AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Musicians Corner (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   wtt my Marshall JCM 2000 dsl for a JCM 900 (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132747)

1jzMA70 08-24-2010 12:16 PM

FS: my Marshall JCM 2000 dsl

1jzMA70 08-27-2010 11:48 AM

bump for edit

sworth9411 08-27-2010 02:41 PM

Bump for advice.....

If your into the marshall sound I would splurge and grab a Krank Revolution Plus.....can nail every single marshall sound and then voice like Mesa, Bogner and VHT to boot....dont bother with the krankenstein its junk take a risk and I promise you'll be pleasently suprised....

1jzMA70 08-28-2010 06:24 AM

honestly... They are Great amps BUT.... not worth the Price... if i'm getting a Krank so i can replicate a marshal for THOUSANDS of dollars, i might as well go with a marshall to begin with hahaha it's way cheaper! lol

1jzMA70 09-03-2010 02:35 PM

bump!!!

sworth9411 09-04-2010 04:42 PM

Hey Duder....not the classifieds and sorry these amps just aren't selling because many of the components are chinese now and just aren't the same quality marshall was known for...

FYI Three of my local Pawnshops have this exact same amp for $349 which means they have bargaining room....this economy has killed value for used instruments and maybe you'd be better off keeping it?

And P.S. Krank may have a rep for being able to imitate marshall because of their EQ sweep, they are also able to immitate mesa, peavey, diezel, etc but they sound similar to VHT and Bogner . IMHO these are the best sounding amps on the market right now and smoke almost anything else out there...do your research before you slam a product for being too expensive :)

1jzMA70 09-04-2010 06:38 PM

[quote=sworth9411;2136399 the components are chinese now and just aren't the same quality marshall was known for...

FYI Three of my local Pawnshops have this exact same amp for $349

do your research before you slam a product for being too expensive :)[/quote]

it's hard to belive that they are selling a JCM 2000 DSL for 1/5 of it's original price... the way most places (pawn shops) determine the sale price is by seeing on "average" how much they are selling for on ebay and other web sites.... $350? maybe a MG series half stack but not a tube Head. yeah my JCM i would imagine does have some damn chinese parts since it was made in 2002 and 10 yrs earlier is when marshall started using the chinese parts.

and i have done my research on multiple heads... i've been in the music scene for about 12 yrs now. i have a buddy who had a KRANK loved it but again like you said it can immitate it's not the really thing he sold it and went back to marshall it really is all preference and i have played his KRANK and a Bogner and a HIWATT i loved the bogner the best but out of my price range and i'm in the process of getting the head i originally wanted which is a JCM 800 50w model 2205... 2205 means rare my friend, 2205 and 2210 are the only jcm 800's that have TWO seperate channels only a hand full are still around and i scored a guy selling one for $800 when on average go for $1100... and these were made pre 92 so nooo chinese parts here hahaha lol i believe after 87 the JCM 900 came out to replace the JCM 800 and that's when the heads came two channels for marshall ever since...

i know your trying to look out for me... but i'll be the first to admit.... i'm FUCKIN stubborn bro i want what i want and i'll fight to get it. haha

atleast you sound like you know what your talking about... you in a band? how long have you been in the music scene?

sworth9411 09-04-2010 08:16 PM

Ive been playing in touring tech metal and hardcore bands since I was 15.....I havent done anything in the past few years been focused on my career but now I'm back in school....tried to start up some shit apparently my taste in music isn't what most listen too or want to play these days.....that and I'm just not interested in guitar shred acrobatics which seems to be the flavor of the week

Tone is very subjective so if you like marshall more power to you....There are a few pawn shops locally that have it at that price, if your looking for a backup PM me Ill give you their names....if yours is a 92 its back in the golden years of marshall unfortunatley the Chinese shit their putting out today sucks if your head is older your price is justified.

I have a few nicer pieces of gear right now and am doing some more weird shit lately but I've moved from touring musician to bedroom musician, and moved from 6 to 7 to 8 strings.....

PM me if you ever want to cruise to shows I live a few miles away from Mesa underground.

sworth9411 09-05-2010 11:33 PM

On a side note if you ever want to jam I have a pretty rad setup we just need a place to play;

Guitars;
PRS Singlecut Reserve 10 top w/ Birds, Gibson Les Paul Custom Dark Tri Burst w/ Bareknuckles, ESP M1 NTB, Ibanez Prestige 2228
Amps;
Mesa Boogie MKV, Engl Powerball V2, Krank Revolution Plus, and AXE FX Ultra...

I'm Down to jam just about whenever and have enough gear for two if needed.....

1jzMA70 09-07-2010 07:44 AM

haha music changes every 8-10 yrs lol so what would you refer your style to? i'm still happy with my standard 6 strings. it would be cool to jam sometime but i live in tucson soo it's more than a 5 min drive haha

sworth9411 09-07-2010 10:44 AM

I play a very one dimensional hardcore style....

Crowbar, The Acacia Strain, Madball, Meshuggah etc.....I'm learning some Jazz stuff as well, and dabble a bit in stoner doom rock let me know if your ever in PX