AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   The Super B to Be! (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174774)

Newbie2000ex 07-25-2012 01:30 AM

The Super B to Be!

picking up a bunch of parts this week and this is what im putting together. its gunna take a while so ill get a video up by next year of it running, but ill post pics of the engine build

ls block
gsr crank- knife edge and polished
gsr rods- shot peend and balanced assembley
weisco short skirt 12.7-13:1 cp forged pistons
type r oil and water pump
underdrive crank pulley
Arp head and rod bolts
3 layer steel headgasket,

b16a2 head

secret high velocity p&p
5 angle job
Brian Crower stage 3 n/a cams, titanium retainers, dual wound valve springs
Ferrera 1mm over intake and exhaust valves
AEM tru adj cam gears

jenvey 48mm ITBs- custom shaker airhorn hood... maybe i shouldnt have told you that yet... hahha!

e85

COP conversion (i will make this work for cheap!)

a semi itbi n2o kit engaged with vtec engagement

comp clutch alum flywheel and stage 3 clutch kit

si trans with ls 5th and lsd. (good mpg and road course trans set up!!!)

or a gsr trans with a closer gear ratio setup thats still sub 2800rpm on the freeway over 65mph...

and an aem v2 obd1 setup.

this is all i have so far because is is all im building. i refuse to settle on a chassis untill i get home so i dont have to worry about getting an entire build across the country... just and engine! hahah

but yea basicly, super compression, high velocity cfm, cammed out, itb howling, alt fuel running, 10.5k rpm revving good ol' b series!!

(HIGH TO MID 12'S IN A CRX?!?!? MAYBE??? pleeeease???? lol)

MIRANDA88 07-25-2012 01:52 AM

Goodluck with traction.

Colten79 07-25-2012 07:49 AM

Sounds like a really nice set up.. What bore you going for?

Newbie2000ex 07-25-2012 11:12 AM

i appretiate it colten, a lot of people seem to be digging this setup.

going to go .020 bored over to for a standard rebuild size. i dont like pushing the bore limits on these engines, and sleeves with custom sized pistons are NOT worth the extra 120 MAX cc's! if anything id like to use a DE-stroker crank but thereas lays the other problem that these engines; low torque, so im not gunna touch what honda got right, the bore x stroke ratio.... lol

and traction in this vehicle is not what im worried about....

the 1200Rwhp, e85, t88 on 25psi in my jdm stroker 2jzgte in a is300 im building.... yea that might break the tires loose a little easier... lol.

i need opinions on something though, LS rods and crank VS GSR rods and crank. the rods will be shotpeened regardless, and polished blah blah blah. but since im not going insane with nitrous or boost, my main concern will be reducing the rotating mass by as much as possible. i want to rev to the sky and back in under 1.5 seconds...
lol. i know thats pretty rediculess but the whole name of the game to me throttle responce. i want power and rpm, and i want it yesterday! lol so yea ive heard the ls rods are way beefier but the gsr crank is lighter. i need real answers... lol

DB8GS-R 07-25-2012 11:20 AM

Gsr rods are "beefier" going with the ls crank and rods would give you more torque because of the 89mm stroke over the 87 . Whatever it is

DB8GS-R 07-25-2012 11:24 AM

Also why not spend the money for a sleeved 84mm block. Bigger motor and probably a lot safer with your high comp e85 build

taggart_lumpy 07-25-2012 11:29 AM

no replacement for displacement

Newbie2000ex 07-25-2012 12:03 PM

its being considered... how would that make things safer though?? it has a smaller layer between walls and waterjackets... hmm larger piston, larger cp ratio... yea i do want to take full advantage of the 105 octane too... lol

OH its because the aftermarket sleeves are stronger than the oem honda sleeves. right on.

yea maybe getting some extra hp wouldnt be bad.

db8gsr! thank you! im glad somebody finally cleared that up, and thats good news because ive already got a set of ls rods! whoohoo!!

lol. thanks again everyone!

taggart_lumpy- yes there is! Technology! lol but i gotchu! lol

Koopa Troopa 07-25-2012 12:26 PM

Well the b20b was good enough for formula 4 useage so I imagine it'll be good enough for 3, 12 second passes a night.

1200whp on a t88 boosting 2 bar? I want to see this as I know dude's boosting 3.2 bar on stroker Rb26's and prolly aren't even breaking 1k whp..

Newbie2000ex 07-25-2012 12:45 PM

we only wanna have a couple crazy dyno runs to break it into the 12k realm. shit well be happy as it gets with 1k. but the alt fuel, spray medium compression, and we might go into the 3bar realm if need be.

we want a "stupid-street" map for about 800whp...
problem with that build dude... its an rb! lolol j.k. but really, with enough funds and hks parts, anythings possible!!!

(this isnt about our 2jzgte!! lol, im on clublexus. ill pm you the build once our crate motors get in from Japango!)

id rather have 50 14 sec. passes than 3 12 sec passes.... lol

DB8GS-R 07-25-2012 02:04 PM

On erlperformance.com they have sleeved blocks for 1500. I don't know how good they are but their site says their close deck blocks cool as well as an open deck. Personally I'd go with a gsr block over the ls as well...no ls/vtec shit to worry about.

Fix.it.again.Tony 07-25-2012 06:36 PM

you're done.

Newbie2000ex 07-26-2012 02:07 AM

Joe shmoe! hahah

On erlperformance.com they have sleeved blocks for 1500. I don't know how good they are but their site says their close deck blocks cool as well as an open deck. Personally I'd go with a gsr block over the ls as well...no ls/vtec shit to worry about.

you just told me to use a $1500 block that would have a whopping 250cc (max!) over a full ls motor ive got on the way for $150 (ls vtec kit goes for 300 max, which include parts im going to need anyways)... and the power gain... well let me reiterate... 250CCS!!!!!!! the output i would get for the cost is rediculess... (id rather destroke the motor honestly)

this cars going to be a gnarly n/a street runner that i can turn the spray on and take it to the quarter or take it to the local autocross meet and rip a set of tires up.. the itbs are simply because im in love with the sound, throttle responce on an itb 48mm setup is perfect, and the powerband works well with what i want the car to do, as WELL as a kinsler styled nitrous system simply because the atomization of the fuel after being sweeped by the n2o system is going to be insane! and because its the most efficient delivery system.
the gear set alone should tell everyone what this car is for. (b16, ls 5th streeeeeterrrrr)

NO SLEEVES, NO OVERBORING!
thats final! lol

DB8GS-R 07-26-2012 11:16 AM

I figured since you are trying to build a baller motor with baller parts you wouldn't skimp out on a good block. Like said before
there is no replacement for displacement.

Newbie2000ex 07-26-2012 12:30 PM

gsr block- crank girdle, oil squirters, shorter deck height, weaker rods, and a shorter throw crank than the ls....

so aside from the crankgirdle.. what's the advantage? (and the lsvtec kit not needing to be bought)

i mean honestly, if you can convince me, ill say it and go get a gsr this weekend instead of an ls.

DB8GS-R 07-26-2012 02:01 PM

I'm not saying get a gsr I'm just saying spend the money and get an 84mm block. Also they are the same deck height it may have a shorter stroke but it has tougher rods. Did i not just say this yesterday?

DB8GS-R 07-26-2012 02:04 PM

And before you quote saying you said you would go with a gsr. I did say that and i mean that as a sleeved 84mm gsr not stock sleeved

Newbie2000ex 07-27-2012 12:27 PM

ahh. sorry bout that man. miscommun.

but yea naw im alright with 81mm.

simply cant justify spending another 2g's extra on a honda!

rather save up for a new fr-s!!! hahah. this is simply going to be my fun little project car.

and if i ever, godforbid screw up this bottom end. all i have to do is get another ls bottom end slap some more pistons in it, parts wise. everything else can be salvagable. whole reason for the season. guess i should have explained that too! lol

DB8GS-R 07-27-2012 01:44 PM

Well good luck on the build. I'd like to see some numbers from this motor keep us updated