AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Accord + Prelude (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Drive Shafts and swap brakes questions (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24702)

BlackStarPenguin 03-08-2007 08:43 PM

Drive Shafts and swap brakes questions

ok i have a 94 accord with over 130,000 miles on it, and me and my dad were thinking about replacing the drive safts and cv joints and also along with that swap out the brakes and put in 96-97 v6 accords brakes for more stopping power,

do you guys any sugestions on where me and my dad can find some brakes and when i say brakes i mean everything

DJ Hookid 03-08-2007 08:50 PM

Honda dealership

BlackStarPenguin 03-08-2007 08:52 PM

is the best way for the brakes

DJ Hookid 03-08-2007 08:54 PM

Look online, theres some website that give you discount prices on oem parts. Ill look one up for you cant think of the names yet...

BlackStarPenguin 03-08-2007 08:54 PM

i know what your talking about now thx man

BlackStarPenguin 03-08-2007 09:29 PM

i know this is off topic have any of you guys deal with vtec controllers and is it worth getting it even if im ordering an aem ems with wide band o2 senor

bob12345 03-09-2007 02:35 PM

EMS has that feature built in.

BlackStarPenguin 03-09-2007 02:48 PM

well i know the o2 senor is built in but im saying is the vtec controller built in also or no

bob12345 03-09-2007 03:01 PM

yes, it is. You can actually program EMS to control nearly anything with known voltage control parameters. For most people EMS is actually serious overkill, but to each his own.

BlackStarPenguin 03-09-2007 03:28 PM

ok so its like an add on, awesome, i think the ems is a good thing, you can map your fuel and when your on the throttle hard it removes the red limiter, so the ems to me is a good thing but thats just me

I CRUSH HONDAS 03-09-2007 03:44 PM

Penny Pincher has the big 11 inch rotors and loaded calipers for under 150$ Although for a little more BAP has OEM quality parts. Tell them its for a EX Wagon of the same year and you will get the four lugs rotors. Look for a little bit of grinding to get rotor clearance equall. THis is by far the best upgrade Ive done on my Accord. Go for ceramic pads and stock rotors if you can controll yourself. Braided steel lines are the next step. I also recomend rebuilding your factory axles. Spend the money you save on good tires.

BlackStarPenguin 03-09-2007 03:49 PM

well thats what my dad is going to do
even though its my car he pays for the upgrades, but yeah he is going to get the v6 rotors and everything else i mean we already did the steel braided lines and drill and slotted rotors its just the hub on the v6 is behind the rotors so easier to change out

but yeah we planning to get racing drive shafts

Agent Smith 03-10-2007 09:58 AM

autozone axles ftw! free replacement yo! don't replace it unless you break it...

and use accordinglydone.com ;) my all time favorite...

BlackStarPenguin 03-11-2007 08:36 PM

well i think they are going bad

so we are replace them with racing drive shafts for about 500 bucks

Agent Smith 03-12-2007 01:41 AM

seems like a complete waste of money in my opinion....

there are two ways axles ""go bad" either
a) they tear a cv boot (which you can also just repair the cv boot, but usually easier just to swap out the axle) or
b) the axle is actually physically/mechanically (loud clicking noises when turning) broken

stock will hold up just fine, it's not like your making 300+hp & even then vatozone to the rescue.

if your still in the planning stages, read up, the common mis-conceptions of "axles" being the biggest weak point of all FWD's isn't always true especially with f & h-series engine...

if there is one thing I know better than ANY other car it's accords. LMK if you need swap manual or print out on anything odds are I have it, even 1000+ page threads on honda-tech/accordinglydone/cb7tuner/accordtuner ect ect I literally have a shelf full of just accord info/manuals/reference guides.

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 07:26 AM

true but i wish i was pushing 300+ lol

and you do bring up a point that its a waste of money to do it

but its better to be perpare just in case because i always drive it hard and my dads wants to spend to piss off my mom but thats just lol

i think the cv joints are going bad

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 07:29 AM

one question

is there such thing as carbon fiber drive shafts??

Mike 03-12-2007 09:24 AM

^ Got I hope not.

That shit would shatter at the first pot hole.

hondapartsdeals.com is the website that offers discounted OEM parts.

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 09:25 AM

well yeah and the only reason i was wondering cuz my friend told me to order them but i

was no we live in arizona i doubt they would last long in extrmem heat

Agent Smith 03-12-2007 01:20 PM

driving the car "hard" isn't as bad of a thing as people think, especially on an f22, those things are fucking stout. there is no reason why f22's can't go 300k miles it's been done time & time again without ever even replacing a head gasket or anything major. usually what kills them is people not changing timing belts or not doing regular maintenance. anyways back on topic. axles... driving your car hard is obviously going to put more stress & power through them but they are built to withstand that abuse, so it doesn't really matter, eithere they are bad or they aren't, there is no in between... odds are your axles are perfectly fine unless there is grease leaking from a cv boot or it's broken in half or there is an extremely large crack in the metal... don't waste taht $500 on axles, put it into peices that actually make a difference like suspension or the engine... sorry to ramble.

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 01:26 PM

lol honestly all that is done the suspension
we kyb shocks ground control springs
sway bars and strut bars
new aem ecu ems is comming in too

Agent Smith 03-12-2007 01:32 PM

ENGINE... tuning is obviously an essential requirement with any honda & any build, but what have you done for power? what engine do you have f22b1 or f22b2? are you going to just keep it stock? cam regrids are avlb through kteller that are dyno proven power on the b1... toss in some FI regardless of form will be much more fun.. point & case there is no point in wasting money in my opinion.

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 01:38 PM

oh i know what you mean the car has i/h/e new plug wires, underdrive pulley, 13lb fly wheel, lvl 1 racing clutch short throw shifter and glass pack, thats about it engine

yeah i have been planning to get new cams and i was thinking boring it out .2 over and getting high compression pistons is that a good idea

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 01:44 PM

and its a F22b1

Agent Smith 03-12-2007 02:03 PM

#1) you have a sohc SINGLE OVER HEAD CAM (no "s" there is only one cam).
#2) the parts you've listed are fine, good basic bolt on parts, but nothing that has even involved opening the valve cover... you haven't actually touched the enigne, only free'd up power that it's already making, which is good.
#3)doesn't sound like your on any set budget so fuck yeah build that engine!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, personally on an f22 I wouldn't waste the money on a high compression build, because I'd go with an h22 if I wanted an f/h-series n/a build, but there are a few people that have done higher compression f22 builds (I wouldn't go higher than 10:1 if your turbo'ing & if your using n20, then fuck it go all out for a few runs & enjoy more n/a power when your not using the bottle! lol.)... the f22b1 STOCK is a damn decent engine to boost, there are numerous set ups out there making 300+hp & 320+ ft/lbs of tq with under 10lbs of boost on STOCK f22b1's!

anyways if your serious about making some power, you need to decide how you what to build it, if you want to stay naturally aspirated or if your going to become a boost addict like myself. & also decide if your going to stick with your f22 or go h23/h22... or one of my other favorites f22 with an h22 head(referred to as a g-series hybrid), seriously & with a semi decent budget you could build one right & make more tq than an h22 can dream of with horsepower to match (at least in the rev range of the f22) & you'd still have an uberlow compression ratio & a great flowing head.... aka perfect boost candidate... which mean even more power at the same boost rates.... ahahaha wow I ramble... lol, accords are fun with a lot of different options... read up... use the following sites too & they will help a lot, if you haven't already used them:
accordinglydone.com
accurdtuner.com
cb7tuner.com
& of course honda-tech.com
one of my favorite underrated engines in the honda world & oh yeah, the best part, they are dirt cheap!!!

again there are TONS of options you can choose for an accord build...

Agent Smith 03-12-2007 02:08 PM

also pm Schmuckingham on AD I believe I saw pieces of some of his builds for sale on honda-tech a few weeks ago... turbo & engine build shit... idk if he's still selling stuff or wht, but I'd look into it if your serious about an f22 build.

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 02:15 PM

i was thinking of building the f22 then when im fully done get an h23 and build that up for n/a engine then swap that in the accord but also getting a civic sedan and putting f22 in that civic but its going to have to wait cuz of student loans

Agent Smith 03-12-2007 02:20 PM

lol... well if your just going to "build" the f22... boost it, & if your anti forced induction, then a mild f22b1 build would give you some power but nothing like FI would on that engine.

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 02:27 PM

i know and honestly im not against it but i never drove a boosted car and im fine whatever the car make i was going to weight reduction next

it just i would like the car to make 300k miles with no problems along the way

BlackStarPenguin 03-12-2007 02:38 PM

now is boring out good for the engine or no