AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   RSX + EP3 (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   are these worth it ? 05 RSX motor mounts (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189256)

BoostCreep 05-03-2013 06:47 AM

are these worth it ? 05 RSX motor mounts

Father-in-law has a nice 2005 Acura RSX-S. He bought Hasport race mounts for it some time ago and the vibration is too much. He was trying to run down a weird vibration. It helped. Now, he is trying to replace these with an OEM or maybe a bit stiffer than OEM - but not POLY. This is what he's found:

- OEM motor mounts (along with a few others). I can get a complete set for a mere $498. Damn!
- "Vibratechincs Engine Mount Kit" ($465.00)
- "HardRace Motor Mount Kit" ($325.00). Looks like they have all four mounts.

If you have experience with these or others - let me know. He wants to get these soon.

Thanks.

Rzarectah 05-03-2013 07:09 AM

How about OEM with energy suspension inserts?

A_integra1012 05-03-2013 03:44 PM

^^^^ I can vouch for the energy motor mounts inserts , they work really good for the price if your lookng to save some money but they don't come with the front one.

Dead Bird 05-04-2013 07:52 AM

When I put energy inserts in my car, it still vibrated like crazy.

Tell him to suck it up

Nachooooosupreme 05-04-2013 09:46 AM

Seriously tell pops to man up. He has some of the best mounts in the market in his rsx. I have em in my em1. Hasport ftw!

BoostCreep 05-04-2013 10:57 PM

Man up?

He has a CR S2000 that he races, and an EF getting an F20 swap. This car is his mild car.

Sure... I'll tell him. :facepalm:

MC-CRX 05-04-2013 11:42 PM

I also have hasport mounts in my teg ;)

stin1 05-05-2013 08:49 AM

Hasport makes different types of urethane. Which one is he using?

Nachooooosupreme 05-05-2013 10:20 AM

If your dad supposedly races he should know all about motor mounts!! In fact there are only 2 ways to go about mounts and that's oem and aftermarket. Everybody knows how oem mounts are (soft and squishy) and anybody who races should know you can't use oem mounts but rather you have to use poly mounts (which are obviously stiff). OR am I the only one who knows this?

You coming on here asking about mounts and facepalming shows me your lack of intelligence about motor mounts and their function. And just fyi I went from oem mounts in my em1 daily to hasport because i know 1) they're the best aftermarket mount out there, 2) i knew id be tracking my car eventually, and 3) i will never have to replace my mounts again.

So if you don't want to tell you dad I can..
:superghey:

RHD_GeRmZ 05-29-2013 04:06 AM

Ftmfw!

BoostCreep 06-09-2013 02:54 PM

yeah yeah yeah... All 3 cars do not need to be full on race cars and if you can still enjoy a daily, then why not? Just because it's not vibrating and buzzing all the time doesn't make it weak. This is his daily. The 62As are still taunt but not too stiff that the car's vibration is louder than the engine noises. He only wanted a car that wasn't buzzing all the time.

As for the replacements... Hasport was awesome. We stopped by and they hooked us up with the bushings. They really are 1st rate folks.

Just replaced the 70a with 62a. Didn't too long really. The rear mount took the longest.

Shifting is still crisp - but the NVH has dropped considerably.