AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Cleaning a Black Car in AZ (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129090)

MrRline2010 06-29-2010 04:21 AM

Cleaning a Black Car in AZ

Well this is my first black car that i've owned in the state and i'm already hating it. While washing it today I kept getting streaking from water on the paint and it's a pain in the ass to get off. I'm wondering how others keep their car streak free here in az? I was thinking maybe waxing may help with the issue, but I need to get the current streaking off first before I attempt that. Also should I be trying to wash that car at certain parts of the day rather than others?

alx 06-29-2010 05:40 AM

Dry with a shammy/wash in the shade. You can go over streaked areas with the damp shammy to get rid of them.

Daddy_Digital 06-29-2010 12:36 PM

how and where are u washing your car? i use to have a black car and living in this dusty ass state, having a black car is hard to keep clean. i was washing my car 2 or 3 times. i use to wash my car at the car wash and use the pressure washer. id go heavy on the wax and spot free rinse. i also use "the absorber" sham. ive always used it and it works great.

rudsone 06-29-2010 12:44 PM

why'd you change up your s/n florida?

use those microfiber towels like they are your religion my man!

AZ_CIVIC 06-29-2010 12:48 PM

The best way to clean a black car is wash it around 6:30 at night WITHOUT SOAP, use just plain water, soap is what gives wierd streaking.

you will want to do this in the shade that is why I am suggesting around 6:30, also keep the car really wet right before drying and then use a sham to dry and follow right behind the sham with a microfiber towel.

Even then you may see a little streaking but hit it with a good wax and it will take streaking away.

BDEG 06-29-2010 01:52 PM

Go to a hand wash and have them do it.

nelsmar 06-29-2010 01:56 PM

dry the car half at a time, spray downwards, keep it in the shade, and keep 1 damp cloth. Also keep a spray bottle of water around, if you find a streak attempt using the damp cloth, spray where needed.

Also you can use spot free rinse at a car wash, or get a filter system for your house (about 300$). Or you can go to the store, and get 5 gallon jugs of filtered / purified water for about 1$ ea. Use this to "rinse" the car, it wont spot as much as it filters out most of the minerals, much easier to dry with (but a PITA to go get jugs, and pour it on the car haha.

alx 06-29-2010 02:01 PM

jakellama123 06-29-2010 02:49 PM

here im going to save your life
me and my friend with his e46 m3 always wash ours together
do it around 630 pm or so in the shade
go on detailers domain and invest in at least some quality soap, detailing spray, sponges, grit guards, and waffle weave towels

spend maybe 100$ but u can wash your car alot of leave it scratch free
hose down car starting at the top
(use foam gun if you want to invest in one)
put debris free sponge in bucket and wash like 1 panel. then rub on grit guard to clean it
repeat
hose car off and here its nice to have 2 people
1 person get a leaf blower to spray off big puddles of water
then one person spray the spray detailer as the other person follows them with the waffle weave while drying
this prevents streaking and water spots. i even use it on windows. just not a clear bra
then use a different towel to clean your wheels, wheel wells, etc
dress plastic trim and tires with 303 aerospace protectant (sold at alot of boating stores or rv places, i got mine at 67th and bell)
NEVER drop your towel or sponge or rest it anywhere that might be dirty
detailersdomain.com has alot of quality products and tips

and if you dont have one, get a clear bra while the damn thing is new
if you only have time for a quick wash then dont bother. and please dont run it through the car washes

and do your wash this way btw. me and my friend have done alot of research, read, watched videos, and talked to people who detail cars. if your paint is in great shape we could wash it without leaving any swirls what so ever. dont bother with products from autozone and stuff
we use the yellow sponge, orange foam fun, grit guard, adams spray detailer, lusso premium soap, and then waffle weave towels in a different section on their site

interior i take it to the manual car washes and vaccum it then clean anything thats dirty with just a damn microfiber (get lil scuffs or spilled liquids out of the textured plastics) then i use another microfiber damp with 303 so i dont overspray on the windows. and i do the door panels, and just about everything but the dash. use a clean dry microfiber to wipe off any excess. 303 leaves it clean and a little glossy but not all tacky looking and slimey

AZ_CIVIC 06-29-2010 03:18 PM

with black paint you will always no matter how good the paint see slight swirl marks. There is one product I use that you will pretty much Eliminate swirl marks and make your paint look so damn good.

Only problem is you need a dewalt multi speed, professional buffer like I have, then you need to know how to properly buff cars, you need to swap the backing plate from the Dewalt buffer with a velcrow backing and buy ultraphine and the ultraphine buffing pad.

This is expensive but worth it, nothing beats ultraphine, ask any real painter and they will tell you this stuff is awesome.

But like I said before just wash your car later in the evening and in shade.

Daddy_Digital 07-02-2010 04:28 AM

oh yea, u MUST wash ur car at night. the sun dries up the water on ur car too fast during the day.

mrandregonzalez 11-14-2012 09:17 AM

jakellama123 11-14-2012 12:28 PM

retard

bseries1320 11-15-2012 10:59 AM

indeed

jakellama123 12-09-2012 10:29 PM

you fucking cunt

Hellsinki 01-26-2013 11:36 AM

:icon_lol:

I usually wash mine, microfiber dry, then use a detailer spray after drying and microfiber towel wipe that off.. turns out good. Agreed black cars are a pita

MikeDC4 02-09-2013 09:56 PM

Wash and dont let anything touch it cause as soon as it does you can see how much dust is on it within a hour

Nachooooosupreme 02-09-2013 10:57 PM

Use rubbing compound before you wash.

JDM 02-13-2013 09:29 PM

Nachooooo Librč

captaiinplanet 03-10-2013 09:29 PM

Works Great! carefull not to use to much, might leave streaks!

lexus_is300 03-15-2013 02:11 PM

I use Windex after completely drying my car :) works for me

BigWillyStyle 04-11-2013 05:44 PM

This was already mentioned but I just got some Meguiar's Quick Detailer. This stuff works pretty good and takes off water spots and streaks, like the ones from your mirrors that you get when you think your car is dry and take it for a cruise.

bajito89 04-12-2013 07:39 PM

I started using Adam's Polishes car shampoo and detailer spray for my washes and every month or so a buttery wax treatment. comes out looking beautiful on my g35

contact55 04-23-2013 07:21 AM

^^this

GURU 09-06-2013 10:57 AM

bring it to me... Top Notch Auto Detail 623-418-3420... 14 yrs experience. you can check my work by lookin at my facebook.