AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   h22 intake mani questions (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=155654)

Bill Cosby 09-30-2011 10:10 AM

Here is my opinion...

Tb/cams/header/tune

ph8ed4life 09-30-2011 11:24 AM

When you turn 21 I'll take you out for a beer, Scott ;)

2point6 09-30-2011 12:56 PM

Sure! I will be 21 again in a little over a year... ;)

intenseneal 09-30-2011 05:12 PM

Im close to 30 FYI. Been involved in the sport since before Fast the the Furious turned every one with a fat can into a racer, back when no knew how to build Vtec motors and make power out of them. I was 15 when I got involved in the industry so I have about 15-16 years experience, dont assume you know me and what I have done in the past and present. This thread is getting stupid on my part and other posters, the OP has not even posted in a while in here.

2point6 09-30-2011 05:30 PM

Like I have said... I've been building these engines longer than you have been able to legally drive.

I am not asuming anything, I don't have too. I am reading what you are posting (as are others) and that is making it very self-evident that you aren't very well experienced in this subject. That is ok, but don't continue to talk to me like you are bringing good information to the table. You aren't. Nothing you have said is anything more than third party information and trying to validate your "experience" through completely unrealted means. You are making yourself look very uneducated on this subject. To have been around that long and only know factually about 1/8th of the stuff you are posting about? Man... I am sad for you. My advice is to learn learn more and only at that point, then offer help to people.

I know that your intentions are good, but your information is not.

intenseneal 09-30-2011 06:05 PM

Humm ASE Master Tech, ASE A2 Master Engine tech, Intense Motorsports, 15-16 years in the industry That is my experience. It offends me when I have more time, hands on experience and training then 90% of the people on here but then people say I am a noob and dont know what I am doing. Not true at all. I have turned down job offers from UMS, Hasport wanted me to run their CNC to build their mounts and help R&D new swaps and Rhythm Motorsports because I make more money as a repair and diag tech. Not saying I know more than you and I admit my H series info is lacking because I never got into that motor, does not mean I know nothing and that my advice is wrong. I have seen stock H22 and Vtec H23 with after market manis that have suffered from not having supporting mods, I would post dyno results but I dont have any as these were not not cars and it was over 8 years ago. Top end/peak power will increase with a aftermarket intake mani and TB but as a trade off low end will suffer over OE components. This is no big deal if you building a motor that will live at over 7K. If you have dyno results of a stock H22 with a 70mm TB and Skunk2 intake that gained power in the low end from these please post them up as I would like to see them.

phxz6 09-30-2011 06:49 PM

can you please show pics/vids of this 300fhp b-series monster

Bill Cosby 09-30-2011 07:06 PM

If I remember correctly the 300hp motor was dyno'd on an engine dyno... So 10-15% loss, motor makes 260-270? <<< still good power

Dead Bird 09-30-2011 07:21 PM

Aren't we closer to 25ish% drivetrain loss?

Would put it closer to 225whp... but it varriessss depending on different things...

Bill Cosby 10-01-2011 01:00 AM

No way

intenseneal 10-01-2011 07:25 AM

Sorry dont have any, it not my motor. I will see If Tim cam Email me a dyno of the motor.

Yeah that was on stock injectors. Tim has since put ID injectors in and retuned.

Bill Cosby 10-01-2011 07:35 AM

No way not even larry's personal motor makes 300 on a chassis dyno

Dead Bird 10-01-2011 09:11 AM

Why did I think so??

How do we find out?
AAAahhhhhhh

Bill Cosby 10-01-2011 11:25 AM

Scroll down the bottom

2point6 10-01-2011 11:44 AM

I am not sure if you are including me in the 90% here, as I am the primary individual in this thread who has questioned your knowledge. If I offended you, that was not my intention. My intention was "protection" for you and the unknowing reader. Giving out miss-information does two things... it damages your credibility and hurts the reader. If I posted incorrect information about something, I would expect someone with more knowledge to step up and make things clear for both the reader and myself. This is what I did here and you deceided to discuss your "education" achievements instead.

This has nothing to do with this thread, other than it being an attempt to justify your already miss-leading posts with tales of grandure. This may satisfy your ego, but it does nothing for me.

Then why state all of your accolades? I haven't told you anything about my education or lack there of... I simply asked for you to prove where your experience was coming from. You stated that you found losses on completely different engines, but those weren't what we were talking about. How is that justification?

intenseneal 10-01-2011 05:55 PM

It was not just you but many other on here in the past. I needed to vent and got some LMAF to the posts on that thread, I was in a bad mood that day as well and the forums pissed me off even more. I still dont get how my advice was wrong. It is my opinion that for a street car that is only bolt ons and light cams, that the stock intake mani and maybe a larger TB be it a D,B,J or H motor that you will have better low end. I dont know about others by my Civic which is my DD revs to 8K (stock head) but I hardly ever take it that high, it lives under 5k most of the time. So IMO you would want to keep all power you can in the low to mid range. I in fact wanted a GSR intake mani as it would have gained me more low end and kept all my top end, but I wanted to use a PR3 head as it flows a bit better than a P72. And I did not get a Skunk2 or Blox mani because I did not want to loose any more low end. I stated all my accolades because that is where by experience comes from, being in the industry and doing it hands on.

intenseneal 10-01-2011 06:02 PM

Call SRD or Xact Dyno and ask Tim yourself, I have no reason to BS this not my setup. I was blown away by the power that motor made. Keep in mind it is not a Honda block it is a tall deck Dart block and has a highly modified Endyn head, Endyn roller wave pistons, custom Endyn intake mani, custom Endyn cams, real Hytech big tube header. If you are lucky and you are down at SRD you might be able to get Tim to give you a ride in the beast.

that one eg 10-08-2011 09:49 PM

Thank you scott for advice once I get out training ill come oder few parts talk to you lil more about a set up..and sorry I wasnt posting I. The thread I was in field all week

rotneg 10-09-2011 08:28 AM

intenseneal
what makes you sound inexperienced is the fact that your questioning a person who specializes in building H series engines his experience shows by how many builds he has done and his capabilities of making power.

what makes me mad is that you want to put words into peoples mouths. I have never heard tim say he will do anything to not tune a H as a matter of fact he tuned my H. plus when you spread what is your "well calculated" opinion on the H motor which you admit to having little experience with then tell everyone your a 15 year veteran and master tech most of these people listen to you and therefore spread more of your misinformed information around to others.

to the op.
I made power with my skunk2 never had any problems with it. as for the best scott knows what hes doing with these. have talked to him many times for advice never steered me the wrong way

intenseneal 10-09-2011 10:31 AM

I know Tim quite well and he hates tuning H's because he says they are a pain to tune, SRD's hatch was H22 turbo powered years ago before the J swap and was tuned by Tim. He knows H motors but dose not like tuning them. I know that because he told me and my friend TunedoutTom when we were asking Tim question about swap a H into Tunedout's 00 Accord. I have shared my experience and opinion on why you should use a stock mani and supported my theory, I have even asked other to back up their opinion with no response. You may want to go back and read my posts, I gave no miss info and supported my theory with facts. I also never said a larger mani will not make more power and it will in the higher rpm range and that the lack in the lower rpm range, where a street car is driven. I know 2point6 is experience with Hondas and H motors but he has not explained why he feels a Skunk2 mani and 70mm TB is a good choice for a stock H motor, on a built high compression motor or boosted motor I 110% agree that a larger TB and mani will see positive gains across the rpm range. And what is wrong with questioning someone just because I have been an import and honda freak and have years of experience does not mean that their is someone out there that knows more than me. I in no way claimed to be an expert just that I have experience and have been racing and building imports of all types for years. Asking questions is how people learn and I never stop learning.

2point6 10-10-2011 12:07 AM

Your problem is that you don't know how to read. Show me where I said anything about a skunk2 manifold being a good choice for anything.

Please stop typing, forget your experience with "hondas", and go back to school and learn the basics... start with learning how to read. For your own sake... PLEASE!

Ek-9 10-10-2011 03:01 AM

Man you should just give up...

LOL!!

intenseneal 10-10-2011 07:10 AM

That is what the OP was asking about, a Skunk2 mani. I think you need to learn to read and how to be respectful to others. You dont know me so dont claim to know my experience with anything. And I still see no evidence to back up your theory on your using larger TB and mani on a stock motor. Show some poof or it is complete BS, the more crap you talk with out backing up your argument with facts the dumber you look. I have shared my experience and theory as to why I recommend stock intake and TB, all you have done is talk crap to me, call me a kid, inexperienced but you have not back any of it up with facts of explained why. LMFAO

2point6 10-10-2011 02:26 PM

I feel like I am fighting with a midget all over again. Atleast I find it amusing... I am sure others are getting a good laugh too. That is why I am dragging this out... for the entertainment. LOL

He asked what is the best intake for a stock block h22. Read...

I have "boldfaced" his statement for you now twice in this thread. You keep missing it or you really don't know how to read. I am leaning towards the latter...

I am not the one with the lack of reading comprehension here.

Respect is earned. Something that you haven't done here, in this community, or with me directly.

You are the one building yourself up with all of that "education" and "skill" that you have... I am making my "judgment" of your knowledge, based on what you are posting. I have already stated my thoughts on that, but to explain it again would be to say simply; You are inexperienced.

Who is talking about "theory" here? Do you even know the definition of "theory", anyway? I suppose you don't because I am talking about things that I have done with my own hands. You are "theorizing" which means that you are "giving a speculative explanation, as opposed to practice or "just doing". I stated that "I had found gains using a 70mm throttle body on a stock H22 and that I disagreed with your findings." Here is part of my orginal post back on page one. I shortened it for you, because it is obvious you have a hard time with reading. If I look dumb, then I would hate to be you.
Do I need to explain this all over again for you?

You haven't shared any facts here at all or backed them up with proof of any kind.You have made bogus claims through 3rd person and not being based on your own "hands on" experience. If you want proof from me, got to Honda-tech or any other prelude related site and use the search function. Type in 2point6 and you can find a wealth of information over the last 12+ years. I don't need to justify my experience to you as anyone who knows me, knows I don't speak unless I know what I am talking about. The information is out there and under my screen name for all to see. I didn't just get the reputation that I know what I am talking about by posting miss-information, like yourself.

Just ask the readers here in this thread yourself... who would they listen to? You or I? Go for it... see what you get. ;)
Maybe you should just post another thread like the "90% club" to cry in again... I am sure someone will feel sorry for you.

BDD 10-10-2011 02:55 PM

Hey scott does a fart make you go faster? LOL :drive: Sometimes I find it makes my car feel like it has boost!

2point6 10-10-2011 03:08 PM

This gets really technical, Justin. As per Wikipedia...

Depending on how far the line from your turbo, is shoved up your ass... say for example if it is just in your colon, or if it touches your small intestine can make a HUGE difference in feeling like boost.

Also, if it is just a dry fart or a wet fart can also make a big difference as well.

Honestly I haven't had any experiece with these matters, so what I am posting here is soley based off of what I read on the internet. :)

intenseneal 10-10-2011 05:57 PM

Done with this thread. Its like beating a dead horse. Just because you have been a forum whore for 12 years dont mean shit. All of my knowledge is for real life experience actually doing this as a hobby and for a living. As I said I worked for Intense Motorsports as a fabricator and tech for many years so I was the one building peoples motors and fabricated custom turbo setups. Here are some links to cars I was involved in or built while at Intense.
1700hp Supra

240SX

FD

shop 350Z

LS1 300ZX

Tri powered Supra, I made the manifold

2point6 10-10-2011 06:01 PM

That is strange... I didn't see anything related to a H22 listed. Wasn't that the topic of discussion here?

Ek-9 10-10-2011 06:34 PM

LOL, Your giving out info that has nothing to do with H motors or honda's at all? Do some research on 2point6 and youll realize he is one of the top H builders in this country. Yes I did say country, not county or state. You say your such a Car mechanic but yet your handing out 3rd person information and tech. Where is YOUR proof of a 70MM throttle body being to big for the H.

Since your a mechanicle genoius you probaly already know the H series motor loves to breath. Its head flows ike a ported B series and when you open it up with a nice header,IM,TB and exhaust sytem and a nice tune it will make a world of a difference.

Look heres a thread full of H motors and thier specs. Its 3rd person info because its a copy and paste, but hey maybe you might learn that these motors with the basic bolt ons can make and easy 205-215 hp.

Thiers like 50 pages of them!

Bill Cosby 10-10-2011 08:41 PM

Scott only builds motors for team outlaw now