AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Strip & Street (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Speedworld (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152970)

Speedworld Raceway Park 07-14-2011 07:06 AM

Speedworld

Speedworld welcomes back ALL street cars!
New management, new attitude, new promotions!

We're open every Saturday night thru the summer.

THIS Saturday night, July 16, is the Southwest Nostalgia Drags
We'll also be OPEN on Friday night, July 15th for time only runs.

First timer racers are ALWAYS welcome!

OPEN to ALL vehicles - Street cars, race cars, motorcycles, or trucks!

Any licensed driver can race! Test your skill! How fast is YOUR ride?
Gates open @ 6 PM - 11 PM Race discount to all military personnel
Fun for the entire family!

Friend Speedworld Dragstrip on Facebook & print the $5 discount coupon.
:drive:

PhoenixB16 07-14-2011 08:10 AM

Man I stopped going to this place years ago...The good ol days of an unpaved road into a drag strip( great idea:roll: ) and having a friend get jumped by 6 guys ( with the people running the track not even kicking anyone out,or doing a damn thing)Have any upgrades been done to this place,because last time I was there half the attendee' s contracted West Nile from the billions of angry Mosquitos,and the bleachers were falling apart,among other things.

Speedworld Raceway Park 07-26-2011 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Club Night THIS Saturday, July 30th. If you want to come out as a group, let us know & we'll treat you like royalty!
STREET MEET>> August 6th>> details on the Speedworld Dragstrip Facebook page
OH! by the way...........We are no longer using the Happy Valley gate for the dragstrip. Enter on the smooth asphalt on Jomax Road!
See you at the track!

Speedworld Raceway Park 07-26-2011 07:33 AM

Dude.....You sound kind "fragile". Maybe you shouldn't come to the track. LOL

TSRaaron 07-26-2011 09:04 AM

Awesome deal here.

We're lucky to have a good track that is near us in Phoenix.

PhoenixB16 07-27-2011 07:04 AM

????Fragile? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Fucking Hardly.I just know when I have been fucked.... Last time I was there that place was ghetto as hell AND I RUINED( YES RUINED) a pair of brand new slicks due to the shit return lane.Did the officials give a shit?NOPE. :th_supergay: They more or less laughed,and I was out $300 ijn tires due to the lack of upkeep..This is after driving over an hour to get there. Then I had to see the fucking west- siders trying to jump people faster than them and the track officials did NOTHING.Absolutely NOTHING.I also had 2 rainchecks that the gate workers decided to NOT honor a month after they were issued,again,after driving over an hour in a stripped out stiff as hell boosted Honda. Now I hate Firebird as well,but I have NEVER had the issues there that I have had at Speedworld..Never had a friend get jumped for running faster than some "teams" car,never had half a bottle puncture a slick on the return road,never been denied entry when I tried to use a raincheck,never had a bleacher damn near collapse with me on it,never been swarmed by 10000000000000000000000 mosquitos( you get my point yet?).SO I guess my question is did the "changes"the track has made help anything? Or is it still run by morons that could care less about the people that are paying THEIR bills?? Honest question.Customer service is important with ANY business ,so IMHO this is a serious matter.Don't act like the place wasn't a dump,either.....As a rep of the track,the last thing you should be doing is calling ME( who spent thousands over the years at this place) fragile,it is shit customer service.What you SHOULD be doing is anything in your power to ensure the crap I mentioned NEVER happens again.

MIRANDA88 07-27-2011 10:26 AM

Dam next time I go to speedworld im going 20 deep,fuck getting jumped.

Colten79 07-28-2011 07:06 AM

I've never heard of anything like that happening.. Only bad thing I've ever expirience there was I paid $20 to get one run in through a 4 hour time period (and I was in the pits the whole times), and when I asked for a refund they said no

InFaMoUs_1 07-28-2011 04:44 PM

Ive went hear for years...ive never had a problem there..great races and fun really? who do you guys hang with or should i say fuck with when your there?Great track to have fun and always have there...

edit 150 post :)

Aeolus 07-29-2011 04:53 PM

Reps a bad rep for insulting a customer while trying to improve attendance.

PROJECT EG6 07-29-2011 05:02 PM

sweet

civic nerd 07-29-2011 05:05 PM

Ninja edit. I saw what you did there. :wink:

Aeolus 07-29-2011 05:17 PM

Bahah :P.

GOTTRQ? 07-30-2011 12:47 PM

I'll be there tonight. Bringing the car up for some passes with the new faceplated transmission. People should roll out to chill!

RICK's-TOWING 07-30-2011 04:47 PM

Sooo in a nut shell your saying it took you 1000 dollars to realize that speedworld is understaffed dirty kinda un-safe doesn't hire janitors, and is 1 hour away from your house? Dam............and mosquitoes???? Holy shit. You'd think this place is in the middle of the desert outside city limits maybe near stagnet water? It took you roughly 50 times to gather that intelligence? Way to go.

Fix.it.again.Tony 07-30-2011 11:47 PM

I give kudos to them tonight for trying so hard to keep re-drying the track

PhoenixB16 07-31-2011 09:10 AM

PhoenixB16 07-31-2011 09:32 AM

So,your the Expert,Rick,HOW HAS SPEEDWORLD IMPROVED?( that is all I have been wondering) They won't answer me,so how about you enlighten me?I am sure you just have something witty cooked up :rolleyes:. Better "gather the intelligence",as you say....... :th_supergay:

bb4arson 08-01-2011 03:15 PM

i agree.

chicken bandit 08-02-2011 05:51 AM

Ive been to this track hundreds of times and have never damaged a slick, never seen a fight and im from the "west side" and have never heard of anyone getting jumped cuz they are faster. Sounds like your friend got beatup for talkin shit and you sat there and watched him.----- but thats just my opinion and im adding "imo" so you cant get mad

FORCE_FED_EF9 08-02-2011 11:24 PM

x 2!

FORCE_FED_EF9 08-02-2011 11:26 PM

any coupons for the 6th?

ashtonsturboser 08-03-2011 01:20 AM

i prefer speedworld more over firebird. Both tracks are about the same distance 3 hours away from me. Speedworld is usually less packed, a little more laxed on the rules at least giving me a chance to do more than 1 run when running under 11.5 with no cage. Firebird kicked me off after the first time running under 11.5. Firebird is obviously a nicer track and usually a lot more well prepped but speedworld is nice its out in the middle of nowhere. big area to just chill and hang out while the car cools down or making adjustments. Never had a problem with masquitoes, never seen any fights there and never damaged a slick because of their return road. Yes it has some rocks on it but nothing thats gonna damage a slick. Seems to me it was damaged from something else. And yes like the other guy said, Seems to me your friend was probably the one talking shit and got jumped for it.

Stop trying to rant about a track not being perfect in your eyes. All across the US tracks are shutting down and going out of business. Just be lucky there are two within an hours drive of you guys in phoenix. Most people arent soo fortunate. So I say this. Cut the crap and the negative comments about Speedworld. If you want a better track then just go to Firebird but have to wait more time between runs and usually hotter at firebird this time of year.

RICK's-TOWING 08-03-2011 03:35 PM

ok here's my witty answer I cooked up, you do not deserve an honest answer because honestly I highly doubt speedworld wants fragile people like you out there getting flat tires making the Honda guys look even more worse in their eyes. I feel your pain dude. I see pissed off people with flat tires everyday. They dont blame the road they got it on.

ashtonsturboser 08-03-2011 04:15 PM

^^^^hahaha, soo true. Doesnt help either when stupid little punks that happen to be import guys get into fights too. Really makes them want to do import nights and so on im sure. You dont see that kind of crap from Domestic owners. Just little punk my honda is faster idiots.

Ive never had a problem at speedworld. And like I said the domestic guys are some of the nicest people around. I can always find someone to let me use a compressor or low pressure air gauge to set my slicks. Usually the first one I ask is more than happy to help out and ive been encountered by them all the time curious about my car and how a sentra runs soo fast. lol.

I will continue to go to speedworld as its been a much more friendly environment and I love the nice cool dense air thats out there vs Firebird. You definitely can see some faster trap speeds and times if you learn to adjust to the track and make the best out of the traction available.

RICK's-TOWING 08-03-2011 06:13 PM

No front wheel drive car can complain about track prep of Jake Blackman can bust off a 9.0 at speedworld. I like speed world! If it ain't broke dont fix it. Lol

ashtonsturboser 08-03-2011 07:44 PM

Exactly. The last time out after adjusting my two step some, lowering tire pressure to 8psi I still managed to cut a 1.61 60ft and still bogged a bit off the line. With the tires at 10psi i bogged the launch then spun and bogged every gear. Spun all the way down the track. Did a 137 trap speed bogging really bad in each gear and then spinning when it would jump back up in the powerband. lol.

8psi in the tires made a whole world of difference. Too bad I had other issues come up that prevented some more runs. Probably could have seen a 142-145 trap speed and possible high 9 low low 10. Im currently in Afghanistan but making some changes when I get back, going with the VVL head, 6756 T4 billet .96, and couple other little things. Ill be back out there probably next may. Hopefully before it gets too hot. lol.

Speedworld Raceway Park 08-06-2011 05:14 PM

Coupons?

Yessir! Friend us on Facebook
Speedworld Dragstrip

xxx 08-06-2011 05:37 PM

Sweet, will have to check it out.

sleeper 4 door 08-09-2011 10:24 PM

its a nice place to go never had any problems