AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   **Official** What did you do to your DC Today? **Thread** (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122871)

Dead Bird 04-13-2010 05:42 PM

White.
Its the same as the one 1point8 posted.
Just has hubcaps.
She says it was saturday? I have no clue

slowsedan 04-15-2010 09:46 PM

i might've seen it around town a couple times but probably don't remember

Dead Bird 04-17-2010 12:38 PM

no big deal. it's not like i stick out.

Recharged the AC system yesterday. It worked, but I felt it could have been better. So Alex and I went 1/3rd 2/3rd's on renting the vacuum pump and vacuum manifold to properly recharge AC systems. He showed me how to do it, and even though we used my car as the test car, it worked out great. Big thanks to That One Guy. :hi:

Had one of the worst customer service experiences EVER at Autozone at 43rd and Cactus. :( Really disappointed.
Oh well. AC is amaaaaaaazing

Dead Bird 04-17-2010 12:42 PM

Forgot that I went to RMS yesterday and picked up a 12" slim fan since my oem fan is brokedicked. Haven't put it on yet, but if I can get someone over with a decent camera and/or soltering gun while I'm doing it, I can get some pictures up!

Dead Bird 04-19-2010 07:44 AM

familywagon 04-19-2010 08:11 AM

^^ Dam, that sucks man. Time for a 98 front end, lol..

Passing along a BIG THANKS to Joe for getting my gsr back on track. Tuned showed car was running way too lean. Ditched the p28 and got the p72 tuned. Car really woke up. Pulls much sronger now. At approx. 5300rpm we picked up almost 20hp and 20tq. Can't complain bout that!

Thx Joe!!

i<3mod's 04-19-2010 08:14 AM

:eek: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:
Your high ewwww why would you ever suggest a 98-01 front end to anyone!
94-97 FOR THE FUCKING WIN!

Dead Bird 04-19-2010 08:17 AM

lmao i was considering it

i<3mod's 04-19-2010 08:22 AM

I know we been boys for a while but if you do that ILL FUCKING KILL YOU!
since we can stay on topic Ill be getting new wheels today I think

slowsedan 04-20-2010 08:54 AM

maybe someone doesn't want you to have ac
just go with the jdm front end rather than just replacing the bumper

Dead Bird 04-20-2010 10:01 AM

oh ya cuz there's only about 1,000 dollar difference.

But anyways I took teh car to Discount today and the put two new tires on up front. As I pulled up I looked at the damage from the other night. Pulled the lip out a little bit, and I saw something hanging there. I pulled it out, and realized I didn't hit a coyote. It was a dog collar. I hit someone's poor wittle doggie the other night. :( I'm sorry!!!

Got 2 new tires.
Got 4 wheel alignment.
Toe was about -2.54 or so
Camber was about +1degree on each side.

Got the toe straightened out, and had them adjust the camber to -1.2. Gotta turn yoooo. ;)
The vibrations from 80-90mph is gone, and car drives straight off the throttle.
On the throttle, car pulls left a little. On the brake, car pulls right a little. I'm satisfied though.

crxgonemad.a6 04-20-2010 10:07 AM

pulled my motor,tranny everything out of the engine bay to redo everything got rid of my stupid b16 tranny traded it for an ls an then someone broke into my storage an stole my tranny ls block an all my car audio equipment IM PISSED!

justanother 04-21-2010 02:37 PM

i just done change my oil, change my atf , change my sparkplug , change my axle, on my new dc..

that one guy 04-22-2010 08:51 PM

pics?

justanother 04-22-2010 09:03 PM

adam 04-22-2010 09:45 PM

Go and paint it.

justanother 04-23-2010 12:05 AM

i serious never own a dc series b 4 in my life and i alway wanted 1 and in the past every single time iam in the market looking for one but i alway got sidetrack and get something else but never known that own an integra would be this fun ..lol

Dead Bird 04-23-2010 08:37 AM

Wednesday:
Got off work, made a few stops, picked up a few things, and drove to my friends' house in surprise.
Let the car cool down and started working on it.
Drained the old MTF. And when I say old i mean OOOLLLLLLDDDDDDD. Shit looked like melted down chocolate.
Poured about 3 quarts of chekcer 5w30 through the transmission to help flush out what was left of the chocolate mess.
Wiped down the drain plug, and the area it goes, and installed the drain plug. Couldn't remember what torque rating it goes to, but I know that the drain plug on the Oil Pan gets 33ft/lbs or so, so I figure that'd be okay. Filled with OEM Honda(well, acura) Manual Transmission Fluid.

Replaced the old, torn up Rear mount with a much much newer one, along with an Energy Suspension Insert. Shit was a pain in the ass of course.

Also did a valve lash adjustment. Car really needed it. But after I finished, I almost had several heart attacks. Turned the car back on after the adjustment was done. Heard a loud, repetitive clicking noise from what appeared to be underneath the valve cover. Put my ear down to the Dizzy, and diagnosed that it was coming from there. Took it apart, and found the screw for the rotor was loose and the rotor was all chewed up. How fucking coincidental that it finally gives RIGHT whehn i'm doing the valve adjustment? Anyways, took it off, luckily friend had a spare rotor layin around so we put that on, and took the car for a test drive. Everything seemed peachy, except that most McDonald's aren't 24 hours all week anymore! WTF is up with that!?

Got the car home, popped out the spark plugs, disconnected the dizzy and fuel injectors, and did a compression test.

Did an initial one when I first got the car. Numbers were decent, but not satisfying.

4 3 2 1
180 180 165 190

So after the valve adjustment, car being at actual operating temperature this time, and a usually more consistent compression tester, came up with much more satisfying results :)

4 3 2 1
185 180 180 190

Now for a motor with 226xxx miles, I'm extremely happy!

Dead Bird 04-23-2010 08:41 AM

Thursday:

Drove the car with a bunch of stuff in it, including my girlfriend, all the way up to Payson and back.
Put about 370 miles on her in 24 hours, and 1 Tank of gas got me 320 of them! When I went to the gas station, it took like 11.5 gallons to fill, so 320/11.5=27.83 mpg average. Not too bad because I still get on it plenty, and cruising up the mountains in payson definitely took some hard throttle with the thin air.

Dead Bird 04-23-2010 08:41 AM

Friday:

Not doing anything but driving her!
Got a looong day ahead of me, but I still have a few things I need to do like:

*Flush/Bleed Brakes and Clutch
*Flush PS Fluid
*Replace ABS pump
*Repair steering rack wine
*Fix rear bumper sag
*Say bye-bye to panda
* HID
*Timing Belt/Tensioner
*Water Pump
*Radiator Drain/Flush/ReFill
*Install new fan

We'll see what I'll get done this week. :)

Dead Bird 04-23-2010 01:34 PM

I lied. I detailed the interior.
Looks fressshhhhh

Slow_HX 04-23-2010 02:23 PM

:whore:

OhDang 04-23-2010 02:32 PM

dont you do it

Dead Bird 04-23-2010 02:39 PM

lend me the buddy club's or else he's gone!

BoricuaAZ 04-23-2010 06:06 PM

got it new LED license plate lights

Dead Bird 04-24-2010 12:20 PM

Now you're gonna get pulled over for having a blue light back there, even though we all know it's not really that blue

GtecD16 04-24-2010 01:21 PM

nice

Dead Bird 04-25-2010 03:25 PM

Went to SpeedWorld last night.
Paid my 40$ and took a run at bracket racing.
I didn't get there until 9pm, and at that time I only had one time trial one before I had to give my dial in.
First run was a 16.29, so the guy put that as my dial in time. I was like, why would he put that as my dial in time when that was what i ran my first run of the night in? Anyways, had him change it to a 16.10 so I didn't break out.

My non-oem steelies' valve stem doesn't line up with the hubcap access spot, so i was in the middle of taking the wheel off to let some air out of the tires, but got rushed and didn't get to do that. :(

Went to line up at the burnout box, the guy shook his fist kinda weird, so I thought that meant spin them. When I got to the tree, the light guy yelled at me and said I'm supposed to stop when he says stop. I would have if I realized that's what he was trying to say, but oh well. At this point I feel like an asshole, and am nervour that when I get back they're gonna hate me even more cuz I'm the only honda/import besides a dope 12 second S14. So I fucked up my launch cuz I wasn't concentrating and ended up running a 16.58 or something, and the guy I was racing was almost dead on with his dial in. But he had a stock Automatic monte carlo ss. gay.

Best run of the night was a 16.11 @ 85. 60ft: 2.45
Best 60ft of the night was a 16.22 run with a 2.38

I'm a little rusty, need to get some more consecutive runs in so i don't forget what i wanted to do differently than the time before by the time i get there.

slowsedan 04-25-2010 10:24 PM

I still havent ran mine at the track just to see what numbers it throws up

jos2141110 04-25-2010 11:42 PM

I just got my hands on a integra Gsr and nxt i want to do the ITR front end conversion does ne one know where i can get one or whose selling one?