AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Official Movie Critic Thread (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128258)

SlowLS 06-15-2010 01:53 PM

Official Movie Critic Thread

Ok the purpose of this thread is to post up the title of the movie you just watched and give your two thumbs up or down or just one thumb up. The review can be about any movie new or old.

I'll start.

Hurt Locker.

Waste of my 12 dollars. The movie was very repetitive and lacked any real climax. the acting was ok, but as for a story line it didnt really have one other then a guy disarming bombs. it really just was of waste of time.

I rate it :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Dont waste your time IMO

g2integy 06-15-2010 02:15 PM

Hot Tub Time Machine :bigok:

Great movie , also a blast from the past! Great cast and some really funny jokes.

Daddy_Digital 06-16-2010 06:05 AM

Just saw THE A-TEAM this weekend. I really liked it. The action was really good. I wasn't feeling Rampage's B.A. character, but not bad for his first movie. The guy who played Murdock's character was great and very funny. My favorite part was the flying tank scene.

Oh, it was bullshit that they took out the van so soon. Thats part of the reason why i watched the show as a kid.

SlowLS 06-16-2010 07:32 AM

Thank You for Smoking

Great cast, great story line, witty, clever and pretty funny at times. no hollywood glam or CGI , just great acting.

rating :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lvmevo 06-16-2010 04:13 PM

+1 that movie was halarious and i was sober when i watched it. :blunt:

Habmx 06-17-2010 06:21 PM

I just saw shutter island.
That movie was a total mind fuck.
Acting was really good, and the plot makes you think. Starts off a bit slow imo.

honduh_head 06-17-2010 06:38 PM

doh, thought you would like it. my bad.

fRoSt 06-18-2010 12:55 AM

i watch that movie already too. was pretty bad ass. murdock really crack me up too. lots of action in this movie for sure. i like it.

seen that movie already . its a trip but damn, he was loco all along. he put himself in replay and its starts all over again. trip me out for sure. but damn it was boring . its like a damn puzzle. lol

SlowLS 06-18-2010 10:37 AM

im not mad at you.....im just dissapointed.:poke:

lol, i wub u bwadie, next time i'll just go with my gut feeling and get the first one i picked up, lol

SlowLS 06-22-2010 07:42 AM

The Book Of Eli

Awesome movie, A futuristic twist involving religion. Action Packed, great story line, and a pretty decent and very surprising ending. A movie that i can definetly watch over and over again.

Rating:thumbup::thumbup:

They kinda left room for a sequel, so we'll see whats to come.

Mike

SlowLS 06-22-2010 07:44 AM

StepFather

Pretty good flick, nice mix between thriller and suspense. kept me on the edge of my seat for most of the movie, great acting and an "okay" ending, i felt the could have done more with it but it is what it is right.

Rating - 1 1/2 :thumbsup:

BigJsaid 06-22-2010 08:40 AM

The Box

wtf happened here Richard Kelly? i thought cuz you did good things with Donnie Darko, I could count on you again. But you over mind fucked me, left too many loose ends and essentially made Cameron Diaz look like a shitville actress. I'm certainly glad I waited for the DVD release but still wish I chose to develop my Skate career on MY BOX instead of getting sucked into that crazy nonsensical bullshit you called "The Box"

Dont waste your time with this one doods.:crazy:

g2integy 06-22-2010 11:04 AM

Funny People

I did not like this movie , jokes were mediocre , actors were good but the whole plot sucked! Could have watched Joe vs the Volcano same story plot without a valcano. I give it a :thumbsup:

SlowLS 06-22-2010 11:22 AM

never heard of that movie

BigJsaid 06-22-2010 11:36 AM

i wish i was you then

SlowLS 06-22-2010 11:44 AM

lol

g2integy 06-22-2010 12:36 PM

Let not blow the ending of a movie for everyone either! Just posting this because some might not have seen these movie's yet !

rudsone 06-22-2010 12:46 PM

everyone must watch city of god.

Evil Empire 06-26-2010 03:31 AM

Dude, that's fuckin' weird, I just watched that last night...it was amazing.

Did anyone here see Paraiso Travel? Highly recommended.

HondaFreak 06-28-2010 02:20 AM

Toy Story 3

The last movie I saw was Toy Story 3. I will go ahead and give y'all my opinion.

It was a pretty entertaining and funny movie. There's parts that only adults would understand and find them funny but kids stare at you with a blank look and say "what the fuck are you laughing at?"
The new characters are entertaining to watch and creative and they also fit the story well. It might make you cry if you're a sissy. Of course, I didn't cry. Whatever. I don't know what else to write about so I'll leave it at 1.5 out of 2 thumbs up.

I would definitely recommend it. :bigok:

rockadilla 06-29-2010 12:16 AM

Toy story 3

I have seen toy story 3. twice
i thought the movie was hilarious...... buuuuuut, it basically had the exact story as the second one. the animated short "night and day" was a desaster IMO. I was really looking forward to it but it barely even held my attention when i saw it. The movie itself was good, i liked it a lot the first time i saw it (i cried at the end :ghey:) lol, but when i went the second time it was not anywhere near as funny or touching as the first time. worth seeing at least once though IMO.

i give it only one :thumbsup: because it wasnt a great movie, nowhere as good as the first one (but i didnt espect it to be) its good for a few laughs and (maybe) a cry and thats about it.

rockadilla 06-29-2010 12:32 AM

The big lebowski

made in 1998, a cult classic. (even has its own festival lol)
genre: it is probably listed as a comedy
one of my top 10 movies of all time. you have to see this movie at least once. it is a love it or hate it kinda film though. its filled with witty and not so witty humor. there are literally probably hundreds of one liners in this movie that are hilarious. it has a good plot, editing, soundtrack, and IMO amazing dialogue.

i give it :thumbsup::thumbsup: i dont really know what else to say. so yeah if u havent yet, go watch it!

rockadilla 06-29-2010 12:42 AM

grown ups

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: i must say i usually love Adam Sandlers movies and think hes hilarious, Chris Rock Kevin James, Rob Schneider, David Spade are also all pretty funny. but i went to see this movie last night and it sucks ASS, i left halfway through it was that bad. the jokes seemed..... forced, and not funny. Sample of actual dialogue: (wayward basketball knocks beer out of woman's hand) woman: hey! you spilled my beer! husband: why does everything have to be about you? woman: why do you have to be such a DICK? hahahahaha! funny right? well yeah that was basically the whole movie that i saw :dumbass:

rockadilla 06-29-2010 12:50 AM

Get him to the greek

lol almost forgot about this one.
went to go see it with amazingly low expectations, i hate basically all the actors in that movie lol. buuuut that movie suprised me because it was actually REALLY funny. whats funnier then someone singing that they have the clap? and nobodys scared of a jeffery? if your looking for some laughs i would recomend you go out and see it i give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for actually not being as horrible as it looked in the commercials and because i could actually stand jonah hills character in this movie :icon_lol:

HondaFreak 06-29-2010 06:10 AM

Gawdamn you watch a lot of movies.

SlowLS 06-29-2010 07:22 AM

Nine

This is a definete must see, its got an all-star cast and not to mention a goreous cast; The story line may get boring and confusing at times but its still a very entertaining movie, nothing like beautiful women singing and dancing around in sexy lingerie i give this up:thumbsup::thumbsup: if you like musicals you'll like this. If you were are to watch Sweeny Todd and not be drawn away from all of the singing, then this is your flick. I'm actaully gonna watch it again so i can try and catch on to things i may have missed..........and to watch the Penelope Cruz and Fergie sing/dance scene again. Nothing like watch Penelope Cruz dance around half naked, lol

alx 06-29-2010 10:27 AM

g2integy 06-29-2010 12:15 PM

Man I have watched Primer on the IFC and on Sci Fi. Very good movie , hard to follow at some points , but very good movie!

g2integy 06-29-2010 12:16 PM

Same with Funny People the jokes just werent that great !

g2integy 06-29-2010 12:19 PM

Just wanted to throw this out Cult Classic movie that you may have never heard about or seen. Please add if you can remember !

Vanishing Point
Sling Blade
Dirty Marry Crazy Larry
Warriors
Harold and Maud (must watch has a Jaguar Hearse and the suicide scene are great)
Phantasm (also has some killer cars)
Maximum Overdrive
Heavy Metal
Evildead 2 (if you havent scene this then you live under a rock)
Garbage Pale Kids
Hellraiser
Flight of the Navigator