AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   RSX + EP3 (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Rsx type s (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185522)

b18c6 01-25-2013 03:18 AM

Rsx type s

Hey guys i wanted your input im currently in 99 integra and im wanting to buy a rsx type s here in he next few weeks i never drove one but i knw there nice cars is there any common problems with them and do they have a lil more room than the integra

Acurazor 01-25-2013 04:03 AM

They do have a bit more room, they are a bigger car than the dc4 chassis. I went from a 95 gsr 2dr to an 05 type s back in 07. Don't get me wrong I loved my dc5 the k20 is amazing and it takes to mods so well! And the looks and stylin of the car are just amazing, it was pearl white and such a beautiful car........but I always missed my black dc2. I think the dc2 is a much funner car to drive, smaller and alot more nimble. I can't explain it but it just feels more RAW, and not so numb lik the dc5. A decent set of wheels and tires and real suspension really helps the feel of the Rsx, but it never really feels as good or as responsive as the dc2. But the dc5 is a much more comfortable car, and quieter inside. So it's just what you want.

I've since traded in my dc5 for an f150 ecoboost and am building a k24/k20 in a 98 dc2 chassis. Now ill have the best parts from a dc2 (suspension and weight) and the best of a dc5(k series torque!). Good luck man, tough choice both chassis are awesome

b18c6 01-25-2013 05:07 AM

Thanks man i have had my dc2 for 5 years now thers a part of me that wants to keep it but theres a bigger part thats saying time for something newer you know wat i mean

Fix.it.again.Tony 01-25-2013 07:49 AM

Keep your Integra for fun,

Get the RSX, do some light bolton mods and wheels/suspension, the car will look and feel great, plus these cars easily hit 200k miles without issues.

I have had mine for 3 years and enjoyed it immensely.

b18c6 01-26-2013 08:32 AM

Ok thanks you man i was thinking of keeping it and just have the rsx as my dd

Fix.it.again.Tony 01-26-2013 08:45 AM

It's not a bad idea. They hold value well

Jermo537 01-26-2013 10:25 PM

my heart is with 98-01 integras but after getting an RSX i will never buy an integra again...fuckin love everything about my RSX, way roomier inside too

Acurazor 01-27-2013 12:13 AM

They are roomier but the integra just feels more like a Honda! Handles soooo much better. Not so heavy and sloppy of you know what I mean. Once I had my Rsx it started to become my project car and I was on the path to boosting it, I then thought to myself, why put so much money and power into such a heavy, McPherson packing car? So I picked up my 98 rs for my project, parted out the dc5 and pretty much bought everything needed for a kswap in my 98. Once my dc5 was back to stock I traded it in on a new f150 ecoboost which is now my daily. And now ill have a near 300hp N/A K24 integra beast for the track. And this car will perform better than the dc5 ever could. McPherson just can't touch double wishbone plain and simple. Now don't get all mad I'm not hating on the dc5 I absolutely loved the car. But I was wanting to build a "track" car, and the dc4 will out perform the dc5 any day of the week.

Now if it were a car for a daily I'd pick the dc5 any day of the week. A dc5 (k20z1) with a CAI, 70mm TB, RBC ported to 70mm, race header, 3" cat-back, kpro, wheel&tires, and suspension = funniest daily I've ever owned. Decently fast, killed a few boosted d series, murdered bolt on gsr's left and right, yet still had ac/ps, it was comfortable and kinda quite inside. If I had to build another daily Honda it would be that again hands down.....or maybe an 06 si sedan. So I guess what I'm trying to say is..

Track purpose race car= DC2

Quick comfy daily (and sexy as FU**!) = DC5

P.S. what is your 99 integra like? Trim? I might be interested actually

haggardass30 01-29-2013 12:56 PM

I love my RSX but I wish it did not weigh so much, but if you are wanting more of a track car how come you didnt swap a k series in an EG hatch? that would most likely be faster than a kswapped DC2. Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldnt it be the same amount of work as well as doing an EG? since bseries interchangable in those 2 cars.

Jermo537 01-29-2013 05:48 PM

you think an integra handles better than an RSX Acurazor?!? i think ur crazy! ive had both and i think my RSX handles a BILLION times better than any integra, even with beefed up suspension. driving an integra after my RSX made me realize how clunky and cheaply made they are, i was actually scared to be driving in it...absolutely everything about the rsx blows integras out of the water

well except if you want a racecar, then these are def not the way to go so i agree with that

2000 01-30-2013 11:36 AM

funny how no one mentioned the 2nd/3rd gear grinds, my 04 type S would grind and sometimes the gear would pop out under heavy acceleration. very embarrassing when at the track and it grinds super loud makes you seem like a newb lol

Fix.it.again.Tony 01-30-2013 11:51 AM

Acura put out a TSB and the dealership would fix the problem. You missed the bus on that one. Lol

b18c6 01-31-2013 12:32 PM

Wow was that a known problem?

Honda4Life. 01-31-2013 12:46 PM

A TSB is generally only done for free if the car is under the 3/36 new car warranty, if you had an extended service contract,(in that case you would have had to pay the deductible if you had on), or if they did an extension for "X" number of years or certain mileage.

You may be able to contact Acura of North America warranty line and see if they would help you out and "good will" some or all of the job.

haggardass30 02-01-2013 08:52 AM

What if you bought the car used would it still be acura cover it still? Cuz my 3rd gear pop out is annoying the crap out of me