AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   NASA AZ @ Inde Motorsports Ranch :: October 10-11, 2015 (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202129)

topramn 09-08-2015 11:49 PM

NASA AZ @ Inde Motorsports Ranch :: October 10-11, 2015

Online Registration is now open @

Track
Inde Motorsports Ranch

9301 W Airport Rd
Willcox, AZ 85643
(520) 384-0796

Event Details:
* HPDE1-4
* NASA Time Trials
* Annual Competition School
* NASA Race Groups
* UMS Tuning Time Attack Series
* Saturday Night Happy Hour!
* 2 Configurations (Config 4 Saturday & Config 5 Sunday)
* Double points Sunday! (NASA TT, NASA Races, UMS Time Attack)

Hotel Info:
Holiday Inn Willcox
Discounted INDE rate is $60/night for up to 2 adults.
Additional Adults $10/each
YOU MUST CALL THE HOTEL DIRECTLY TO BOOK THIS RATE.
They are currently out of king beds but have approx 20 QQ left.
Phone: (520) 384-3333

(Friday) PRE-Event and Paddock Setup
Early setup will be allowed on Friday. You MUST stop at the wavier station to sign two waivers. One will be the original for Inde and the other will be the original for NASA. If someone is not at the wavier station PLEASE wait until there is before entering the facility to ensure you keep logistics smooth.

Event Schedule
Draft schedule TBD

HPDE Tech Inspection
Please print and fill out a tech form prior to arriving to tech

TT Annual Tech Inspection
TT cars can go through the normal HPDE tech line but need to fill out the annual tech form (not the HPDE form) and bring their log book.

TT Classing
All competitors classing sheets will be publicly posted here (classing sheets & dynos near the bottom of each respective page). If your respective series classing rules for 2015 were not published with at least 30 days notice (Example: Honda Challenge), those specific series/classes will still be able to compete under the 2014 rules and/or 2014 classing sheets. All current classing sheets (and dyno if applicable) for TT needs to be posted on the website (links below) or turned in onsite before the first competition session to avoid being up-classed. The preference is to submit classing sheets to Jeff Abrams so he can update prior to arriving onsite.

The most current rules can always be found here

Time Trial Classing sheets -->

Classing Time Attack
Make sure you check out this thread

Driver Info / Registration
• Will be located at the base of the main control tower
• If you are not wearing your waiver wrist band you may be asked by Driver Info to sign the waiver again
• HPDE1 will need to “check in” with registration. All other groups will receive their wristbands from their respective Group Leader directly after the Drivers Meeting
• Onsite registration available (with a late fee) for groups that are not already sold out

Transponder Rentals
• Need to be checked out at registration
• Need to be returned to registration within 30 mins of your final session to avoid a late fee
• Time Attack competitors: If you rented a transponder for your TA session, it is only available for your TA laps. If you need a transponder for TT or Race group you will be required to pay for a full weekend rental.

Drivers Meetings / Downloads
The mandatory drivers meeting for all drivers (HPDE, TT) will be held at Driver Info. All group breakout meetings and download locations will be announced by your respective Group Leader directly after the morning drivers meeting.

Timing and Scoring
• Results will be posted on our sign easels at Driver Info. If errors are found, please bring this to the attention of the TT / Race Director immediately to get corrected.
• Please remember to update your member profile with updated car and transponder information -->

Water
The club will have bottled water available for staff/volunteers @ registration. Water is also available to participants and guests @ 2 for $1 using the self serve cash box.

Food Service
NASA AZ will be cooking lunch both days and dinner on Sat night. Lunch tickets will be $10 each. 1 dinner ticket will be included per paid registration. Additional dinner tickets can be purchased at driver info for $15. Due to rising costs of food, beverages and transportation logistics, all participants (with the exception of Officials/Instructors) in the food line must have their food ticket.

Fuel
The town of Willcox is approximately 15-20 mins away with normal pump grades. The track normally has 91 & 100 octane unleaded and 110 leaded race fuel. Quantities and prices TBA

Tire Service
NASA Arizona will have tire service available all weekend long.
$5 – dismount
$10 – mount
$10 – balance
$5 – tire disposal (this will be $0 if the track will take our scrubs)

dudeinpinkfit 09-18-2015 07:06 PM

Nobody is posting who is planning on going. I will be there in my wife's si. This is one of Arizonas best tracks. This is a must.

LS-S DA9 09-18-2015 07:10 PM

Someday but not this time still on a budget. I'll see everyone at whp east.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dudeinpinkfit 09-18-2015 07:14 PM

This one is more worth it than east. Just saying.

LS-S DA9 09-18-2015 07:19 PM

That's what everyone says but it's also sooner and I'm assuming costs more from registration to fuel..

dudeinpinkfit 09-18-2015 07:25 PM

You could bring your own fuel so you don't have to buy it there. Just stop in town right before you get to the track and fill up a couple of gas cans and should be good to go.

Trust me you don't want to miss it.

Chuck Chainz 09-18-2015 07:31 PM

We could have my brother bring our stuff in his truck
When will the next event be held there?
End of the year or beginning of next year?

LS-S DA9 09-18-2015 07:33 PM

Carlos. Its east and amp after this so I'm assuming next year. . We could combine and not bring the same tools too save weight and space...
Track wheels, canopy, chair and fuel wOuld fit in my car. Also id probably pull seats for weight and space lol.

LS-S DA9 09-18-2015 08:17 PM

Wish all my stuff would sell so this was more affordable though. Have way too much crap around, somedays i feel like throwing it all out just to get rid of it lol.

mghwater 09-18-2015 08:52 PM

I might do dis, but secretly scared of new undriven track, above 100mph straights, and of course braking shit, the usuals- which config btw?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LS-S DA9 09-18-2015 08:57 PM

I think you Carlos and I should try to go. Im upgrading brakes and flushing the fluid tomorrow. I really dont want to skip a month lol

mghwater 09-18-2015 09:58 PM

Alright, would be cool

BlueTeg 09-21-2015 11:13 PM

BlueTeg 09-21-2015 11:16 PM

That's a good idea. Support vehicle FTMFW!! :party2:

Who knows....might be awhile till we run there again. They're a membership based facility. Now the economy is better they are raising their prices for clubs (like NASA) to run there and even for their existing members. This event was originally cancelled, and then brought back because so many NASA peeps asked Tage to bring it back.

IF...and that's a big IF, it would most likely be May of next year.

BlueTeg 09-21-2015 11:36 PM

No need to be scared. :) Before driving a new track I will try to watch 30-60 minutes of "film" on it. You should have the whole track memorized in your head and be able to drive it with your eyes closed before you ever step foot on the property. This will drastically decrease the amount of laps/sessions it takes to learn the track. Nothing is worse than going to a new track and spending the entire first session just driving to not get lost.

Here's a great video with a GPS track overlay (config #4) on it to show you what different parts of the track look like from the driver seat vs. the position on the track map.

Config 4 on Saturday
Config 5 on Sunday

BlueTeg 09-21-2015 11:45 PM

This track is twice as fun as East. If you have to skip one or the other I would do INDE; it's a cooler track to drive due to the elevation changes, blind crests, cambered corners, and higher top speed straightaway. The facilities at INDE make Wild Horse Pass feel like a parking lot. Their bathrooms are seriously nicer than what I have at home. Given the uncertainty of the track's place in our schedule for next year and the years going forward I would absolutely do this. You'll have plenty of chances to run East next year.

If you have family obligations that will prevent you taking that much time away from home, just go for one of the two days. I would mob down there Friday after dinner. This will give you valuable face time with the wife and kids, and then head out around 8pm. Check in to your hotel, get some Zzzz's, the track on Saturday and then pack up and head home Saturday night. You'll be back home by 8:00 PM or earlier to tuck the kids in bed and/or watch TV with the wifey. :)

If you are camping, you might need to leave Phoenix earlier (5:00pm) since their gates close at like 9pm IIRC.

Between the 2 configurations I think #4 (Saturday's layout) is more fun. You'll be at the top of 4th gear at the end of the straight, a light braking zone and you're back on the throttle (WOT) hauling ass through the right hand corner which then sends you bombing up that long ass hill in the sweet spot of 4th gear WOT, as the suspension squats from the small dip in the elevation, and then setting up for the blind crest at the top will get your adrenaline pumping.

Just drive within your means on this track. Don't try and conquer it the first day. The moment you push the envelope past your talent level, you'll find yourself in a pretty gnarly offroad excursion.

mghwater 09-22-2015 12:10 AM

I do need a good emotional slap in the face by taking my shitty little Honda to the private hangers fly in trust funders playground, alright convinced me! I would like ride along if available

BlueTeg 09-22-2015 12:44 AM

After your morning break out meeting with your group leader, pull him aside ask him if there are any extra instructors available to ride along with you. Most of them are happy to jump in for a session or two to help you out. Otherwise, buddy up to one of the other Honda guys in HPDE3 or 4 and see if they will take you for a ride.

I won't be at this event, otherwise I'd help you out.

topramn 09-22-2015 04:33 AM

Looks like Oct again for now.

phatman 09-23-2015 04:54 PM

Went to Inde 2 years ago for Auto-X on the north loop, then lapping the main config in the afternoon. I was in a sloppy arse Accord and managed to make it without crashing. Never got up to 100 on the straightaway. There's decent runoff room, great elevation changes. It's worth it. If I had the cash for it, I'd go.

mghwater 09-23-2015 10:00 PM

phatman 09-24-2015 08:11 AM

This is a video from my friends Miata two years ago at Inde on the main config. The blue Accord he follows at first is me. There will obviously be changes since they're using config 4 & 5, but you still get an idea of how the track works.

Chuck Chainz 09-25-2015 02:25 PM

As much as I'd love to I cannot, although I will be at the November event, how bout you?
You as well Mr. Midori

LS-S DA9 09-25-2015 03:03 PM

Im hoping to make november. Now my oil pressure sensor took a shit and leaking.. they are 63$..

topramn 09-25-2015 05:25 PM

Updated hotel info

mghwater 09-25-2015 09:13 PM

Too bad gents. Ya, I'll plan on attending every one within close distance, twas nice to get a hotel discount- kudos Wilcox, hope it isn't like "The hills have eyes" when the sun goes down out there

BlueTeg 09-26-2015 04:27 PM

Do you have electric or mechanical?
If electrical, are the sending unit + bung threads are leaking?
Where is the bung mounted?

LS-S DA9 09-26-2015 05:01 PM

Its aem digital(electrical). It is mounted where the factory dummy lights sensor goes. I can turn the plastic clip on the metal base.

BlueTeg 09-27-2015 01:57 AM

Have you considering mounting it in the oil pan?
IMO, it's a better location, for monitoring the oil temps as pick up ingests the oil for use in the engine.
The factory dummy light is threaded into aluminum. I'd rather leave that alone (too loose and it will leak, too tight /stripped threads and you're going to have a bad day) and be able torque into a steel bung. If you're a manly man, like Carlos, and you strip out the bung, it's alot easier to fix that than stripped threads in the block.

just my 2 cents.

LS-S DA9 09-27-2015 07:27 AM

You can get oil pressure reading from the pan? Also I kinda wanted to do what Carlos did and do an oil temp sensor in the drain plug.