AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, Questions or Problems (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Server Error? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=188337)

S!K TEG 04-07-2013 02:05 PM

Server Error?

1 Attachment(s)
I keep getting this message and azht it running a little slow. I tried other sites and they run good.

S!K TEG 04-07-2013 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

crx2quik4u 04-07-2013 02:43 PM

Shits been happening to me consistently for about a month now

nelsmar 04-07-2013 02:56 PM

Its a few things added up.. i just made some changes just now.

Things have been moved around a lot lately, there were some not so good things that happened that i had to fix, and now things are progressing... Currently at hand we get to blame microsoft. They decided Bing should just rape a server as fast as it can... lol. I put in a request to lower the request frequency for the crawl but its going to take a bit to take effect. It has been raping the server for days and i was hoping it would just "catch up" and stop the rape but apparently not!

I was a bit tied up with other projects to give AZHT the TLC on that. Microsoft should get that throttled back here soon! :) Unfortunately the server AZHT is currently on is not a power house by any means. :(

crx2quik4u 04-07-2013 03:33 PM

Bing is awful....My phone now trys to use bing maps all the time..and my work has that set as the primary search engine....shit doesnt work ever

Fix.it.again.Tony 04-08-2013 08:48 AM

lol

shoulda been called Bang,

stin1 04-09-2013 06:46 PM

I only seem to get the error when clicking the official who I saw thread. I am no computer whiz but maybe the thread should be cleaned up for more server space ?

S!K TEG 04-09-2013 07:47 PM

does happen more often after visiting that thread.

1990db1 04-09-2013 10:23 PM

How about we file a lawsuit against microshit for launching a DDOS attack on us.

nelsmar 04-10-2013 06:39 AM

has nothing to do with "space". The hard drive is simply locking up. I have a ticket with the hosting company looking into disk issues that are causing io locks. So far they are dropping the ball.

nelsmar 04-11-2013 07:34 AM

More changes... hopefully thats a bit better.

VTECin5th 04-15-2013 07:31 AM

It wasn't better. 500d yesterday, twice.

nelsmar 04-15-2013 07:44 AM

stupid host never got back to me =( Looks like the disk is overloaded and cant take the IO. I gotta yell at someone today/tomorrow.

And cmon now 500 is a FEATURE not an issue lol :P

S!K TEG 04-15-2013 11:12 AM

could be if you guys clean up a bit threads for more server space? reset the offical who did i see, the what makes you chuck ect.?

1990db1 04-15-2013 11:58 AM

It's not space that's the issue. The server's hard drives are being hammered with read requests it sounds like.

Hard drives aren't very good at doing LOTS of read/write requests all at once, if you hammer them enough they slow down to a crawl.

Is bing still the issue with it hammering on the server with requests?

nelsmar 04-15-2013 01:14 PM

*sigh*. Gonna end up just deleting the thread if people keep asking that. lol. There are a few more important things that i have to resolve prior to fixing that (such as the fact google is no longer advertising due to nudies! WOOT). Once things get cleaned up i will be resolving that.

It is actually more complex of a story than that and has to do with the database type and table locking and due to low disk io and the fact this is hosted on a virtual server that has fairly decent (or used to) io properties it just has a hard time keeping up. Bing is also no longer an issue, nor is the horrid spam bots. The node this server is hosted on recently started geting hosed with IO issues and i had a ticket in to get more info on it from the hosting company but no response ever came from it.

We had some more important things that had to get caught up on and will likely move to fixing the other issues soon. We were going to upgrade to a new version of vbulletin and while doing that i was going to be converting the database type to a row lock capable instead which resolves the issue quite a bit, however disk io can still restrict. There was also talk of swapping servers at one point bit its hard to tell what the final decision will be. :) I was tied up the last few weeks (hell friday alone i pulled 20+ hours on other contract work). So hopefully i can get the rest going.

SiR Mikey 04-18-2013 10:22 PM

I don't understand a word that was said in this thread. I now feel unbelievably stupid.

advert 04-21-2013 10:35 AM

sudo apt-get purge AZHT.net

if only it was that easy. and POOF! no more azht!