AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU/Programming/Electronics (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   obd scaner not responding to ecu? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147433)

ttwinsupra 04-11-2011 04:48 PM

obd scaner not responding to ecu?

so i tryed to pass emissions today only to find that they said i fialed due to my ecu not communicating with their scan tools.
I took it to the main testing place on 29th and they said its cuz it was illegaly modified?
they say that its getting power but it wont read, also they were asking me about a switch thats installed next to/on top of the port, i guess thats aftermarket, anyone know what this lil togle switch is?
I guess some sensors in the engine are cut and the guy said the car should not be running, but it runs great, WTF? I guess they replaced the engine and hacked it all up when they did, my friend says I do have an OBD2 ECU, so any guesses what it can be before i start to tear apart the dash? anyone have this problem?
oh the guy who I got the car from said he put a JDM non-vetc b18 in it, I thought he was full of BS but, possible problems with ecu cuz of that?
any help?

ttwinsupra 04-12-2011 07:07 PM

I took out the scanner port and theres alot of prong things that dont have wires going to them, anyone know the wires that are suposed to be going to the obd scanner?

DarkAngel 04-12-2011 10:07 PM

YOU need a wiring diagram. Is this on your avatars car? If so I take it the Engine block is probably OBD1 and the harness is an OBD2 harness? Man what a hack they must of done to get it to run if they had to hack into the OBD2 port as well. You need to ask the previous owner what they did. Does it have a jumper harness by chance?

ttwinsupra 04-13-2011 09:53 AM

do you know where i can find a wire diagram for the ecu and obd port area? ive been looking all over and the only obd2 integra diagrams i can find are for the guage cluster and lights and little BS like that.
also i was thinking the same thing about the obd1 block, would it be possible to pass with the obd1 block and obd2 ecu?

DarkAngel 04-13-2011 01:26 PM

ttwinsupra 04-13-2011 03:19 PM

thanks! that pinout diagram is just what I was looking for at this point.
ya its a 96' integra last time i did emmisions they let me do the old obd1 thing in the tail pipe and dino thing, now they say theres no way thats gonna hapen again, lame

ttwinsupra 04-14-2011 11:06 AM

I only have 5 wires going to that pin they are #s 4,5,7,14, and 16. so asuming the not defined ones are empty it looks like im missing #s 2,6,10, and 15 witch are the;

Bus positive line of SAE J1850

CAN(H) ISO 15765

Bus negative line of SAE J1850

L line ISO 9141/14230

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THESE ARE AND WHERE THEY GO? PLEASE!

ttwinsupra 04-14-2011 02:12 PM

ok so i read that u need (in an iso car) pins 4, 5, 7, [b]15[b], and 16.
so im thinkin of moving the 14th one to the 15th slot, i tryed to remove the wire from the pin as a whole with the lil clamp but could not , so I just removed the wire but the metal end clamp is still in the pinout in #14 SO where can I get some new little wire clamp/metal end pinout conector things, so i can put the wire in the 15th pinout slot?
or anyone just know where I can just get the whole obd conector pinout from someone with a parting out integra or a track integra or somehitng i can buy? ive already tryed beep beep auto and they say they dont have any.

stin1 04-14-2011 02:20 PM

What part number is on the ecu? My guess is it using a jdm ecu which used obd2 style plugs but will not communicate with the scan tool. The last 3 digits should start with a A if it is a usdm ecu.

ttwinsupra 04-14-2011 02:37 PM

looks like it might be USDM, my ecu says

37820-P75-A02
980-113639

P.S. im still looking hard for the replacement wire terminals to the pinout, or for a whole new used pinout, cant find them

DarkAngel 04-15-2011 01:53 AM

Yea I am trying to find a specific one as well. I have located a wiring/electrical program for acura's and honda's but my comp wont let me install the program as its not compatible as I am running Windows 7 64x OS and its probably a none compatible program. I need my old OS to do this .........

Try looking in and search around. Go to their forum as well.

keywords: DLC, Data Link Connector, Integra OBDII Connector pinout, etc.

Some of the posts in there are old but contain links to manuals, mirros and what not that still work.

The Punisher 04-15-2011 04:26 AM

That is a USDM OBDIIa ECU. Sounds like wiring BS :(

Easiest thing to do, snag a harness from a junker car to ensure its all right :)

ttwinsupra 04-16-2011 01:57 PM

cool thanks, since ive already pulled the 14th wire out im gonna have to do that frist, but i still cant find what type or size or even the real name of the little metal pin terminals that go on the end of the wire that go into the DLC pinout

96accordsir 10-04-2012 05:29 PM

bringing this ancient thread back because this is exactly what is happening with my car?

96accordsir 10-04-2012 05:33 PM

same car? lol