AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Honda/Acura NOOB EVENT: June 11th/12th - 2 TRACKS!!! (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148872)

SlowCivicHmm 05-05-2011 03:23 AM

Honda/Acura NOOB EVENT: June 11th/12th - 2 TRACKS!!!

So here is my attempt to get more Honda's on track and put them to USE, but mainly an attempt to show all that YOUR car is ready to drive on track as is..........(unless it's a total junker or in 1 million pieces aka jack stand queen)

The SCCA guys posted up an event in March and I think we had like 16-18 Hondas out there including myself....

ProAuto & NASA have the regular Honda street and race guys that cross back n forth..........

SO......any NEW BLOOD ON TAP???

Do you have a car that can stop at any red light? That don't leak or smoke? Do you drive it daily?? Do you trust it with your life as you drive it like a mad man on city streets? Trust it with your kid's life?, friend's lives, mom, wife, gf etc etc.....THEN YOU CAN DRIVE IT ON TRACK!!!!!!!

You don't need a race car since you aren't in race group!!! STREET CAR!!! Meaning rental from Hertz, rent a friend's car.....

No need for race parts/special tires/special brakes...or any upgrades!!!!!!! Just a driver and a safe car........add an instructor and that's the BEST mod over!!! SEAT TIME!!!

With that being said......

Who:
ProAutoSports is hosting a 2 Day Event on 2 AZ tracks....1 Registration Fee........and LOTS OF DRIVING!!!

What
I am looking for minimum of 5 Honda/Acura Drivers interested in learning what a track experience/day is all about with no excuses or BS. The event is over 1 month away so you can ask for the time off, and I'm sure you can get that 1 last "major" mod in before the event with 1 month to go.

If I can get 5 committed drivers to "pre-register" using any major credit card just to hold your spot, each driver will receive 20% off the total cost of a 2 day event with instructor and classroom instruction. (You can pay cash day of event if needed, only need credit card info to hold your position for the group rate discount)

Prices have not been set for this event, so stay tuned for the total cost out the door.

Note: Usually a 1 Day event with 4 - 20min sessions on track with instructor/plus 4 class room sessions and your 1 yr membership is $190 (add a 2nd day for only $110 on your own/no instructor/no class room) Total is $300 out the door for a regular 2 day event....after your 1st event (1 or 2 days it don't matter as long as you have your membership already) it gets cheaper since you don't need the instructor nor the membership.......but an instructor is always available if you need/want one as your membership covers that.

Since we are running on 2 tracks on the same weekend registration prices for this special event have not been set yet.

When:
-Saturday June 11th @ FIR West
-Sunday June 12th @ Bondo School Course

Where
Firebird International Raceway & The Bob Bondurant School of Driving

How
$160 BUCKS!!!! This includes 1 yr membership, instructor for the weekend......need 5 drivers to register for this discounted price!!!

Email to pre-register and receive further instructions to pay and complete the registration process....

BuiltByNotorious will be co hosting this event with ProAutoSports.....

1 FREE BBN T-Shiirt for each of the 5 registered honda drivers

Most improved driver/top student of the weekend will get a gift certificate for $75 off parts or $100 off labor @ BuiltByNotorious!!!!!!!!!

Discuss......

SlowCivicHmm 05-05-2011 03:39 AM

Of course this is set for people that have never been on track.......but the new member orientation aka "the school" is required for all new members.....

so even if you run with other organizations you are welcomed to join in on this offer!!!! COME ONE COME ALL!!!!

I'm excited to run the Bondo Course in my SOHC hatch...........so I just wanted to share the experience with anyone interested...

NOTE: Bondo School Course has markings on the track for teaching!!!!! easy way to learn an apex the "race" line.....then west is a honda course!! small and complex for us FWD guys...........

PERFECT EVENT TO START OUT!!! :-D

SlowCivicHmm 05-05-2011 03:45 AM

Think of it as Go Karting in your own car.....price diff is NOT that much....

BRIZZLE 05-05-2011 05:08 AM

omg!!

SlowCivicHmm 05-05-2011 05:38 AM

^^ got your PM.......I'll post all info here......I'm just the messenger......

ProAuto has an event @ Inde end of May, soon after we'll know about THIS event......I just want to give people enough notice...

I've gotten 2 people already committed and met with me last event......now you!! so c'mon honda guys....lets REP!!!

SlowCivicHmm 05-05-2011 08:17 PM

I got 3 more guys hitting me up!! NOT from AZHT...

c'mon AZHT step up.......over 2/3's of the cars here can be tracked SAFELY and the owner actually gets to put her to use.....

AZHT has no game.......only the few that actually SHOW and DRAG....you know who you are....haha

*inFamous* 05-06-2011 12:45 AM

can a n00b like me come? jkjk :O

SlowCivicHmm 05-06-2011 10:07 AM

Of course!!! Come join us....

SlowCivicHmm 05-06-2011 10:08 AM

Ravi reading owns u!!! 1st sentence

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 10:01 AM

ALL INFO ON EVENTS AND ORGANIZATION RULES & INFO HERE:

everyone here belongs in the street group or new member orientation program......FYI!!!

I will not RESPOND TO PM's......FYI!!

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 10:26 AM

Fuck I would love this...but wont be done with my hatch for awhile....will am opportunity like this come again???

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 11:34 AM

^^^ what you mean for a while??? does it run?? or is it a jackstand queen??

My buddy ran his moms ford focuz @ a TIME ATTACK cuz his teg broke the week of........I've seen a rental bug take the school just to get that out of the way...

I've taken a race car out in street group and had students walking me!!! lol

The car don't matter....just drive it out there.......vettes act like babies out there their first day.....porsches, bmw's.....anything with MONEY goes 50% out there....so our hondas can do 60% and still have 110% FUN!!!!

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 11:35 AM

and yes....I can hopefully keep this going but it has to be 5 drivers that commit to it via CC, and I'll keep posting on here.......

June is the last event for the first 1/2 of the season......2nd 1/2 of season starts in Sept @ Inde......

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 11:44 AM

Its a jackstand queen right now and my daily is a cherokee unless u think they'll let me ride that....but I would love to go to the events but just right now I'm at a stand still....ill see wat I can do...and I've got a couple of homies that would love to join...keep me posted please

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 12:43 PM

this section of the forum always gets updated with track info......hit it up and tell your homies to hit it up..

ProAutoSports or NASA.....we all in it for the same...love of the motorsport......

FYI: we had a Titan take the course last month...and the month before a Tacoma.....

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 04:48 PM

Coo bro ill keep an eye on this section and hope to go....shit if a fu!#ing titan can make it I'm pretty sure my cherokee can

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 05:37 PM

your 1st or 2nd event is mostly learning the rules of the track...what the flags mean and learning to share the track and awknowledge other drivers on track at all times......you'll pick up some of the line and learn the track/apexes..

by your 3rd event you'll be learning to go fast and start the main process....but since day 1 you'll have FUN!!

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 05:45 PM

I was gonna go to one in california wit a friend but don't remember wat its called it was for 2 days and it was around 2 hundred dollars just for track time and also other fees included...thought it was pricey ass hell

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 05:58 PM

$200 for a Cali "big" track...that's cheap!!!!

I've only gone to NM for an ASR event...those are cheap for entry, but cost of going/lodging/gas...YUP! :-)

ALL WORTH IT!!!! It's only for the committed!!

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 05:59 PM

watch this..

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 06:01 PM

even sponsored its pricey...........you get free support and that's all that matters.........parts/tires/gas all out of pocket!!

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 06:39 PM

Yeah I love that video I've got it downloaded to my phone always watch that shit....but how would u go bout sponsorship? Would it just be bassed on ur skills and if u got talent on the track?
How long uve been doint auto?

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 06:43 PM

just depends who you know I guess.......or what accounts you establish at places...lol

I've been driving since 03.....on/ff......not really sponsored, but well supported....I still spend like 80% of it.....

But...

"If I could spend all the money I've spent on racing all over again...I'd spend it on racing"

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 06:51 PM

Sponsorship would be fucking perfect since I'm on a tight leash as far as funds go...cus if/when I go I want to be ready and well prepared....u know even tho I have no idea wat imma be doing....wats the one things u reconmend as far as modding ur hatch goes??? I'm working on a eg hatch dx model

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 07:12 PM

just seat time brotha....that's all you need........

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 07:18 PM

I've been taught, find the limit of what yo have...then upgrade within reason........find the limit....upgrade again....or upgrade to counter something you don't like the behavior of the car....

But never miss an event cuz its not ready, unless it costs you money!!! like bad alignment and kill your new tires...hahahaha or smoking and kill your motor........

anything else goes!!!

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 08:31 PM

might add a lotus to the mix... :-)

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 11:04 PM

That's some fucking deep shit

rhdtreehugger 05-07-2011 11:06 PM

There's a lotus in yuma its a lime green one fucking sick beautiful ride cost the homie 30,000.......shit rips and the power to weight ratio is fucking crazy

SlowCivicHmm 05-07-2011 11:56 PM

a buddy I went to ASR with wants in for the June event...he owns an orange one....awesome car!!!.....so I'll include him in the 5....so only 4 needed....

and yeah that ain't deep, its dedication or whore status.....my SOHC took 11 - 20min sessions last event....and will be be co driven at least 15 sessions next event @ Inde between 2 of us....BYOT....T = tires....lol