AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   ls in eg cold start up problems (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161730)

4dreg8 12-09-2011 12:58 AM

ls in eg cold start up problems

i have a b18b1/a1 in my eg, im running a pr4 obd1 ecu...every cold day or morning when i go start my car it takes like 7mins to start up..here what happens ill take a vid just incase since its hard to explain without bein there....i turn the key fuel kicks in everything seems like its cool to go then i crank and all it does is crank so i stop then i go for round 2, it cranks then starts spurtering and motor fires on then quickly dies less than a second, so i go for round 3, cranks, n cranks while attempting to turn on by faking a start up, so then i keep leaving it cranked n step on the accel a few times then it starts with a high idle then goes down below 1k fighting for its life to stay on 50% of the time it dies then i gotta start form round 3... i have no idea whats going on since my old k or b16 never went thru this until i threw this new ls set up only thing that stayed the same was ecu, n battery.... if any1 has gone thru this can you please help...i love my car but i rather ride my kawi ninja n get to work frozen than b putting up with this bs.... n no its not a cheap beaten ls either only know problem when i put all together was cylinder 3 had a bad ring

xracerx 12-11-2011 09:24 PM

I'd say check your timing marks. TDC on crank pulley and check cam gears. Jus a thought. Good luck.

Rzarectah 12-11-2011 10:12 PM

Maybe your head gasket isn't properly sealed and you're leaking vapor into your cylinders after you turn your car off, the cold weather will condense this and make it pretty tough to start. Try removing your radiator cap immediately after you park it for the night so you release the pressure in the cooling system before it can make its way to the cylinders. If in the morning it starts up no problem then you know your head isn't sealed all the way.

Sesso 12-11-2011 10:15 PM

my guess would be to start with checking fuel pressure. Just because the pump comes on doesnt mean its pushin fuel.

4dreg8 12-11-2011 10:27 PM

will try that ill let you kno if it works, good looking out
true that i did have some problems when it had a sohc in it, because the check engine will read "fuel supply system" or something like that and my car wouldnt rev past 4,500rpms, so i ditched the sohc and did the swap

4dreg8 12-11-2011 10:29 PM

if it is my timing im just gonna redo it and go lsv i got everything so this is my excuse to actually do it now n stop pushing it aside

Sesso 12-11-2011 10:33 PM

Pull the intake off and spray throttle body cleaner in the TB while trying to start it and see if it starts right up. Then you will know its a fuel issue.

Rzarectah 12-12-2011 10:49 AM

So you switched engines and it has the same issue?

LSVkid 12-12-2011 11:02 AM

i would say fuel pressure... cause i have the same problem but mines start up except after a while of driving it revs below 1k and fights to stay on but it never dies out

Sesso 12-12-2011 12:00 PM

Could also be a faulty fuel pressure regulator.

4dreg8 12-13-2011 11:37 PM

the sohc would start up no problem, but wouldnt rev past 4,500 then i did the swap and it would redline and everything but once the cold came it started giving me this start up problem... oh and im also running SOHC FUEL INJECTORS since all u gotta do is change the rubber bushing and they fit right in n plug n play, you think that might have something to do with it

ill try that throttle body one, and mine does the same after a while it revs below 1k or when i turn the ac on...dang never had this problem with the Kseries in it, im thinking bout just picking up another 4door and swaping all my parts into that

4dreg8 12-13-2011 11:41 PM

hmmmm.. probably ill try my bros on since he carpools in the morning and doest use his car til the afternoon... but ima check my fuel filter also...you think running SOHC on the LS might b an issue? all i did was chance the bushing so that they will fit in place... i also remember my fuel management unit going out once and had to replace it since it wasnt kicking my fuel pump in:smackself: