self concious about the pounds I had packed on hahaha. I started this on 6/4/12 weighing 205 and to date I am sitting at 181. I'm sure there are other methods that work just as good, but this one in particular worked very well for me!

Spec C 09-19-2012 06:28 PM

Nice work dude. I am sure that is a huge difference.

IF is awesome because it is practical. Much easier for the avg person to stick to, and follow. Also gives a lot of lee-way for foods you enjoy.

kaioshin93 09-19-2012 07:03 PM

Thanks! I definitely feel a lot better and the lee-way with the foods keeps the diet from getting too boring or bland. I cut out all the crap during the week and on the weekends I have the freedom to eat like a dirty pig hahahaha!

Spec C 09-19-2012 07:09 PM

Sell me that evo..lol

kaioshin93 09-19-2012 07:12 PM

Hahahaha maybe in a few years when i'm ready to step up to the new Lexus GS350!

Spec C 09-19-2012 07:15 PM

The F-sport?

failedabortion 09-19-2012 07:26 PM

Going to give this a shot also(ifp). I have spine damage and arthritis, getting my weight back down definitely helps with pain management.

Any suggestions on bcaa powder? Have no problem ordering online as it is $10 cheaper from the few I looked up through amazon compared to the prices on gnc's website.

Im also not a morning eater. but my work schedule might mess it up one day a week, one day is 7am-5pm the rest are 3pm-1am. Make that one morning shift the rest day?

Goal is to lose weight and build muscle to support my spine to help lessen pain from damage and arthritis.

Didn't want to start another thread but will if lalos thinks im trying to jack his:wave1:

Spec C 09-19-2012 07:36 PM

BCAA's what is more important to you price or flavor? That would dictate my recommendation.

Why do you feel that morning shift would screw up your diet? Or are you refering to lifting?

What time do you normally go to bed? With that schedule I would probably fast from like 10 or 11pm until 2-3pm(16hrs). So you would eat your first meal at say 2-3, another one at like 7, and another an 10-11 depending on what times you choose.

On days you work mornings just fast the same time. It shouldn't be a problem.

You want to kind of keep the time you break your fast consistent. Your body gets accustomed when you eat, and when to expect food. Most typically wont get hungry until leading up to the first meal.

kaioshin93 09-19-2012 07:50 PM

The F Sport would be nice, but it may be out of the price range by a bit. I expect these cars to hold their value for a long time!

Failedabortion, you should definitely try IF. Once you get used to the schedule and cut most of the garbage food out, it's easy sailing!

Spec C 09-19-2012 07:51 PM

The Fsport is on my radar in a couple years. That or I will move into a ls460. I have a ls430UL right now, and LOVE IT.