AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   b16 head supertech valve train and skunk 2 pro 1 cams with 9.1 cr has anyone r an this setup before? (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198241)

skaterskash 07-08-2014 05:05 AM

b16 head supertech valve train and skunk 2 pro 1 cams with 9.1 cr has anyone r an this setup before?

Im looking to see if anyone has ran a similar build and what there piston to valve crearancea might have been lmk plz and thx

king06 07-14-2014 02:51 PM

Kind of in the same boat. I'm just going to have to clay the motor once I put the bottom end together.

2poor2tune 07-22-2014 07:04 PM

You should be fine. These cams are used a lot with big boost turbo builds. What you need to do is have the motor degreed correctly so you are gaining as much power as possible and the cams are working together properly.

I have a friend running pro 1 cams with Ctr pistons and it isn't even degreed. (Don't run them without degreeing them) I'm just letting you know they are not as extreme as you might think.

I will have pro 1 cams in my Gsr that's somewhere in the 9:1-9.5:1 area. Hoping the make the same 650hp but sooner with the new cams.

AZ_CIVIC 07-22-2014 08:25 PM

I run Pro 1's in my car, it is highly recommended to run skunk 2 LMA's and degreeing
the cams are very important.

king06 07-23-2014 01:48 AM

I plan to have TSR degree them, I don't have a fixture and It's too expensive to buy for something I do NEVER. Those skunk2 LMA's are actually cheap, but the head that I have ran Pro3's and has newer ITR LMA's with no problems.

BDD 07-23-2014 09:20 AM

I wouldn't pay someone to degree the cams if you don't have the means too. What's more important is finding your v2v, and p2v clearance so you know where you can adjust the cams safely. You will find that the cams will make more power adjusting them even after degreeing.

AZ_CIVIC 07-23-2014 09:58 AM

Just thought I would share this information before people start thinking you don't need to degree these cams. Right off of the Skunk2 Website.. Also some posts from Honda Tech.

C.R.A.Y. 07-23-2014 10:21 AM

From my understanding depends on which version. The v3 ones on paper are supposed to do OK at 0,0 on the gears.

king06 07-23-2014 02:14 PM

No need for sarcasm, AZ civic likes to do things the right way. There's always a cheap way or cutting corners. In this case, mine will definatly get degreed since I have nothing to measure p2v or v2v. Ill pay for a little comfort.

AZ_CIVIC 07-23-2014 02:37 PM

Exactly, I don't care how people want to do their setups honestly. Cotton Sheets isn't even running Pro 1's, from his sig he's running tuner cams.

I am posting exactly what is on Skunk2's website, Click on FAQ's in big words it says "Do I need to Degree My Pro 1's Cams" Skunk2 says "Yes" P2V and V2V are very important as well but damn when Skunk2 says you need to degree their cams and even run their LMA's why try and skip it or suggest something else? This was also suggested to me by Aaron at TSR which is what we did on my car.

I just don't understand why people are so freaking cheap. No wonder most peoples shit break on this site. This makes me feel so bad for tuners who have to deal with these piles day in and day out.

Of course though, once these cars make their way to the dyno and pop it will be the tuners fault.

BDD 07-23-2014 06:29 PM

Its not about bickering, it about true knowledge. But whatever erase my post that prove my points. Glad you all like to homo eachother

theAngryMarmot 07-23-2014 06:48 PM

I know nothing of anyone I'm this thread. No homo. Deleting you posts proves nothing other than I deleted them. If you want to argue we have a forum for that. Sorry, but you aren't important enough to anyone here to take things so personally on the interwebz or give a crap about whatever point you are trying to improperly make.

Happy Postings!

BDD 07-23-2014 07:28 PM

Lol, says the guy who doesn't have a clue of what being talked about.. Last time I checked this was a tech fourm section, not a who is important enough to post thread. I guess I havn't spent enough money with the locals to become important. Oh wait thats because I build and tune my own shit. Most of the people that know me and my "importance" choose not to come on this lame ass site for this very reason.

theAngryMarmot 07-23-2014 07:57 PM

Actually I know quite a bit about what is being discussed here. Before making assumptions you may want to know who you are talking about.

You are correct, this is the tech forum.

Not the "Present my opinions on a subject like a petulant child" forum.

Hate to break it to you, but many people here build and tune their own cars. Like myself. You know what they say about assumptions right?

The only person discussing something over their head is you, and the apparently the subject you can't grasp is "class" and how to apply it to what you post.

Being cocky only makes you a dick.

So if you want to continue on the subject this thread is on, present your opinions maturely. Put on the big boy pants, and act like an adult - if not you can choose not to frequent this "lame ass site" and find somewhere else to act like an asshat.

nelsmar 07-23-2014 08:23 PM

The real question is does Catherine (pictured above) know how to degree cams?

But seriously Justin maybe you should do some reading as you suggested to someone else about Paul before running your mouth.

C.R.A.Y. 07-23-2014 08:24 PM

Depends on how loosely you use the term degree... And if cam is slang for another oblong object.

BDD 07-23-2014 09:23 PM

Bahahaha... you guys really are losers....

C.R.A.Y. 07-23-2014 09:31 PM

My mom taught me not to say hurtful things like that

BDD 07-23-2014 09:33 PM

You have the info your just too good to spread then knowledge, hmmmm.... sure buddy.

theAngryMarmot 07-23-2014 09:38 PM

Once again - keep making assumptions, it only illustrates my point.

The question asked by the OP had already been answered sufficiently. The only reason I came into this thread was to delete your posts.

BDD 07-23-2014 09:39 PM

C.R.A.Y. 07-23-2014 09:42 PM

I get jiggy wit it

BDD 07-23-2014 09:45 PM

No true at all. Degreeing a cam doesn't mean you not going to run into v2v issues. V2V is much more important then degreeing cams. Many people have run into v2v clearence issues when degreed in properly, and have to adjust accordingly.

theAngryMarmot 07-23-2014 09:48 PM

Looks like question was answered to me.

BDD 07-23-2014 09:56 PM

IDK, Marin. Maybe you should ask her. Looks like your type, lol.

I have never seen paul post one informative post, ever. So to me he is not "important".

BDD 07-23-2014 10:00 PM

Perfect!

theAngryMarmot 07-23-2014 10:06 PM

You don't know of all my exploits. It is OK though, I work in quiet, mysterious ways. I chose not to advertise my efforts as I don't need such things to make me feel accomplished or cool.

See, I told you - Question was answered. Glad I could help you see that, and show you that a proper response is better than immature bickering over the importance of two procedures that should always be done when dealing with camshafts.

IF you want to continue this little fun filled adventure, please make a thread in the Thunderdome. Since the question was answered - everything else is just hilarity.

Best part of being an Admin? Always getting the last word.

cbaracing 07-24-2014 10:05 AM

sheep balls