AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Getting my Fat ass in shape help (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168847)

1badLst 05-25-2012 01:05 PM

I love posts like "Hey Im fat and don't want to be fat anymore, what should I do?"

This is not something that someone can just throw up a 3 or 4 sentence answer and cure your fatness.

I secondly love all the idiots that think they know anything about fitness and start spouting ideas like "oh just take hydroxycut and do p90x" It honestly gives me a laugh.

I'd say there's only 3 people on here that I know of that actually know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to fitness/health.

Pizza I wish you the best of luck at losing your weight and getting in shape. My advice, make it a life change, not just a dumbass diet/workout regimen that lasts for a month.

neveragain 05-25-2012 01:19 PM

haha. That's a good point, but to me, that's like asking if you need a study to tell you that when you eat, your available energy reserves increase. It's more of a given.

It should also be noted that while everybody is indeed similar, in general, everybody's metabolism is genetically structured differently. Not to an extreme, but to an extent. Therefore, what works for one, may not work for everybody, even physiologically speaking. I think the biggest contributing factor here is the psychosomatic aspect of it all. I know you said you weren't mentioning anything about it, but I figured I should at least posit the idea.

Now, let it be known that I'm a high-protein/low-carb fan and it has showed me great results over the years, but if you recall in the 70's and 80's with the running/jogging fad going on, high-carb diets were the "studies du jour" to back. Nowadays, you can justify going on a high-carb diet, especially if you're an athlete that does a lot of cardiovascular activity, and I appreciate that. And as I'm sure you know, carbs break down much faster than protein and fats, so if you're going to use it, you can be more liberal.

For those who don't know, too, it takes more calories to break down protein and fats, so if you ate the same amount of calories of both protein/fat and carbohydrates, your net calories would be a little lower. Not a ton, but a little.

If you were to write a diet that is higher protein/fat/fiber and lower carb, I could definitely see that it would work for some people. It takes longer to break it down. Totally makes sense.

Oh, and a good conversation indeed!

Spec C 05-25-2012 01:53 PM

Bad LST!! Good to see you around. This section has been dead..lol

1badLst 05-25-2012 01:58 PM

LOL yeah work is calming down a bit so I can come on here and talk shit some more lol. Only prob is im boxing so much right now its draining me lol

Spec C 05-25-2012 02:16 PM

Ive been dying to get back into BJJ but it is fucking hot right now, and I remember how my strength suffered with all that cardio.

Once I hit these strength goals, I may focus some on BJJ.

Are you still getting time in the gym, or is boxing taking up most of it?

1badLst 05-29-2012 09:42 AM

I'm still getting time in the gym as well. I'm going up in weight so I can't skip the gym lol

Spec C 05-29-2012 10:22 AM

Oh nice. What are you going to fight at?

1badLst 05-29-2012 03:53 PM

205!!!! should be a war

Dsquared Upholstery 05-29-2012 08:51 PM

Make sure you hmu, i want to go and watch