AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech Forum (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Level 3 AZ MVD Inspection (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73342)

Importfan2 08-25-2008 10:36 AM

Level 3 AZ MVD Inspection

So I have to take my salaved title car and have this done.. Has anyone ever had this done and know what this inspection consist of?

4DPANDA 08-25-2008 11:32 AM

yup you just pay a 50 dollar fee, pop your hood and they just check it out. If you pass, you need to pay new registration and your done

skar1 08-25-2008 11:39 AM

thats what happened when i took my car

Importfan2 08-25-2008 11:56 AM

yea but a level 3 is more in depth.. what do they test for...

like i pulled my oem seatbelts and install 4point harness.. are they going to fail me for that...

all my lights and horn and all that stuff will work when i go there

just how in depth do they go.. All my stuff I paid for so i dont want ppl to think im tryin to go there with shady shit.. as many ppl will vouch for me..

SexyHatchie 08-25-2008 12:44 PM

You must of had a lazy mothereffer inspect your shit because that is not what a level 3 inspection consists of. They check everything!

They take it and check all vins, dash, door panel, and motor! You have to have working seat belts, all tail and headlights, no broken windows or tail/headlights. You're horn must work. And if you have a airbag in your car it MUST be hooked up to work.

Hope that helps. I been thru it. lol.

Mr.Burner 08-25-2008 12:56 PM

Ive been through it aswell.

They look for seven vin numbers....

inspect to make sure all lights are in working condition.

make sure your motor and trans are legit!!

I was in and out in 15mins....

There checking to make sure its DOT safe, so make sure it is safe..

Medina 08-25-2008 01:31 PM

WRONG!!! My 2005 Crapalier has the air bag light on and it passed

but the rest is correct

Mr.Burner 08-25-2008 02:01 PM

Doesnt mean she's wrong, they just didnt catch it with yours........

I had a turbo kit and they did catch it!! lol

jakellama123 08-25-2008 02:27 PM

they took like 5 min on mine
made sure it ran fine and idled then checked my lights basically

SexyHatchie 08-25-2008 02:50 PM

Bullshit I'm wrong. I failed the first try only because of that reason.

Exactly.

Importfan2 08-25-2008 03:26 PM

so its a dc with the CA air bag tray... and going to get a quick release setup so would i fail for that.....

so the vin on the motor and tranny dont match but i just had someone check my block...

anybody got a carfax so i can run my tranny vin? =).....my doors,trunk and vins that are on the frame are still there is that good enough?

*inFamous* 08-25-2008 05:01 PM

Stage 3 is a bitch, my skyline had to go through this. OMG was it long.

all VIN's are checked and verified, all DOT safety equipment is verified,

Start there!

EM1CLONE 08-25-2008 05:07 PM

X2 on that I was there for at least 2 hours. My car was a theft recovery and had the motor replaced from another that was a theft recovery, they had to track down all the info on the car that the motor came out of to make sure it was still in the car when it was found. It can take quite a while for them to finish, and they will check everything on your car to make sure it is all up to spec.

Importfan2 08-25-2008 05:44 PM

8) What proof of ownership is required for a salvage vehicle inspection?
In addition to the title, you must show receipts, invoices, bills of sale or other ownership documents for component parts used in the vehicle repair process.

i have reciepts for stuff that i bought from honda for the motor rebuild....

but like my motor i traded a turbo kit for that.. how the hell do i show them that.. when the guy moved to ca also....but its legit.. but they still want reciepts also?

jakellama123 08-25-2008 05:46 PM

dang what the hell
i didnt even have my title and it took a maximum of 15 minutes

Mr.Burner 08-25-2008 06:02 PM

i was in and out in 15min............im a sure thing.

EM1CLONE 08-25-2008 07:07 PM

When I bought mine it was a salvage title and thats all I had, I took it to the dmv with only the title in hand, they tracked down all the mismatched serial numbers and I was on my way 2 hours later with a Rest/Salvg title.

Importfan2 08-26-2008 10:25 AM

aight then i guess i just gotta take it down there

brzln 09-07-2008 02:52 PM

They check vin#'s and run it in their database for the reason vehicle was deemed salvaged so they can determine extend and focus of their inspection,federal sticker, no cracked windshield, horn, seatbelt, all turn signals n brake lites, unibody has no unsafe mods, (like shitty welds, or cars cut in half) air bag is nottttt an issue!! Its srs meaning 'supplemental restraint system" its not a law to have airbags on your car and some ppl want them off anyways. Ive seen cars with tapped up airbags pass both in tucson and casa grande. It could take 15 mins or upto 1 hour depending on the facility (because some of the have no lift so they are limited to what the can do) and huge on your inspector... It helps if you have receipts for the repairs to bring in, but its not necessary. Dont 4get title, a valid 3day permit drivers liscence, and 50 bux.. That is pretty much it

Paper Boy 09-07-2008 03:00 PM

well put sounds like u got alot of experience.

p-townHONDA 09-07-2008 03:23 PM

just had this done on friday and passed easilly so now i got a restored title soon to be a clean title

p-townHONDA 09-07-2008 03:25 PM

my integra doesnt have a horn and i passed

brzln 09-07-2008 04:03 PM

you kno this ernie... i had a nightmare of a time doing one on a rhd s13 with a jdm motor (lacking vin#s on dash, motor, panels a nightmaree).. so had to do my hw or my shit wuda been crushed.. (receipts saved my ass) i was pulling in da vinci the other day wen a saab n benz were pullin out of ur 2nd driveway (was that u?)

ph8ed4life 09-07-2008 06:42 PM

x2, this is the troof. He has done it many many times.

Paper Boy 09-07-2008 07:12 PM

Ouch thats rough. I took a salvaged ek a while back and didnt have problems. vins checked out and the body work was inspected. (salvaged due to front end damage)
yeah got that dd saab! :rflmao: i really like it though its pretty comfy. saw your truck in the craigs.. super clean!

brzln 09-07-2008 07:16 PM

i sold it to my cousin... long storyyyy.. pm me your number i got this DA i want u to come check out..

ph8ed4life 09-07-2008 07:57 PM

Not to thread jack, but is it possible to get a car inspected and cleared that has a dismantle title?

vtakdis 09-07-2008 08:17 PM

i had a ? @ the level 3 my car was rear ended and had a salvage titile i have all the lights working glass intact all bumpers are on saftery equipment is there and functional. But the spare tire well was damaged in the crash and hasnt (and wont be) repaired... Everything else is great trunk open and closes fine etc etc its just a little smashed in the spare tire well

brzln 09-07-2008 09:40 PM

make sure u got a rear reinforcement bar installed (like factory) and as long as unibody wasnt welded unsafe u will be fine! honestly they prolly wont even lift the spare cover to see the damage. no worries your golden! gl

Hopeless EP3 09-08-2008 12:55 PM

Funny thing was my car is a restore rebuilt savlage title fully stirpped except for dash and 2 front seats with harness took it to the mvd on mesa dr and us. 60 he failed me because my back windows were plexy glass and my cf hood was light so it could fly off at any time I think that black guy was friggin racist because I am asian and I pull up in a crx with a muffler.... I took it to the MVD on greenfield and baseline passed in less than a min....