AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   thinking about putting crower 404's on the LS (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175301)

Chef 08-05-2012 05:17 PM

thinking about putting crower 404's on the LS

Thoughts? and other suggestions as to what else ill have to look into buying to make this work....

will have a ecu with s300 ready for when it goes to tony at ums.... BUT what else should i consider?

Valve, springs, retainers, cam gears? upgrade the ignition timing.

.ej8 08-06-2012 02:51 AM

Whats in the bottom?

Chef 08-06-2012 11:37 AM

Well ATM it's stock obviously being that I just bought the swap... Planning on putting ARP head studs and rob bolts in it as well... That's on the list... Just want to make sure I get everything outta the way to be able to run a higher grade cam... Doesn't even have to be the 404's I'm more do looking at why options I have and what experiences people have had with a all motor build with an Ls non vtec...I'm not looking to get super high hp... But if I can get anywhere close to 250-275 hp at the wheels out of a all motor then that would bet ultimate goal... It also has to be pretty reliable being that it's going to get the shit beat out of it at the track... (NASA hpde, TT,TA)

Jason.AZ1 08-06-2012 11:43 AM

Boost your Ls if you want 200-300whp. A allmotor LS is going to be tough and not worth building to hit 250whp na IMO.
Build a High comp B20-V if your trying for 200whp (IPH can help you with this. Also Mickey can too).
Swap to a K or H2b if you want more power all motor (IMO Best option but not so cheap or buy Mickeys swap which is a good deal ;)).
That's my opinion.

Colten79 08-06-2012 12:17 PM

I think he meant 150-175whp (non vtec)?? 250whp is pretty tough for a VTEC B series to hit N/A
Theres always one of those guys that want to be the "non-vtec" guy, but they always end up going vtec.. I would personally not even bother in building a LS head. You would most likely make more power with a stock Si/GSR/ITR head, and it would be under less stress..

..... BUT to answer your question about the 404's, I have had two friends use them (on boost) and they were pretty damn nasty
This..

Chef 08-09-2012 08:29 AM

Well the reason i wanted to keep the LS is cause it gets tracked to many times i have seen the b/V i.e. ls-v... and so on.... they can deal with the constant beatings.... and i dont want to go k series as it will put me in a different class for Honda challenge... :)

Sorry i just re read the OP yes i mean 150-175 WHP...

Honestly lookin at prices i think i can probly just get a GSR stock and be in a better position for torque and power.... selling my ls swap of course...

still contemplating i have till jan to have the car ready so i have some time.... :)