AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   AZHT Lounge (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   LONG STORY (Need Help) (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111651)

SquareButtDA9 11-04-2009 12:46 PM

LONG STORY (Need Help)

I've been having a shitty past couple of weeks...so heres the breakdown.

1: On Sat the 17th I got sick as a dog and while I was driving for some meds I noticed my steering was tuff as shit and after inspection noticed that there is a leak in the steering hose.

2: On Sunday the 18th I was driving to the Zoo for a company outting and while I was driving I accidentally dropped my iphone out the window (dont ask, I still cant explain it to myself how it happened) As I came back around to see if i could salvage it I noticed a huge puddle of oil under my .

3: Car was out of commision for a week as i had to work and try to get stuff done after I got off. Turns out the balance shaft seal took a walk since it was hard (lol hard!). Got it replaced and since its a known issue it came with a metal plate to hold it in place. As if shit couldnt get worse I stripped the front bolt that goes from the header to downpipe causing a leak.

4: A week later as im on my way home (28 mile drive) my car started acting weird, battery light comes on and i trip! Turns out the underdrive pulley came out the bolt was still there but fucker came out sidways.

5: Went out and bought a used one at a junkyard and put it back on also replacing the crank key way as the old one stripped a little due to the pulley rolling over it.

6: Car was running for a week and the damn auto tensioner went and timing belt got loose, im glad I was about 2 blocks away from home. Pushed it in the garage and had to work on it yet again.

7: Got the timing belt on and as I drove to work the damn Pulley pushed to Crank bolt out and yet again killed the key way and pooched fucked the pulley.

Alright so on to the help guys, I need to see who has a crank tool and if someone can hook it up with a tow (ill throw some cash at ya for the help) I would appreciate it guys as I am going crazy with all these mad problems and broke too.

P.S. Not a noob to AZHT been on this site for about three years
previously 01preludepimp and I<3JHMBB6

Holla back please!!

Digi Snax 11-04-2009 12:52 PM

shitty man, GL

Jstarda9 11-04-2009 12:52 PM

Damn goodluck man... I remeber having shitty car troubles with my 2nd Integra

Fucking motor fell
Overheated all the time
Bent the frame so it pulled

honduh_head 11-04-2009 12:53 PM

why not use your old screen names?

SquareButtDA9 11-04-2009 12:55 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys, funny to see my car in the parking lot at my work everyday (been sitting there since Monday)

SquareButtDA9 11-04-2009 12:56 PM

Sorry, email addresses on those SN's no longer exist and dont recall the passwords. Can you tell I have a bad mammory lol! Havent heard from you in a while Bee Rad (you, I and some others used to chat all the time on the AZHT chat room....remember the emails you sent me? LOL)

honduh_head 11-04-2009 01:02 PM

man my memory is just as bad lol...i don't remember us chatting at all sorry.. whats your name?

SquareButtDA9 11-04-2009 01:12 PM

Names Robert bro, Ill send you a PM on how you'll probably remember me.

honduh_head 11-04-2009 01:15 PM

cool man....think you need 10 posts first

imm0rtal 11-04-2009 01:16 PM

Do you own a torque wrench? It sounds to me like the recurring problems are because you didn't fix the first ones right...Also, remove your starter and pin the flywheel from moving, then you can do it without the crank tool, just need a torque wrench and a long fucking screwdriver :thumbup:

ashtonsturboser 11-04-2009 01:22 PM

crappy luck. but im sorry i look at a lot of honda timing belt setups and they are just plain wack. Auto tensioners suck balls. a nice simple tensioner will last a long long time if done properly, There is no need for all those wack belts and stupid tensioners. For example early 90's accord, f22 engine. Big pain in the ass to do a timing belt especially by yourself.

Thank God for timing chains with hydraulic tensioners. No problems, No worries, nice and simple. Smart. haha

Sorry for the rant.

Hope you get it all figured out. But seriously hondas are good motors but damn they are a pain in the ass to work on. Balancer shafts, water pumps driven off the timing belt, oil pumps driven off the timing belt. Its BS if you ask me.

SquareButtDA9 11-04-2009 01:24 PM

Got the long screwdriver and dont own a torque wrench. I guess you can say that the only good thing about this is that I got an unorthodox pulley so I guess that'll be nice (given same thing doesnt happen again). Im hoping that the crank didnt get pooched cause if it is im uffked.

SquareButtDA9 11-04-2009 01:49 PM

Thank bro, about the timing belt sheesh! tell me about it, had to have tried like 6 times to get that shit in there and make sure everything was TDC

ashtonsturboser 11-04-2009 02:02 PM

yeah ive done way more honda timing belts than i would have ever liked to have done, haha.

Thats one of the biggest reasons i love nissans. Almost all their motors are timing chain, Especially the SR20 which is what i have. Never have to do a chain, ever. And even tearing the motor apart and putting it back together is simple. No balance shafts either. no need, crank comes forged and balanced from the factory, oil pump driven off the actual crank at the front of the motor, water pump completely seperate from everything else. You dont know how many motors ive seen detroyed because the water pump failed on a honda. It kinda sucks but it just requires you to keep up the maintenance a bit more.

Its all good though. Hope you get it all sorted.