AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   H2 Honda Challenge Thanksgiving Enduro Battle Royale (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108481)

BlueTeg 09-24-2009 10:44 PM

H2 Honda Challenge Thanksgiving Enduro Battle Royale

topramn 09-25-2009 09:23 AM

This is a great idea. I will find a way to shoot a message out to a couple SoCal guys to beef up the competition a little bit. I talked with Andy Hope a couple weeks ago at Willow Springs and he said he should have no problem rounding up a couple guys to come out for one of our events.

PS, love the tag team belt. Dont they sell those imitations at Toys R Us? I think it would be fun to ahve a gag gift for the winner! You LoooseBoys should know a thing or two about gag gifts.

fmx_dbc 09-25-2009 09:39 AM

I'm looking forward to this and talked with Jeff the other night about it. After talking with Tony last night it sounds like he wants to run the enduro ironman style.

PhoenixR 09-25-2009 11:42 AM

i was thinking about soloing it until i heard about this little challenge!

i'm down for sure -- and i'll find a codriver!

Dead Bird 09-25-2009 02:47 PM

how much is comp school and where do i apply?
ill be tage's codriver if he's ok with it. like you said, make it interesting right?

or anybody that is ok with it? anybody?

BlueTeg 09-25-2009 03:13 PM

Sweet. Will the Thanksgiving event be your PT/HC debut weeked or are you popping your race cherry next weekend?

:thumbsup:

fmx_dbc 09-25-2009 03:15 PM

It may very well be my debut event in PT/HC. I wont be attending the next event. Going to Hawaii for a wedding.

BlueTeg 09-25-2009 03:18 PM

I do not think there will be a comp school between now and the Thanksgiving event. (NASA usually only has 1 or 2 per year). Before you do comp school you need to have at least completed DE2. Have you run a NASA track event before?

Tage doesn't have an H2 race car. He would have to borrow someone's HC race car.

Dead Bird 09-25-2009 03:45 PM

No Sir. Haven't even ever been to an event. Unfortunately. :(

Thought the way you said it above it seemed like he had a car he was able to borrow.
Guess I'm S.o.L? );

dantana 09-25-2009 03:55 PM

dead teggy has the right attitude!
JEFF needs to find a motor, or at least slap his together.
id like to see kent get out there, craig, merv, tony, justin, anyone else have comp school completed?
simon, daniel, phil, nolan?
:tits: night at skin for the winner:tits:

BlueTeg 09-25-2009 04:02 PM

No worries. If you are interesting in starting to compete you should get started now. It typically takes most people at the very least 10-12 months of consistently participating in HPDE events before they are ready to go for a comp license. In the mean time you can do Time Attack once you get group leader approval and of course dice it up with the rest of car in the HPDE program. If you've never been to a NASA event you should come out next weekend (first weekend in Oct) to see what they're all about. Alot of people never end up doing race group and are happy flogging their street cars on the race track.

He has a potential car to borrow, but that between him and the owner of that car. Alot of these cars cost $7-$10k to build so that person better just in your talent and judgement before they just throw the keys to their car to take wheel to wheel racing.

Dead Bird 09-25-2009 04:21 PM

There's one tiny little problem. no car.
Thanks for the info. If I'm off, maybe I'll convince Jason to take me cuz iI know he want(ed)s to go.

Haha but don't worry, i wouldn't mess up Mona

PhoenixR 09-25-2009 04:53 PM

i might have to hit up mervin about co-driving.
who else is available? if it comes down to it, i can always have the pops co-drive -- old dude still has some speed. haha.

tony

BlueTeg 09-25-2009 05:01 PM

Jeff, Merv, Justin, Zollo (I'm 80% sure he's been through comp school....IIRC I hijacked Dan's phone and sent mulitple gay text messages to Zollo while we were in the classroom session. Or maybe it was from Zollo's phone to Dan. either way I think he was there), Tage, Boles.

PhoenixR 09-25-2009 05:07 PM

i figured that boles/tage would probably pair up in jason's car.
is jeff's car close to running? if jeff enters his car with a teammate, i think that means everyone with a comp license has a seat -- which would be awesome.

the question is: can craig and kent codrive without killing each other during the course of the weekend? haha.

justin had mentioned that he was wanting to take a step back and focus on DE -- if that's the case, i have dibbs on him for crew. haha. plus i'm not sure if he would be down to race my car.

tony

PhoenixR 09-25-2009 05:14 PM

dantana 09-25-2009 08:00 PM

F*ck yea tony!
i call dibs on simon as crew cheif:whip:
nolan as bbq tech:-p
and phil as GM:kiss:

fmx_dbc 09-25-2009 08:27 PM

I need a crew! Ideas?

ILIKETODRIVE 09-25-2009 08:37 PM

Damn I wanna drive in this!!1 I know Phil would want to too.

Is there anywhere locally we could get squared away at?

Worst case, I'll crew for Dan.

burnrbr 09-25-2009 09:57 PM

Awwww shiet ... I might have to dust off the ol' racing suit for this! Count me in boys if there's a seat available! TheChez is ready to rock and roll!

Merv

fmx_dbc 09-25-2009 10:01 PM

If i'm thinking what you're thinking we're kinda in the same boat. I still need a physical for my comp license and besides that you just need all the personal safety stuff which I'm pretty are you have most of. Obviously you need a suit...
As far as the physical, Steve Marlow said that it's possible to go to an urgent care center and have them do the paperwork

Mervin, let's talk!

topramn 09-26-2009 02:45 PM

I THINK that there is a stipulation that says a Regional Director/Race Director can issue a provisional race license until the next comp school comes around for drivers capable of being racers. I would be getting in touch with Jeff Sussman, Tage, and Jeremy Renshaw about this if you are serious. This goes for old man Phil too. Both of you should be ready from a driver standpoint but I would say to help your cause, make sure you are not behind the wheel for the start. Leave that to someone who has completed the school. Also, you will have to make sure the rest of the Honda guys are comfortable with you, but I dont think that will be a problem.

cbaracing 09-26-2009 02:50 PM

Brian and I can probably crew :wave1:

dantana 09-26-2009 02:51 PM

newdy noodles is right, our very own KEEEEENTON was granted a race license on such terms
id like to see the rookies campaign a ride....

Vtecracer 09-26-2009 04:25 PM

well since i have not completed comp school i am down to crew for whomever....

hint hint... old man phil and his "provisional license" if we can convince him.

Still up for crewing.. Looseboys stick together.. and the rookies are looking to jump into the fire!

fmx_dbc 09-26-2009 06:56 PM

Justin said you guys were good solid people! I probably saw you at last years Thanksgiving enduro from what he told me.

EG6-DC2 09-26-2009 07:04 PM

If the" rookies" did campaign a ride, I wonder whose car would be used?

<---Too slow, so I will probably just crew....maybe one day I will be able to keep up with you guys :sucker:

dantana 09-26-2009 07:38 PM

:d3:nolan, heres a serious tip. IF you car finishes, your almost garunteed a podium finsh. this isnt a 2minute time attack, this is hell on your car for 3hrs and more than likely someone or somehting will fail. change your attitude and man on up!:d3:

topramn 09-26-2009 11:42 PM

well boys, get to it. you have about 8 weeks to prepare cars for this. start ordering now and worry about the CC bills later. see you out there.

EG6-DC2 09-27-2009 12:13 AM

I realize that...I was being sarcastic....I have a habit of putting myself down in order for me to work to get better.

We were all talking about this tonight over some food and some beers. We will see what might come of this.