AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Integra Overheating (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194083)

villarino1k 10-29-2013 06:15 PM

Integra Overheating

Hopefully this is the right section.

So I just changed my radiator thinking it would fix my overheating problems. Still overheats once I'm at a stop. When I'm on the freeway it seems fine. Fans seem to turn on when it should.

Looking for someone that can change out my head gasket, water pump and timing belt.

I'll supply the parts. I just need it done.

Shoot me a text at (909)576-five four seven one

LS-S DA9 10-29-2013 07:19 PM

You try the easiest cheapest fix? A thermostat.... Or if you wanna go your route ill do it for a lil $$ providing you get the head and block checked..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

S!K TEG 10-29-2013 07:22 PM

Also could be a clogged radiator.

Nachooooosupreme 10-29-2013 07:25 PM

contact built by notorious (bbn).

villarino1k 10-29-2013 08:40 PM

I haven't done the thermostat yet. I should have done that before posting this. You think with my symptoms that could be the problem?

I'll PM you.

villarino1k 10-29-2013 08:41 PM

Clogged radiator? Could this happen even after changing it to a brand new one?

mr.DUNK 10-29-2013 08:44 PM

Overheating while moving could be a few things

Fan turning on? Spinning the correct way
Water Pump leaking?

LS-S DA9 10-29-2013 08:45 PM

that too!

villarino1k 10-29-2013 08:50 PM

No. It actually overheats when I'm a stop. Once I start going and get give it some gas, the temp goes back down.

mr.DUNK 10-29-2013 08:52 PM

Exactly I know its over heating at a stop.
So the fans fine?

villarino1k 10-29-2013 08:55 PM

Yes, fans seem to work when it should. And spins the correct way

S!K TEG 10-29-2013 09:15 PM

Sorry, i misread the radiator part.

Thermostat would be my.next guess. Then head gasket.

villarino1k 10-29-2013 09:28 PM

l have a new thermostat on hand so I'll try to get that done first. I'll get back on here and see what else I can do. Hopefully that fixes it :/

Thanks for the help fellas.

nosfedb18 10-30-2013 05:17 AM

Grab a hold of your panties before you start tearing shit apart and spending $$$. Is the top hose hot with a cold bottom hose. If so, you likely forgot to bleed your cooling system after replacing the radiator. Did you simply remove/ replace the radiator? Try this first- remove your radiator cap, remove a little bit of fluid to avoid spill, grip/ squeeze/ pump your lower hose and see if air bubbles appear at the top of your radiator. If so, then continue to grip/squeeze/ pump the lower hose until you know longer have air bubbles in the cooling system. Top off your radiator fluid, replace cap. GL

villarino1k 10-30-2013 05:46 AM

One thing I didn't do was feel if the hoses were hot or cold. What I did do was...

-jacked up the front end
-turned the car on and filled the radiator
-put the heater on blast
-waited till the fan turned on and kept filling until it was full

During this time, it was bubbling out and I waited till it stopped and refilled it till it was full again. Once the bubbling stopped, I put on a new radiator cap, drove around for about 10-15 minutes and let my car sit idle for another 5-10 minutes. Looked at the temperature gauge and it started climbing to hot.

Did I do anything wrong? Did I miss any steps? Btw, the hoses are also brand new and I made sure they were clamped very tightly. No leaks from what I could tell.

villarino1k 11-09-2013 09:31 PM

just updating this. So what I did first was change my radiator since it wasnt holdin the pressure and steam was coming out from all over the place. Even after that, my car was still overheating. Decided to change the thermostat and it fixed the overheating issues completely. Also, while at it, I decided to change the ECT sensor and switch just so everything was new and I wouldnt have to worry about those for a good while. Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestions guys!