AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   NASA AZ @ WHPMP West : November 7-8, 2015 (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=202419)

topramn 10-20-2015 03:29 PM

NASA AZ @ WHPMP West : November 7-8, 2015

Registration now open @ (Please double check your driver profile to ensure it has the most up to date car numbers, classing, car make/models, and transponder info)

Event Details
• NEW CONFIGURATION **CW**
• HPDE1-4
• NASA Time Trial Series
• NASA Race Groups
• UMS Tuning Time Attack Series (Sunday only)

Track
Wild Horse Motorsports Park – West Track

20,000 S. Maricopa Road
Chandler, AZ 85226
Enter at Gate 3

(Friday) PRE-Event and Paddock Setup
Gates open @ 2PM - NOTE: Everyone MUST sign the waiver prior to driving into or parking in the paddock. If the waiver station is not setup when you arrive, PLEASE WAIT until they are!

Event Schedule
Draft schedule TBD

HPDE Tech Inspection
Please print and fill out a tech form prior to arriving to tech

TT Annual Tech Inspection
TT cars can go through the normal HPDE tech line but need to fill out the annual tech form (not the HPDE form) and bring their log book.

Race Annual Tech Inspection
All race cars must have their 2015 annual inspection completed by one of the authorized shops prior to arriving onsite OR be pre-registered (onsite fee and limited spots available) for an onsite annual tech inspection.

Classing TT & Race
All competitors classing sheets will be publicly posted here (classing sheets & dynos near the bottom of each respective page). If your respective series classing rules for 2015 were not published with at least 30 days notice (Example: Honda Challenge), those specific series/classes will still be able to compete under the 2014 rules and/or 2014 classing sheets. All current classing sheets (and dyno if applicable) for TT, PT, ST & GTS needs to be posted on the website (links below) or turned in onsite before the first competition session to avoid being up-classed. The preference is to submit classing sheets to Jeff Abrams so he can update prior to arriving onsite.

The most current rules can always be found here

Race Group Classing sheets -->
Time Trial Classing sheets -->

Classing Time Attack
Make sure you check out this thread

Driver Info / Registration
• Will be located near the white awnings and NASA AZ trailers (see paddock map)
• If you are not wearing your waiver wrist band you may be asked by Driver Info to sign the waiver again
• HPDE1 will need to “check in” with registration. All other groups will receive their wristbands from their respective Group Leader directly after the Drivers Meeting
• Onsite registration available (with a late fee) for groups that are not already sold out

Transponder Rentals
• Need to be checked out at registration
• Need to be returned to registration within 30 mins of your final session to avoid a late fee
• Time Attack competitors: If you rented a transponder for your TA session, it is only available for your TA laps. If you need a transponder for TT or Race group you will be required to pay for a full weekend rental.

Drivers Meetings / Downloads
The mandatory drivers meeting for all drivers (HPDE, TT, Race) will be held at Driver Info on Saturday morning (NOTE: Sun morning Racers do not need to attend). All other group meetings and download locations will be announced by your respective Group Leader directly after the morning drivers meeting.

Timing and Scoring
Results will be posted on our sign easels at Driver Info. If errors are found, please bring this to the attention of the TT / Race Director immediately to get corrected.

Water
The club will have bottled water available for staff/volunteers @ registration. Water is also available to participants and guests @ 2 for $1 using the self serve cash box.

Food Service
TBD

Photograph / Graphics
• Other Photographer vendor/info will be available at Driver Info.
• All freelance photographers please check in at Driver Info before going out to take pictures.

Fuel
Chevron less than a mile away has all the regular pump grades. Loves gas station just on the other side of I-10 has all grades of fuel including 100 unleaded and 110 leaded race fuel. Participants are encouraged to plan accordingly so they do not run out of fuel during the event. NOTE: Most HPDE cars will consume nearly a full tank each day.

Tire Service
NASA Arizona will have tire service available all weekend long.
$5 – dismount
$10 – mount
$10 – balance
$5 – tire disposal

topramn 10-20-2015 04:24 PM

Discount code $20 off registration. Don't wait to register this code is only good through the end of the week.
Code: WHPv2

Chuck Chainz 10-20-2015 04:46 PM

Signed up on Sunday with that $30 off! :drive:

Cacho 10-20-2015 09:18 PM

Signed up both days for de3

BlueTeg 10-21-2015 11:45 AM

In for Honda Challenge!

topramn 10-21-2015 07:53 PM

Woot! Welcome back sir. Missed your margs at Inde.

BlueTeg 10-22-2015 09:06 PM

Bummed I couldn't go. :(
First event I've missed since Feb 2010. :icon_eek:

LoooseGSR 10-23-2015 07:21 AM

In!

topramn 10-23-2015 03:23 PM

Attention: WHPMP track management has informed us that our next event weekend is on the same weekend as the Lucas Oil Off Road & Drag Boats finals. As a result, we are no longer able to host our event on the East track and as a result have been moved to the West track. We apologize for this change but due to safety reasons were not given an option to maintain our event as planned. As always, please follow the event thread on the NASA AZ forum for the latest details @

Chuck Chainz 10-23-2015 03:54 PM

Bummer, was hoping to drive on a different track. :cry:

LS-S DA9 10-25-2015 08:17 AM

me too :( looks like AMP it is.. time to go make my stock muffler bolt on. :lame:

Chuck Chainz 10-25-2015 08:38 AM

No go this time around?

BlueTeg 10-26-2015 11:25 AM

topramn 10-26-2015 04:00 PM

ATTENTION: NASA AZ has confirmed this event to be run in the CW configuration! We typically run WHPMP West in the CCW configuration but with the change of venues, we have requested this new feature and will be bringing it to you first! Come experience this as it could be a once in a lifetime event.

BlueTeg 10-27-2015 01:22 PM

Cool! I've never run that config before. :drive:

Leland 10-28-2015 06:39 PM

if my car was done id be there!!! going to be helping Patent It do some more testing on the Panoz at INDE that wkend. good luck and be SAFE!

LS-S DA9 10-28-2015 07:55 PM

One third of the way there lol I hope i make it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

BlueTeg 10-29-2015 10:17 AM

double A ron:
You trying for both days or just one?

LS-S DA9 10-29-2015 10:42 AM

Just one still. Until we get a crv then i can abuse the dori a lil more lol

Chuck Chainz 10-29-2015 10:55 AM

Thx for the advice Gabe! I'd definitely love to do Time Attack
Don't know how well that'll work with the track being a different configuration. Either way the new configuration should be fun.

BlueTeg 10-29-2015 01:28 PM

It's not until Sunday so you would conceivably have 6-7 sessions in on that new configuration already just from that weekend.

Do it. You'll have a great time. guaranteed :clapper:

dudeinpinkfit 11-01-2015 09:41 AM

Agreed ^^^^^

LS-S DA9 11-01-2015 11:21 PM

Might make it out still all though i won't have my track tires :( just some all season balloon tires. Better than a no go i guess

Nayrb_eg 11-02-2015 12:49 PM

Bummed that I'll miss out on this configuration

LS-S DA9 11-03-2015 07:57 PM

Well I'm gunna come hang out and support. Gunna be cool to see everyone going the wrong way lol.

TheVolta 11-05-2015 08:03 AM

Signed up for Sunday, should be there in the S2k.

Fix.it.again.Tony 11-06-2015 07:21 AM

I'll be there for a bit on Sat

LS-S DA9 11-09-2015 08:56 PM

big shout out to Carlos for cutting session 3 short and taking me to Acura of tempe to get my crank pulley bolt, Gabe for running around helping find tools and info, and (Eric? ) from ksport for the info on how to hold the crank without the tool... i missed session 3 but made it back out in time for most of session 4! it was a great time. when i came off the track from session 4 i was super stoked, it just felt awesome. i wanted to go out for another run .

mghwater 11-09-2015 09:32 PM

Lets see those vids Aaron, twas a great time- good idea to run cw. Looking foward to passing sound st amp. How does one hold the crank w-out the pully?
My fastest lap here

LS-S DA9 11-09-2015 09:39 PM

My fastest time ( referring to video in the same fashion as my last times out) 1:15. On ccw my fastest time was 1:16(if I remeber right) also had track tires back then. As far as getting the crank pulley torqued we put it in 5th and held the brake.

I dont know why the video came out so shitty. Session 2 came out AWESOME. But thats the session I ran with a lose pulley.

https://youtu.be/BhO6_RU3NqY