AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Picks and Predictions (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Floyd Maywheater VS Victor Ortiz (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152994)

theAngryMarmot 09-18-2011 12:06 PM

This thread turned funny.

Haha.

ep3king4 09-18-2011 12:32 PM

Pacman all day.. gayweather wuld get rocked by him bt he's to much of a pussy to fight him

Crazy88 09-18-2011 01:31 PM

There seems to be a lot of Mexicans pissed because their boy doesn't know the rules of boxing. First he head butts, then he's looking at the ref instead of his opponent after the match is restarted.

TypeREgg 09-18-2011 01:38 PM

If this was a street fight and some dude sucker punched your friend like that you wouldn't be like oh bro well its your fault for looking at the crowd. Pretty sure u would be pissed

sparker 09-18-2011 01:54 PM

X2... The ref even states @ the start of a fight (protect yourself at all times). Altogether the fight still sucked.

rudsone 09-18-2011 02:24 PM

big ups to el terrible and el canelo for they wins, as for the gayweather fight...well that was some good reality tv.

NAKSUKAW 09-18-2011 04:37 PM

if what u say is true about the different chins??? ...didn't Mayweather & PAC both fight Hatton? And it took how long for Gayeather to knock him down??...like 10 rounds? and PAC just 1 round! ...then didn't they both fight Mosley too...I never seen ol Flloydee knock Mosley down in the fight?...Seen PAC put him on his azz though! ...I'm sure both these fools are the same fighters with the same chin....but like them other guys say....Quit running Gayweather and fight PAC if u really down! PAC already agreed to the tests...why he keep acting like that is the reason!

reuqse 09-18-2011 05:43 PM

if victor would have done this and ko'ed mayweather then what would everybody say about victor? that it was un fair, or protect your self at all times??? just think if it was the other way around. they are pro's and what mayweather did was un professional. im by no means saying what victor did was right, cause he was in the wrong as well.

i think if mayweather would have just hit him the first time and not followed up with the second punch, it would have been better they could have kept fighting, but shit happens i guess.

eg6sirs 09-18-2011 05:43 PM

Fuming pussy. Ass gayweather what a cheap shot. Mostlikely he was going. To. Win so. There. Was no need. To. Do. What. He did. But. Then Again hes Fuck buddies with 50cent so that. Says alot. Fukin took me for my pay per view fee ...asshole

rudsone 09-18-2011 05:44 PM

not at all paisa! el terrible y el canelo se la rifaron! todo bien.

Colten79 09-19-2011 03:12 AM

Ortiz just had to do that pussy move.. Mayweather was winning by far already, that's probably why he had to headbutt Floyd..

honduh_head 09-19-2011 10:53 AM

only an idiot would try to be all huggy and shit after he head butted someone... expect to get punched, keep your hands up at all times... its a COMBAT SPORT. i may not like what mayweather did, but i can't say i would have done any different. if the ref says to fight, you're supposed to fight.

dragCartel 09-19-2011 10:54 AM

For what i can see here ( i knew this already but ) Nobody around here knows shit about boxing...

Mayweather was winning on points, yeap no doubt about it, he was counter punching the way he always does, in a perfect way.
Ortiz never got rocked by Floyd's right hand's "over hand right" ( his strongest punch ) even that he tried 3-4 times, Ortiz never seen to get affected by them over hand rights, there is a couple of moments that Floyd tried to brawl and he didnt do any damage to Ortiz, instead he backed up and clinched Ortiz.
Ortiz speed and movement were great, he wasn't being outclassed like a everybody were predicting, he was being able to dodge Floyd's counter punches, not 100% but in comparission with other fights Mayweather's effectiveness wasn't the same.

Danny Garcia was clear before the fight " if You ( Cortez ) don't do anything about Floyd elbows, we will foul as well", and he never did, I counted 12-14 elbows and only one of them got caught by Cortez, ( this time, Floyd's elbows were able to be seen in real speed showing that he is slowing down, because he does use the elbows all the time but before, you could only see em in slow motion ).

First and second round went to Mayweather, clearly... 3rd and 4th Ortiz started to push, even that he might lost them on points, Mayweather was getting hurt everytime Victor connected the left hand.
Danny's plan was to start pushing on the second half of the fight, knowing that Mayweather's speed was going to be in his prime the first half, but the BS happen.
To be honest i was surprised about how slow Mayweather has become, but i always thought he was slowing down since the fight with Zab Judah ( in my opinion the last decent and fair opponent he faced before Ortiz ), if you think about it look at floyd's last fights :

Shane Mosley:
He was going thru a really good second half of his career, but like the good old saying says "styles make fights", and Mosley always had a hard time with defensive fighters, then You put the best defensive fighter ( Floyd ), that not only is fast but accurate like a motherfucker, well thats the result, UD12th round win. Pacquiao made him QUIT on his fight.

Juan Manuel Marquez:
Marquez was in a good moment at the time but being a natural 135 pounds fighter, he was clearly smaller than Floyd, fight was settle to be in the 144 division, but floyd failed to make 144 and they agreed at 147 ( after a $300K fine for Floyd ) night fight Maywetaher was 18 puond heavier and they still went to desicion. Marquez was up to par on speed but of course not power.

Ricky hatton:
Never really a contender but exciting fighter, this was Hatton's second time ( Natural 140 fighter ) went to 147, ( the first time he fought at 147, he struggled to win over Luis Collazo, even that a lot of analysts thought he lost that fight ), he was clearly smaller than Floyd, and even with that advantage mayweather needed 10 round to be able to knock him out, i mean not even KO, but a TKO, ( Pacquiao only needed 2 rounds to get a " Go to sleep" KO over Hatton).

Oscar De La Hoya:
34 year old fading De La Hoya still went the 12 rounds to get a split decision lost. as everybody knows De La Hoya was done and his career was in decline, after Floyd's fight he fought Stevie Forbes and then Pacquiao ( who made him QUIT after getting beat up for 8 rounds ).

Carlos Baldomir:
12-round unanimous decision over Carlos Manuel Baldomir, who defeated Zab Judah before (and easier) than Mayweather did. Slow, and really linear boxer, easy to catch being fast as Floyd. but he never hurt Baldomir.

Zab Judah:
On this fight in my opinion, Floyd started to show signs of getting slower, because Judah was if not as fast, faster than Mayweather and he dominated Mayweather for the first 5 rounds. I think this is the last fight Floyd got a decent opponent before Ortiz.
Judah for some reason always comes up short on big fights. Floyd took a UD12 rounds W over Judah.

Shambra Mitchell:
Step fighter, never at World Champion level, got TKO"d on the 4th or 6th ( i don't remember correctly). not even worth it to comment about this fight.

Arturo Gatti ( RIP ):
Even that was a bad ass boxer when he was at his prime, when he took this fight he was already done, this fight took place before the EPIC series of 3 fights against Mickey Ward.
Bogus WBC 140 champion ( at the time the LEGIT champion was Kostya Tszyu, fight that never happen because Mayweather was with HBO, Tyszu with Showtime) Tszyu was the best 140 at the time and fighter that could easily break Floyd's fast and defensive style. Good ol' days when you put the best 2 fighters in that division with out money issues or TV contract BULLSHIT.

My point is Mayweather has been hand picking or dodging fighters for the last 10 years, and when he faced Ortiz Saturday night ( and like everybody else i was surprised Floyd wanted it) he realized that he wasnt doing any damage and he was getting hurt, so He did what he did.

I hope there is a rematch and if there is not one, I wonder what new excuse, Mayweather is going to come up with to avoid PAC-MAN, because after seeing Mayweather performance that night, i have no doubt, if this fight ever happen, the REAL BEST POUND PER POUND will DESTROY Floyd " pussy cheap shot" Mayweather...

O well...

honduh_head 09-19-2011 05:54 PM

:goodpost:

rudsone 09-19-2011 06:02 PM

lol at not knowing shit about boxing.

ortiz just got frustrated and let it get to his head, all due to gayweather taunting him the 3rd and 4th round.

i predict a rematch before he faces pac-man ...if he ever does.

HondaBoy[T] 09-19-2011 10:25 PM

^^ his excuse to avoid pac man rematch against ortiz...

dragCartel 09-20-2011 08:21 AM

It wasn't directly for You man, i am real passionate about boxing and a lot of the comments here gets me frustraded...

dragCartel 09-20-2011 08:27 AM

both of them had it too easy... If Canelo fights that way with an elite class fighter, he will get knocked out... he needs to start facing real opponents !

Morales fought good, Shit is Erik Morales! lol, just the last minute opponent wasn't up to
the same level as "El Terrible"...

honduh_head 09-20-2011 09:04 AM

Canelo is fucking VIOLENT! i love it! haha. but you're right, he looks like he would get out classed by an upper tier fighter.

91CTR 09-20-2011 07:54 PM

Just to clarify pac man refused to take the drug test so if he really wanted to fight maywheather he shouldve had no problem taking it unless he's hiding something

D-BOY 09-20-2011 09:54 PM

Fuck gayweather ! ! Thats a dirty as move he did !
Someone needs to knock his ass out .

dragCartel 09-21-2011 08:20 AM

then he agreed, and mayweather's next excuse was ther money...

91CTR 09-21-2011 03:14 PM

Then the fight will happen and it shall be the most anticipated fight of the century,

rudsone 09-21-2011 03:36 PM

first gayweather wanted olympic testing a month before the fight and pac agreed, then gayweather asked for like two weeks before and again pac agreed aaaaand then gayweather wanted the testing the SAME DAY AS THE FIGHT? lol thats retarded.

then the money...they told him he would get 50 mil (highest ever)l and he said fuck that i want 100 mill :smackself:

yeah el canelo needs to fight better fighters, hes hungry lol he wants to fight pacman. first he needs to get some more boxing into his 21 year old ass :biggrin:

im happy el terrible beat the younger fighter and its even better he won because cano's trainer was barrera's trainer

EVO MR 09-23-2011 05:32 PM

Maywhearther is a Joke
The Mayweather Method: Find an opponent who has zero chance of ever hitting you, much less hurting you, but who has some credentials, possibly a meaningless title won against inferior competition. Hype the mismatch for months, somehow convincing people eventually that the 7-1 underdog has a real chance. Convince the world that this is a grudge match, that you've been disrespected. Counterpunch to an easy victory, without ever really exchanging or risking being hit. Collect millions from those you've conned. Rant about how much you want to fight Pacquiao, even though you know you'll never fight him. Deposit money. Repeat annually, or maybe every 18 months or so. Wonder why nobody gives you credit for being the greatest of all time!

:smackself:SMH

AC Slater 09-23-2011 09:21 PM

^That's all she wrote.