AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Engine Building (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Engine build help (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196892)

Jvanderlin 04-01-2014 06:46 PM

Engine build help

I km looking to completley rebuild a b18 to be able to handle boost and u already have a gsr swap in my civic would it be easier to pull my engine and rebuild that or too just find a whole new engine rebuild that with better internals so that my car can remain a daily driver plus I am unsure with what companies offer well made parts ao that it doesnt leave me stranded.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AZ_CIVIC 04-01-2014 07:28 PM

To make it easy on yourself call the two shops in my sig and be done.

CB7_PHX 04-01-2014 08:27 PM

Shop around, do research. It's all about your budget. If you got the money to get another block i would. If not take it to a shop

Jvanderlin 04-01-2014 11:52 PM

Id love to take it too a shop but thats not the fun of a build. Whwn it comes to turboing maybe then because we don't have the experience for that. And I know either way its going to expensive and the prides juat not quit there for me. I have a love for Honda's but not the experience on building motors.

AZ_CIVIC 04-02-2014 06:47 AM

What I am saying is you do not have to take you car down there to have them build it for you. You can simply call those two shops to gather information on the type of build you would like to do. By calling these guys they can give you an idea of exactly what you need, the parts you should run and even order parts if you need it. They also can give you locations to machine shops etc.

Not to mention having a shop build your block properly doesn't take the fun out of any build. Trust me, there is a lot more to a proper built car than just the block. There is also a ton more stuff you can work on yourself, building your own block and having a crap ton of issues down the road is no fun and will lead to a for sale thread a few months later like most the guys on this site.

Fix.it.again.Tony 04-02-2014 07:31 AM

everyone here seemed to miss the part where he mentioned this is his daily driver lol.

buy a separate engine and fuck with it on your free time

AZ_CIVIC 04-02-2014 08:17 AM

I didn't miss the part he mentioned this is his daily driver, in fact he said he has a b18 and is wondering if he should build that block or pull the GSR in his car to build.

All I am saying is if he is planning on building either block to use in his daily driver, he should really make sure either one is built correctly if he intends on driving the car everyday with a built turbocharged setup.

If it was my setup, I would build the GSR..

Jvanderlin 04-02-2014 12:13 PM

Yeah I do want it ok be reliable I am not even wanting to run high boost to put out high horse power I love my car and I already know the people that fucked this car up before me so im still trying to get the shitty wiring and shitty workmanship fixed so I can have her running g and looking like she should im just utterly confused with even were to start