AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Animal Paks/Multi's (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=188245)

j-dizzle 04-04-2013 04:13 PM

Animal Paks/Multi's

What's up guys I have been wondering lately about multi's. The main reasoning behind this is I get questioned by all my friends about my multi which is animal paks. I have used these for a few years and love them to death. But my question is what are your thoughts on multi's? I know a lot of people that say they are a waste personally I believe multi's are a foundation to anything you want to do.

SiR Mikey 04-04-2013 04:55 PM

Meh, I think you're paying for advertising more than anything else. A multivitamin is a multivitamin, some are just better quality. I remember reading a multi-v comparison a couple years back and some of the bigger name companies were using saw dust/sand as a filler. Idk if that's true or not, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me

1badLst 04-05-2013 08:48 AM

Stick to the basics. I saw no difference between animal pak products and regular off the shelf vitamins that I know I need to take.

bmxican 04-05-2013 08:50 AM

This is the only gimmick I kinda fall for to be honest. I purchase the animal paks and have one of the packets a day. That truly is the only thing I continue to purchase that has a big brand behind it per say.

j-dizzle 04-05-2013 10:32 AM

I don't pay much more than an average one a day. And I pay a whole lot less the other types of multi paks. Animal paks is more of a training pak to me. Its like a multi with a bunch of good shit added to it.

Btw guys read the question. Its not asking if animal paks are good. Its asking for your thoughts on multis. some lifters on bb.com feel multis are a waste of time. Others on other forms feel they are a staple.

Personally I really don't care what you think about the products. Animal pak works for me and you know what they say if it ain't broken don't fix it.

Spec C 04-05-2013 10:55 AM

I personally don't feel like a multivitamin is needed however I think supplementing with vitamin d is beneficial. Almost everyone is low on vitamin d even despite sun exposure. Plus it's super cheap.

My problem with most multivitamins is they contain cheap/ineffective forms of vitamins, inefficacious dosages, contaminated raw materials etc.

If I were to use/recommend a multivitamin it would be AOR Orthocore. It uses optimal forms, correct ddosages, stringent testing. It's not cheap though.

j-dizzle 04-05-2013 11:03 AM

I have heard good stuff about AOR. Just haven't really looked into how many pills I should take a day. I know it's like up to 6 or 8 a day.

bmxican 04-05-2013 11:03 AM

well lets see this un broken physique you speak of??

Spec C 04-05-2013 11:07 AM

Around that. Tbh I'd rather half dose Orthocore than full dose of an inferior multivitamin.

I think 2-6k+ of vitamin d3 a day is all most people need though.

Jmo of course.

SiR Mikey 04-05-2013 11:35 AM

To answer ops question then, I haven't taken a multivitamin in 4 years aside from an occasional gummy vitamin when offered. That's only because i love the fuck out of gummy candy though. Take if for what its worth

1badLst 04-05-2013 11:40 AM

I agree. I pretty much only take Vitamin D, vitamin C, fish oil, milk thistle and maybe 1 or 2 others. That's my version of a multi vitamin.

The whole "multi-vitamin" things I feel is a gimmick

bb4arson 05-16-2013 07:07 PM

i take a basic multi ,and joint support pills . i just ran out of fish oils though :(