AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   2013 Honda Challenge (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178826)

Leland 10-11-2012 05:50 PM

2013 Honda Challenge

expected contingencies/awards:
HPD
Toyo
Hawk
Competition Clutch
NASA AZ Pro Payout

Who's Racing?
Doug
Eric
Team LBR: Gabe/Merv
Leland
Tony
Ryan
Terry
Simon

Who's Planning?
Stephan
Ravi
Tim(snowbird)

Who's Interested?
Ernest

Who's WT"H" is that?
you you fuhkeen pineapple

vids

trusohc 10-12-2012 01:27 PM

Sign me up for whos planing leland. Just need to rebuild that ls i have and finish the cage

Leland 10-13-2012 01:55 AM

and like Ravi said... seat time!

always welcome to come have a beverage and BS car talk in the garage.

for some reason im getting names mixed up from corning working... ernest right?

*inFamous* 10-13-2012 11:15 PM

i'll have a car for Honda challenge / PTB mid / end of the year....

dudeinpinkfit 10-15-2012 09:51 AM

are u getting a new bumper??

Leland 10-15-2012 11:38 AM

i tried to bribe paul to get it torn off at inde. lol.

dudeinpinkfit 10-15-2012 11:40 AM

nice... i missed inde. but ill be at main.

BlueTeg 10-15-2012 12:22 PM

Trying to get the guy that bought the TTM EK out at the FIR event at the end of the year. If he gets hooked he could be a contender by this time next year.

*inFamous* 10-15-2012 03:39 PM

No, I am giving the integra away (basically).

New ground up project to conform to both PTB and HC rules, and get the NSX out of track duty. Since next year is pretty much a scrap for me, i'll be looking for 2014 in all of this.

*inFamous* 10-15-2012 03:39 PM

That wouldn't have worked, as he'd just get stuck repairing it :)

dudeinpinkfit 10-15-2012 03:58 PM

nice cant wait to see. ill be moving up in hpde then when im ready ill try and build a car too. the fit is a lost cause for hc.

Leland 10-15-2012 07:10 PM

2001+ Fit H4 min weight 2050

dudeinpinkfit 10-15-2012 07:18 PM

But thats with stock motor or can it be kswapped.... i guess i have to look more into the rule book. But it wont be for a little bit. Only in hpde2. I have time.

trusohc 10-15-2012 09:00 PM

Yeah ernest leland and cant wait for main either first time hitting the same track twice

*inFamous* 10-15-2012 09:30 PM

don't get to comfortable with MAIN. Bulldozers will be there soon lol!

trusohc 10-15-2012 10:06 PM

I heard about that. I never drove pir n hear that was fun. Hope fir stays for a while

*inFamous* 10-16-2012 05:37 AM

It is not. Gone after march.

trusohc 10-16-2012 06:40 AM

So no more local tracks after march?

topramn 10-16-2012 07:05 AM

No. Based on the information slowly coming to public, the track appears to be staying. Our problem is that the current lease holder who we negotiate with is out at the end of March.

Facts:
Charlie Allen will no longer be a part of Firebird Raceway.
NASA AZ does not have any current plans with Firebird Raceway beyond March 31.
NHRA feeling very good about a 2014 event at Firebird Raceway, deal currently in the works with Gila River Indian Community.

Unconfirmed statements:
Lucas Oil will manage off road track and lake at Firebird Raceway.
Gila River Indian Community will reopen Firebird with new staffing.

trusohc 10-16-2012 07:49 AM

I was just reading all that ramin. Its alot of here say i read possibly there building a track near casagrande if fir shuts down just hoping they keep fir its a cool place that hosts all kinds of track events. Guess well have to wait and see for the certain.

Leland 10-16-2012 07:56 AM

thats right Tim is back in town... lets see if we can get in touch with him. im sure he will either be at Main(NASAAZ) or West(ProAuto) Oct27/28.

Leland 10-16-2012 07:59 AM

K series puts you in H2 ;) but mods are very very limited. Im not familiar with K series.

flyzlow 11-24-2012 10:05 AM

Hey guys. I'm really glad to see HC still going strong in AZ. I wish I could be out there with you guys.

To anyone considering getting into HC, I still need to sell my H2 prepped Integra. I've said that a few times, but I do really need to get it out of my parents garage. They've moved into their house down here (Tucson) full time and sold their house in CO, so I'm now motivated to actually get rid of it. E-mail me at (I don't often check my PM on this site) for full details and pictures of the car if interested, but the basics are that it's a '90 integra RS chassis w/ custom weld-in cage, nascar bars, B20 motor and Koni 3011 suspension with matched valving and springs (750f/950r). The car is really nice to drive and was really damn fast in H4 trim. I built it to be competitive in H2, but didn't have a chance to really compete with it in H2 before calling it quits. The motor is practically brand new. The car needs a little TLC (new windshield, fire extinguisher, a little paint/body, etc) before it'll be race ready, but it's 95% of the way there right now. It could easily be ready by the start of the new season. This thing would even make a great dedicated HPDE/TT car if you wanted something cheap and safe to really beat on and hone your skills in. I don't like haggling, so I'm setting a firm price of $5k for the car, which I think anyone who has seen or been passed by my car will agree is very fair. :) You couldn't possibly build a car this good for that little.

I also have a 16' open trailer w/ custom 10' ramps, electric winch, and track box that I will sell with the car or separately after the car is gone if anyone is interested.

I'm going to advertise the car nationally soon, but I'd really like to keep it here in AZ to support the local effort if possible.

- Scott

BlueTeg 11-24-2012 01:34 PM

Greta opportunity at $5000. I spent over $8000 on mine, with hookups, sponsorships, and doing my own labor. I've never raced against this car but I remember seeing it at PIR and it's *fast*!

Vtecracer 11-27-2012 04:54 PM

Paging Paul Bloomberg !!!

LoooseGSR 11-28-2012 06:52 AM

We'll miss you out there Scott, but I understand family comes first...and to anyone who is interested I will vouch for this car, if I remember correctly, wasn't it originally a Comptech built car? Plus, those 3011's are worth probably almost half the asking price so with everything else you are getting it's a screaming deal.

flyzlow 11-29-2012 10:45 AM

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah, the cage was supposedly built by Comptech. I just say supposedly because that's what the original owner told me, but I don't have any proof of that. However, it really doesn't matter .. it's just a damn good cage regardless of who built it. Honestly, the great thing about my car and half of the reason that I was as fast as I was in it was that I felt really safe in it. It's not twitchy or jittery and the safety equipment is top notch. I never worried about the car being unpredictable or what was going to happen to me if I crashed, so I wasn't afraid to explore the limits and really push to improve my skills. I think that until you truly feel comfortable in a car, you'll never be able to push it to it's true limits.

Rollin_Eg 12-01-2012 08:53 AM

I should be out there with Kyle, but gotta read into the K-series penalties and rules. I would have kept my B18C but MR.Cozz put forged internals in it :/ LOL

KevinBoosted 12-13-2012 02:22 AM

I find myself very interested in HC. But not sure what to use, eg coupe/hatch, crx or newer. I have a fully built s2k but don't really wanna chance putting that on the track for the challenge. Maybe use the s2k up until I reach the challenge and then buy an eg coupe. Moving to Texas in January as well. Any advice will help, thanks

PhoenixR 12-13-2012 01:08 PM

count me out for most of this upcoming year.

i'll show up whenever i can though.

on another note -- my car will be for sale soon. anyone interested in a proven winner?