AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Photography (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   My Havasupai experience (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196401)

king06 03-04-2014 04:53 PM

My Havasupai experience
 
Well, I went last year in the rainy season. I was absolutely unprepared, pack was too heavy had a blister, etc. never been on a trip like this before.

For those that never been there or heard about it, It is a tribe in the north west of the grand canyon.

Anyways, on to the pictures.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps902e31f0.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps9706b16c.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psbe15f2f7.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psbfd5856a.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps3a097af3.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psd130f0c2.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...pscf32fa69.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps01b85e8f.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps6b9866dd.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...psda320c1d.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps085dc96b.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps52e72600.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps9682c79a.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps2fb1223a.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps2dc00702.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps3346d978.jpg

itrranger37 03-04-2014 05:54 PM

awesome pics man. That's the type of places I like to visit.

Chuck Chainz 03-04-2014 07:19 PM

Wow, looks amazing!

1995turbocoupe 03-05-2014 07:28 AM

Which trail did you do???

king06 03-05-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itrranger37 (Post 3178090)
awesome pics man. That's the type of places I like to visit.

Thank you, I definitely want to go back better prepared and with more knowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck chainz (Post 3178105)
Wow, looks amazing!

My crappy pictures don't do it justice, I shot them with a 50mm lens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1995turbocoupe (Post 3178172)
Which trail did you do???

To tell you the truth, it's the only trail we saw. Theirs only one way in and out, so I'm not too sure.

Chuck Chainz 03-05-2014 09:01 AM

BTW the dog looks pissed off.lol

king06 03-05-2014 02:15 PM

The dog is actually a local and he was playing fetch with some with the other tourists, there's all kinds of dogs roaming wild.

Mingus_Dew 03-05-2014 02:44 PM

Place looks awesome. How Long is the drive I might have to visit this place


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The President 03-05-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD.:EF-hatch:. (Post 3178334)
Place looks awesome. How Long is the drive I might have to visit this place


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the drive is only part of the journey to get there. bust out your walking shoes because it's like a 10 mile hike if i remember correctly.

king06 03-05-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD.:EF-hatch:. (Post 3178334)
Place looks awesome. How Long is the drive I might have to visit this place


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The drive is like 5 hours, but for some reason it didn't feel that long. We started driving like at 4-5am and we stopped at a little town for breakfast, and we stopped somewhere else for gas and coffe before that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The President (Post 3178352)
the drive is only part of the journey to get there. bust out your walking shoes because it's like a 10 mile hike if i remember correctly.

Its actually 12 miles, with maybe 2-3 miles actually being a hike at a steep angle the rest is pretty flat and easy.

Mingus_Dew 03-05-2014 06:19 PM

Sounds like a good work out lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* USDM TROY * 03-05-2014 09:06 PM

Ahaha I've done that hike crazy how there is alil native community down in there lol .. The water falls are amazing .. Easy hike down but goin back up was different story for me lol .

Jermo537 03-17-2014 03:00 AM

fuck yeah man! what an awesome trip...where was my damn invite?!?

i been wanting to go for a while, i think im too fat right now lol got some friends that go each year, i hope to drop some pounds and go this year...ill prob hit you up for some tips

king06 03-20-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermo537 (Post 3180569)
fuck yeah man! what an awesome trip...where was my damn invite?!?

i been wanting to go for a while, i think im too fat right now lol got some friends that go each year, i hope to drop some pounds and go this year...ill prob hit you up for some tips


Well, you are in luck. My friend ( the same one) is putting together another trip together for July 10-13.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it if I'm still in my current job.

EVO MR 03-21-2014 07:28 AM

Was there last year around may. Great place to visit. Wont be going back though i blew my back hurt my lower disk now i need surgery for fix it. So be prepared not a easy hike

king06 03-21-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO MR (Post 3181718)
Was there last year around may. Great place to visit. Wont be going back though i blew my back hurt my lower disk now i need surgery for fix it. So be prepared not a easy hike

That sucks, I was in a work accident about two months ago(forklift broke a bone in foot) and I have to say, it sucks. I wanted to go play some wall ball, but obviously can't. Cant even imagine back surgery.

Jermo537 03-21-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO MR (Post 3181718)
Was there last year around may. Great place to visit. Wont be going back though i blew my back hurt my lower disk now i need surgery for fix it. So be prepared not a easy hike

so wait, you blew your back out and hurt a lower disk while going to havasupai?!?! or you just hurt your back recently after the trip?

king06 03-21-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermo537 (Post 3181917)
so wait, you blew your back out and hurt a lower disk while going to havasupai?!?! Or you just hurt your back recently after the trip?

x2.

EVO MR 03-25-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermo537 (Post 3181917)
so wait, you blew your back out and hurt a lower disk while going to havasupai?!?! or you just hurt your back recently after the trip?

Hurt my back while hiking. Didn't really start hurting till I got back home then had MRI done doc said you put to much stress on you're lower disk from the hike.

EVO MR 03-25-2014 11:59 AM

Best advice is carry as least things as possible or pay for the mule ride.

Jermo537 03-25-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO MR (Post 3182645)
Best advice is carry as least things as possible or pay for the mule ride.

so you carried your food and water for 3 days plus all your heavy ass camping gear and everything else you needed?!? i was told the donkeys take your heavy shit down and i would need to carry water and a few snacks for the 3-5 hour hike

EVO MR 04-01-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermo537 (Post 3182674)
so you carried your food and water for 3 days plus all your heavy ass camping gear and everything else you needed?!? i was told the donkeys take your heavy shit down and i would need to carry water and a few snacks for the 3-5 hour hike

I carried everything, stupid really should have just paid the donkeys to do it. Also got per pressured by friends not to be a pussy and carry it.Was it worth it? Not one bit but u live and learn thats for sure!

EVO MR 04-01-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermo537 (Post 3182674)
so you carried your food and water for 3 days plus all your heavy ass camping gear and everything else you needed?!? i was told the donkeys take your heavy shit down and i would need to carry water and a few snacks for the 3-5 hour hike

Donkeys are extra, so is if you want to get flown in by chopper. Also Chopper takes you're stuff only 3/4 of the way its also 75 one way and donkeys are 100 if i recall right. Donkeys take it 90% of the way. Depending on what days you go it gets pretty hot up there also, so along with snacks you need plenty of water for the hike it self. If you're native from any tribe you get discount for chopper, donkey and entrance emission. Just FYI

Jermo537 04-01-2014 06:18 PM

yeah man ill let the donkeys take my heavy shit down, ill be the first to call myself a pussy i dont give a shit. im fuckin 6'4 300 pounds, my body hurts all day everyday and doing a 10 mile hike carrying nothing will probably fuck me up to where i couldnt walk the next day. im gunna sack up though and try to get down there this year and prob take a chopper out. i heard you get discounts if you are indian, i was told im blackfoot indian but no idea how to prove that or get an ID saying so lol

EVO MR 04-02-2014 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermo537 (Post 3184347)
yeah man ill let the donkeys take my heavy shit down, ill be the first to call myself a pussy i dont give a shit. im fuckin 6'4 300 pounds, my body hurts all day everyday and doing a 10 mile hike carrying nothing will probably fuck me up to where i couldnt walk the next day. im gunna sack up though and try to get down there this year and prob take a chopper out. i heard you get discounts if you are indian, i was told im blackfoot indian but no idea how to prove that or get an ID saying so lol

Gluck with the hike, getting my MRI done tomorrow then friday talking about how to fix me. NEED my life back this back pain is no joke..

Shaggy686 04-02-2014 09:02 PM

Looks Like a Chil Spot To Relieve Some Stress.

king06 04-03-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO MR (Post 3184253)
I carried everything, stupid really should have just paid the donkeys to do it. Also got per pressured by friends not to be a pussy and carry it.Was it worth it? Not one bit but u live and learn thats for sure!

Well that really sucks dudes. Did you camp? My group we all carried our stuff, but non of us camped we all stayed at the lodge. We didnt carry sleeping bags or tents, how ever I did over pack and had the wrong type of bag, it must of been 50-60 lbs and I did develope one blister and I had marks on my shoulders from the straps.

EVO MR 04-07-2014 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king06 (Post 3184698)
Well that really sucks dudes. Did you camp? My group we all carried our stuff, but non of us camped we all stayed at the lodge. We didnt carry sleeping bags or tents, how ever I did over pack and had the wrong type of bag, it must of been 50-60 lbs and I did develope one blister and I had marks on my shoulders from the straps.

We did camp, Just found out friday I need surgery to fix my back promblem. So being set for 2 weeks from now to put to screws on L6 on my spine to keep from shifting back and forth which is whats casuing my pain. Sucks cause I have to pay 5k out of pocket from the 100k surgery will be, as long as I go back to being able to work out ill be happy. Back pain is no joke!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ŠAZHT.net 2004-2018