AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Addicted to monster (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=171544)

kguerrero 05-25-2012 01:29 PM

Addicted to monster

So right now I drink anywhere from 5-10 a day and I can for sure feel the effects on my body.

I've cut out almost all soda but when I don't drink monster it feels like I'm going through withdrawals. Headaches, easily irritated , no energy to do anything.

So what I'm asking is if anyone has any tips to help stop drinking these or any natural energy supplements that I can switch to that won't make me feel like trash.

kerosinek 05-25-2012 01:34 PM

Seriously? 5-10 monsters a DAY? No tips or anything from me, only thing I can suggest is a regular diet/exercise/schedule. If you arent feeling energetic, maybe get a blood test to make sure you don't have any deficiencies or something.

But seriously man, even if you feel like shit, just stop. 5-10 monsters a day is straight up disgusting. Your liver will thank you and kidney stones are no fun.

Keep in mind whats in that shit too... Each monster (assuming you are drinking the regular size ones) has almost a 1/4 cup of sugar in it. You are consuming 1.25 - 2.5 cups of nothing but sugar every day plus all the other crap.

Sorry to come off as preachy and Im sure you already know its not healthy and all, but Im trying to get my girl to stop drinking redbull right now too... She drinks nothing but jagerbombs and when she drinks, she will go through 3 or 4 redbulls in a 3 hour timeframe, it's aweful.

kguerrero 05-25-2012 01:36 PM

Ya I know. And it's not cheap lol. Had blood drawn 3 months ago and no problems there.

Chuck Chainz 05-25-2012 01:36 PM

drink full throttle

neveragain 05-25-2012 01:38 PM

Ween yourself off of it slowly, like cigarettes. Withdrawal will still be there, but not AS bad. If it's any motivation, too, you're killing your kidneys, no joke.

Dsquared Upholstery 05-31-2012 06:15 PM

Yeah man, holy crap. You can read online about the effects of too much caffeine on your body and formulate your own opinion.

Anyways, you have a lack of energy because you likely have a terrible diet. It's safe to assume a huge portion on your calories are comiing from those drinks.

Your best bet is to go down to your local gun store, buy a gun and shoot yourself in the head.

If not, I'd look up ways to wean yourself off of the extreme amounts of caffiene. You will go through withdrawals but it's worth it to be healthy.

savg_buneh 05-31-2012 06:21 PM

lol wow i thoug i was bad but almost there I'm drinking 3 BFC monster cans per day . u can go cold turkey and try to stop like that it worked for me for a while . also lack of energy is mos def from lack of sleep and poor nutrition.

flushek 05-31-2012 06:45 PM

I think the limit is 3 reg. cans a day! Lol ur way over the maximum consumption limit. Try to take b6 and b12 pills this should help with the energy part. Headaches u might just need some aspirin/ect.

bb4arson 05-31-2012 09:46 PM

wtf talk about a waste of money lol

but in all seriousness . how much sleep do you get ?

theAngryMarmot 05-31-2012 10:01 PM

Ditch them.

Get rid of the Soda too.

I gave up on Soda years ago and all my stomach/sleep issues vanished. I refuse to drink energy drinks.

Water, fruit juices, and tea is pretty much all I drink. I highly recommend it.

H22apower 06-03-2012 10:31 AM

Duuude......those things are awful. Get yourself a pack of cashews or almonds and eat them when you feel sluggish. Try carrots too man. When I started to drink a can a day of rock star or full throttle, I started to get lower right side pains ( I thought I was getting appendicitis) got myself on the water program and voala .

kguerrero 06-03-2012 11:22 AM

Right now I'm down to about 2-3. I've been avoiding stores and gas stations so I wouldn't buy them.

As for the sleep issue I'm bipolar and insomnia as a part of being bipolar so I've never really had a good sleep schedule as far as I can remember.

But I will admit this lack of caffeine is like a full on kick in the nuts.

gunsup0331 06-03-2012 02:03 PM

i know of two separate, unrelated individuals who had heart problems stemming from drinking too much monster.
no joke, one had a no shit heart attack at age 20, and he is/was in otherwise good shape

crx88 06-03-2012 10:19 PM

Wow that sucks. At an old job a guy drank a lot of them and got a heart attack. Once I drank half of redbull and was enough and never had drank another energy drink since.good luck, hope you leave this shit man.

Koopa Troopa 06-04-2012 06:20 PM

Sure it wasn't an OD from Rip Its?:biggrin: