AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   H23a1 need help!!!! (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184579)

96PreludeYo 12-31-2012 05:01 PM

H23a1 need help!!!!

I'm new to this and bough a h23a1 that was in a thousand pieces .. dad and i fixed it all up and droped it in.. runs great and had it tuned cuz i guess it had a turbo the guy said he blew it and just wanted to get ride of it.. Picked it up for 60 bucks...I had a f22b witch I heard its a shadow of a h23a1 meaning the same thing..just more torque I guess.. I wanted to know any info on how to get more outta her.. I'm only 16 and rebuilt my first engine.. I wanna get into Hondas more and do everything my self I already did intake headers and exhaust. Any other info would really help thanks guys

civicnick 01-01-2013 02:57 PM

put a vtec head on it.

SovietSuperSoldier 01-01-2013 06:03 PM

Or put nitrous on it. And some cam gears.

hondafan2 01-01-2013 10:21 PM

Don't forget a better clutch yo!

96PreludeYo 01-02-2013 04:19 PM

How would I go about putting a vtec head on.. And how much...

SovietSuperSoldier 01-02-2013 04:31 PM

If you need to ask, your not ready.

Nachooooosupreme 01-02-2013 04:45 PM

Drive your car bro. Fix up the exterior/interior or the suspension/wheels before you start swapping parts off your friends honda and fucking shit uplol . Slow down bro don't get too excited.

96PreludeYo 01-03-2013 09:01 AM

Well I've had my car for awhile now and I work doin fast food so all my checks I can spend on my car I have drs for rims, aem intake, ordered adj cam gears, aem fule rail. And just wanna build it up there opening a track in April and just want it tone ready. And for pulling parts off my buddies Hondas. Hahaha I don't wanna do it like u and your boys... It's just something I wanna get into..not looking to get dogged on just want help..

SovietSuperSoldier 01-03-2013 03:23 PM

He doesn't pull parts off his friends cars. Were not 16 year old kids working fast food just buying shit online and throw it on our cars cause were trying to impress other stupid kids. Or go faster. We've probably been driving Hondas since you were in kindergarten son. Don't come off like a know it all jackass and come in here asking for help or advice cause you'll be ignored or outed.

civicnick 01-04-2013 08:29 AM

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are wasting your money buying fuel rails and adjustable cam gears. Your stock fuel rail is good for everything you are going to throw at that motor. And adjustable cam gears are not going to do anything for you unless you have the actual need to change the cam settings, which you dont. If I were you I would start doing research on what types of things people are doing for power gains, and how to do the things you need to do... like putting a VTEC head on that block.

The best piece of advice I can give you is to not be a the guy that does no research and asks questions that have been answered a hundred times over or is in the FAQ section. The information is out there.... go get it.

2000 01-28-2013 02:56 PM

put an h22 head on it!