AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   NASA AZ @ WHPMP West : November 7-8, 2015 (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202419)

mghwater 11-09-2015 10:20 PM

Aaron good lines b, I have to get that down a bit better. A cool move shot from Inde trying to catch Rob, (that red m3) in de2 with us

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mghwater 11-09-2015 10:22 PM

LS-S DA9 11-09-2015 10:40 PM

Dang you spun!? Track looks like fun!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mghwater 11-09-2015 11:33 PM

Ya, greasy after the pros ran race groups, back tires were a bit high on pressure, a dog peed on the track right there-yada,yada.. Thank good no one t boned me, but the inde track was definitely a higher learning curve. I think I did good at the time but review the footage and want to throw up at my driving. It's too bad that inde might not be in the works next year for nasa but we'll see.

BlueTeg 11-10-2015 11:03 AM

If you liked INDE, give Chuckwalla a try next February.
I think it's alot more fun, IMHO.

Depending on the direction we run it in, it has a fairly steep hill and "bowl" complex. In CW direction you get to the end of the back straight and throw the car over the edge of a blind corner as you descend downhill, once the car gets settled you're WOT for a 2 or 3 seconds and then setup for the bowl. The bowl is a huge 180 degree banked corner, you start out with a moderate throttle position and let the banking keep you tucked inside as you get to the end of the bowl the track starts to level out and the inertia will pull out towards track out and you put the pedal down come out of there hauling ass.

In the CCW direction, it's just the opposite, you get your braking done and get setup for the bowl. Then you start to add more and more power as you go through the bowl, at the exit the bowl shoots you out and you're WOT as you bomb up the hill (blind apex) and crest it and then continue on down the back straight away.

mghwater 11-10-2015 11:17 AM

Slow down your getting me hot.., I wanna do every track day now but the lady is getting pissed. That isn't actually that far away- I try to make it happen.

BlueTeg 11-10-2015 11:28 AM

It's pretty much the same travel time to CVR as it is to INDE unless you live in the far west side (Surprise/Buckeye, or Queen Creek)

BlueTeg 11-10-2015 02:25 PM

That track day actually falls on Valentine's day weekend. Treat your lady to a classy dinner in Blythe!! :lama::cownana::clap::tits:

tomkat492 11-11-2015 09:32 AM

I'm usually pretty quiet on these forums (my post count kinda proves that), but I just wanted to give a shout out to the guys who helped change my radiator on Saturday.

I think next HPDE I do, I might have to spring for both days. And buy some new pads because the stock ones held up with the Motul fluid, but the pedal has been super squishy since haha.

Chuck Chainz 11-11-2015 09:55 AM

I was wondering I f you were on this forum, anyway, it's always awesome when people are willing to help. Did you have to miss a session or was it changed out in time?
Also did you advance to DE2?

tomkat492 11-12-2015 08:29 AM

I missed my first session and they were going to credit me for one session Sunday morning, but I didn't end up coming back because my brake pedal felt (and still does) feel kinda squishy. I had a shop do my brake fluid so I assumed all would be well. I don't know how air would get in the lines if the pedals felt good the first few days I had it done, including the track day.

I was supposed to get bumped to DE2, but I didn't have him sign off on Saturday night since I figured I'd be there Sunday. If I can make Amp then hopefully I can get moved up at some point during that day.

Fix.it.again.Tony 11-12-2015 03:31 PM

crap fluid?

What kind are you using? and did you bleed only or flush & bleed?

I had a similar issue in my genesis and turns out I needed to upgrade to dot4 fluid to prevent it from boiling and getting mushy

mghwater 11-12-2015 03:36 PM

I second dis, dot4 fixed the same issues I was experiencing- not to say it could be 5 different things. The brake system is pretty rudimentary, just a look over will reveal things.

Chuck Chainz 11-12-2015 03:58 PM

Mine was the same after de1
Crappy brakes/lines/fluid were then culprits

This time around all of that was taken care of and no issues regarding the braking system.

phatman 11-12-2015 04:38 PM

Or Tucson. INDE is far close. xD

CVR sounds fun though. Need to get suspension in order and cash to go have some HPDE1 going for me. Need to get started on HPDE and some training. Only two track days and they were just open days.

tomkat492 11-13-2015 12:03 PM

I actually bought Motul RBF600 to put in and I had them do it like 2-3 days before the event so it was super fresh. But it was stock rotors, pads, and lines. So I think It might be one of the latter.

It's just really hard to tell. I was planning on throwing on a new set of blanks and going up to the Hawk HPS. The car stopped fine for all of my sessions even though on the last one I started getting a ton of vibrations.

It still is stopping okay, just feels a little off so I haven't been driving it if I don't have to until I can take a peek at it.

BlueTeg 11-13-2015 01:35 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what shop did the fluid flush?

Vibration under braking means you need to turn or replace your rotors. O'Reilly turns rotors for like $10 each. Or you can just get new ones for like $20 each.

If the pedal still has a longer travel a few days after the event, you have air in your lines (you boiled the fluid) and need to bleed or flush the system. I would recommend an HP+ brake pad vs. the regular HP. It has a higher operating temp range, better for road course duty.

tomkat492 11-13-2015 02:07 PM

I took it to Chandler Auto & Tire. I figured it was an easy enough job...?

I was going to do the rotors either way. On the drive home I guess some of the lugs came loose, so the inside of my wheel and the part of the rotor that usually meets the wheel have some metal carved out of them that I didn't end up noticing until I went to re-torque them in the morning.

I was considering the HP+ pads, but I'm kinda avoiding excessive brake dust. It looks like I'm gonna have to quit being lazy though if I'm gonna do this sort of thing haha.

Fix.it.again.Tony 11-13-2015 03:14 PM

if your car is a track car, brake dust should not be a concern

otherwise

buy a set of junk wheels that you can dust the hell out of for the track.

Chuck Chainz 11-13-2015 03:38 PM

The dust from the HP+ isn't that bad, besides you have dark wheels anyway.

LS-S DA9 11-13-2015 10:21 PM

I have a set of front rotors almost new for sale ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Chuck Chainz 11-13-2015 11:26 PM

You're next course of action should be changing the lines, bleeding the fluid and better pads.

I can honestly say, that was one of the best upgrades (brakes) to my car, apart from the manual transmission.