AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   94 civic hatch stalling issues need help (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196678)

metzgr 03-20-2014 02:08 PM

94 civic hatch stalling issues need help

I recently bought a automatic hatch and all is well with it except when the vehicle has been driven for awhile it stalls out in drive at a complete stop i have a small video trying to show it and please forgive the camera its hard to shoot and drive but any help is wanted thank you

vehicle runs and drive fine on initial cold start up no issues after an extended period of driving it begins to die in drive or reverse but not in neutral. Vehicle has 187,XXX and never been moded i would like to figure out what it might be before i spend money on a remanned auto trany if you have any question please ask and any help is greatly appreciated as i know little about honda automatic transmission thank you.

cbaracing 03-20-2014 02:30 PM

replacing the transmission with a reman will not cure the stalling problems

its not the transmission

clean your IACV and if that doesnt help try doing a tune up. cap rotor wires OEM honda on those and some NGK plugs

DAsquad 03-20-2014 06:05 PM

Maybe it's a vacuum leak or your iacv

metzgr 03-20-2014 06:15 PM

Ok will try that out also another thing it as begun to do is when it's been driven for while it does the stalling thing and now feels like it loses all power when driving feels like it cuts engine power and even if my foot is to the floor not much happens I have to let off the throttle put it in neutral then back to drive before I have any power to the wheels again. It also idle surges in neutral when this happens btw all of these problems are non existent when cold or hasn't been driven in a few hours

S!K TEG 03-20-2014 08:00 PM

My problem was my ect senor.

Check your plugs and dizzy. Don't listen to cbracing. Autozone parts are well enough, trust me. I have ran autozone parts before.

rudsone 03-20-2014 08:05 PM

check all the lines from, around and to the intake mani for cracks, leaks etc. Clean your iacv and check your tps calibration while your at it

Ngk coppers ftw

hondafan2 03-20-2014 08:30 PM

i would start w new plugs, then cap n rotor as stated by cb. then if that doeant work and you still have no cel then move on to the main relay. make sure your tps, dizi n map plugs are clean and plugged right

cbaracing 03-21-2014 10:38 AM

and you know what happens when i get a car with autozone parts on it. they go in the garbage.
honda ignition systems are very finicky. do you really think i talk out of my ass? sure autozone parts "work' but when you want things to run optimal and have less problems you use OEM honda :type:

lets put it this way. when joe is tuning a car and the ignition is breaking up and the engine is lacking power. he takes off the shitty plug wires from who knows where and puts on 6 year old OEM honda wires. all of the sudden the ignition smooths out and the car makes power

Fix.it.again.Tony 03-21-2014 10:41 AM

fixed

S!K TEG 03-21-2014 12:10 PM

Calm down. I was only playing. Don't get your panty in a bunch.:snookems:

cbaracing 03-21-2014 12:51 PM

well alrighty then :type:

cbaracing 03-21-2014 12:51 PM

sheep balls

metzgr 03-21-2014 06:05 PM

lol well thank you all for the advice i will give all that a try and if i happen to fix it or find out whats wrong i will post a update thanks again