AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Bottom end rebuild.. who do u recomend? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121961)

1sicCrx 03-17-2010 06:20 PM

Bottom end rebuild.. who do u recomend?

Like the title says... Who do u recomend to build the bottom end of a 95 gsr? ... and why?

The bottom end in mine is going out.. time for a refresh... so im looking to see who AZHT recomends.. and why... no bs..

Dead Bird 03-17-2010 06:26 PM

What on it is going out?
What all do you want included?
What side of town are you on?
Do you need the motor pulled, disassembled, and cleaned?
Or just cleaned after you disassemble it?

1sicCrx 03-17-2010 06:33 PM

cyls #1 and 2 are at 190lbs... cyls #3 and 4 are at 90.... when vtec kicks in at 1/2-full throttle it smokes.. sometimes bad.. sometimes little... im in north phx... ill drive it to the person/bussiness... they pull it.. do everything and re install.. i pick up and drive home.. the top end was redone not to long ago.. dont know how well though..

Dead Bird 03-17-2010 06:48 PM

I'll do it for 1,200
:)

KingDingaLing 03-17-2010 06:58 PM

um take it to someone who knows what there doing instead of some schmuck off azht who says they will do it and throw a price.

Go to Tri Tech or hit them up in the vendor section and tell them RC referred you.

Josh is probably the most honest person at a shop i have dealt with, and he builds everything the right way the first time. for a decent price too. I trust NOBODY with my motors and i build alot of cars. He has my personal itr shortblock he is building right now, 82mm 12-1 compression. and he rebuilt my head wich is now fully built. new everything. great work. everything comes out real clean and all to spec

ICD 03-17-2010 08:50 PM

Heard this guy Rc get down.

1sicCrx 03-17-2010 08:59 PM

yeah i met josh once before when i had my rex... was considering them

24/7VTEC!!!! 03-17-2010 09:00 PM

x2 on Tri Tech.
guy josh doesn't bullshit and is fair on prices

adam 03-17-2010 09:32 PM

No...

:thumbup:

KingDingaLing 03-18-2010 10:39 AM

lol obviously you dont know who i am... Im RC. i referred josh at tri tech. he is a good friend of mine, and i build motors also. If i build something, guess who i take it to for machine shop work... josh. the machine shop he uses does great work. and josh is the shit, he has the patients on a top and bottom rebuild, id rather not do it anymore, ill stick to shaving bays and doing wire tucks and any other custom work.

ICD 03-18-2010 10:49 AM

:smackself:

AZ_CIVIC 03-18-2010 10:58 AM

Go to Tri Tech- ask for Josh

Number 1 most shops don't build blocks per say, what I mean is if you get sleeves or bore it, deck it, etc they send it to a machine shop.

So basically the shop puts everything together. Which I think they can do.

Reasons to go to Tri-Tech well they are in the same parking lot as Lo Cash, Josh is fair and expierienced, plus he is good friends with all those 9 second guys down their so I am sure he knows what he is doing. So it is a one stop shop for all your needs, once your car is put back together and built, Joe is there to tune it, can't beat that.

Importfan2 03-18-2010 11:06 AM

My friend just had his GSR rebuilt by josh and runs like a champ..

only person who i would trust to do a rebuild for me.

adam 03-19-2010 01:39 PM

Oh no, I know you're RC. But that doesn't mean to everyone that you're more than, as you said, "some schmuck off azht". I was just promoting your advice of taking it to a legit place that knows what they're doing and will do it right. Tri Tech or IPH :thumbup:

And you..
shh.

Dead Bird 03-19-2010 04:12 PM

I was just kidding.

Waaay too much liability in building someone else's motor.

I just picked a number and threw it up there.

I'm no Schmuck
I could handle it.

ChrisIsYoung 03-20-2010 12:28 PM

tri tech fo sho! or import power house and have RS do it... both great!

Rzarectah 03-20-2010 02:30 PM

Where is import power house?

ICD 03-20-2010 02:40 PM

27th n mcdowell.

gunsup0331 03-24-2010 12:00 PM

just left of failtown

Ramsey 04-05-2010 12:59 PM

Failtown, hey isnt that where your mom is from, cause I know your a loser for writing that...

Ramsey 04-05-2010 12:59 PM

just go to

ChrisIsYoung 04-05-2010 01:02 PM

Lmao

X2:thumbup:

AZ_CIVIC 04-05-2010 01:04 PM

If you have money buy an Endyne built Dart block.

Gen2ITR 04-05-2010 01:24 PM

So the interwebs will build this guys bottom end?

On a serious note... I'm in Tucson, I am starting my own shop and Scott at Collective Racing will still be the only 1 to build my motors. That being said, I have met Josh @ Tri Tech and think that (besides the Mighty Midget Joe of LoCash) he is 1 of the most straight forward and honest guys you can deal with up in Phoenix. Very knowledgable and, from what I feel, very capable.

No offense to IPH, but I have NEVER heard 1 good thing about that place. HEARD being the keyword. No personal expierence.

Point being, choose wisely. ou only wanna do it once this season.

adam 04-05-2010 01:27 PM

..What is it that you've heard bad on Import Powerhouse? None of my friends have had any problems with them. Only thing I've heard bad about them is their prices, some people don't understand that you've gotta pay to play, shit ain't cheap.

Da4nlife 04-05-2010 01:34 PM

wow ... here we go again.. people crack me up... so many people can talk so much $%&@ behind the computer... if you have questions or issues with IPH... jus go down there.. and deal with it.. i guarantee you it will be resolved..

Ramsey 04-05-2010 01:43 PM

I agree with you "HEARD" is the word, you must hang out with the import power house haters, theres will always be people that ride other people nuts that like certain shops and hate certain shop. I dont know what you mean by "interwebs", but Im pretty sure we been open longer than most shops out on this site, and if we are that bad, why are we still in business. As for block building, we own or have the same owner as RS Machines, and Im pretty sure not most of the other shops dont have there own machine shop.

AZ_CIVIC 04-05-2010 01:57 PM

I think every shop has problems no matter what, there is always going to be that one motor build that has issues, What makes a good shop is if they work with the people to solve the problem.

I have been to a few shops and have had a few shops build motors for me, I've had Import Power House build me a couple motors and have bought lots of stuff from them as well. I did have an issue with a motor build thru them but like I said its bound to happen.

onefst91hatch 04-05-2010 02:02 PM

we could also build it for you at our shop in surprise. but i will say that Josh at tri-tech does know what hes doing and does have alot of experience and very fair prices. my honest opinion would be to go to/ call a few shops and talk to the people there and chose the one that you think will best suit your needs.

PENTAGRAM_OF_EVIL 04-05-2010 02:21 PM

I agree, josh at tri tec. He quoted me a great price on a rebuild for my itr. And that's the one spot in phx that I will have to my engine.