AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   UMS Tuning (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Inexpensive GPS logger (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162246)

UMS Tuning Sales 12-18-2011 12:11 PM

Inexpensive GPS logger

I recently had a chance to try out a new product from Qstarz, their BT-Q1000ex. Small, simple and easy to use little logger to help make you faster! It uses a long life rechargeable battery that can be charged via usb while downloading data or cigarettle lighter plug. The unit samples and updates gps at 10hz, has a switch to log at 1hz for Hiking/running and is the easiest to use logger I have ever tried. Turn it on, put it on your dash with a little piece of velcro and drive! No need to enter coordinates, press anything to set start/finish, no slow laps to synchronize, just drive! the unit has a vibration sensor so if you forget to turn it off after your session it will go to sleep to save battery power and wake back up next time the car moves. At 10hz the battery lasts 24hrs, 42hrs at 1hz and the it will store 7-8hrs of data in its internal memory. You could charge it overnight and have enough battery life and data storage to run a full weekend!

The software is also easy to use once you download the data it ask to edit beacons and you can set start/finish and add any splits you want. It will give theoretical best laps, rolling best, friction circle graph, speed/distance/force/time even video integration! All of the critical details to help you work on your line and get faster!

Here is a link to their site, it's in engrish ;-p but it shows the unit and some details.

MSRP is $199

There is a new unit that just came out that I will be testing soo as well that has a color display and live lap data! MSRP on that unit will be $449.

I'm putting together a group buy at $160 for the q1000 and $385 for the q6000! pm me to get in on it !

Tony

locash 12-18-2011 04:45 PM

First Link is broken.

Any option for 100 or 200hz logging for faster applications, or a way to input sensor data via obd2 or can?

UMS Tuning Sales 12-18-2011 05:14 PM

It's not that kind of logger Joe. This is for logging accelerometer data and GPS position/speed. There are no additional inputs. Even motec's logger of this sort only does 20hz.

Link is fixed btw.

Tony

locash 12-18-2011 06:49 PM

Gotcha, does it have outputs then? Looks like it would be handy to have, especially if you could overlay TPS data and track mapping as well..

UMS Tuning Sales 12-18-2011 07:50 PM

It outputs a standard csv file with speed, date, time, latitude, longitude (including minutes)time, and g-forces. it has a pretty nice viewer that lets you edit start, finish, and add as many splits as you want.

locash 12-19-2011 12:14 AM

Sweet, looks like a cool toy to have.. Especially for the road racers (read: not street racers). I could definately see this helping to find the best line..

UMS Tuning Sales 12-20-2011 09:41 PM

Bump...i only need a couple more people to place the order!!