AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Photography (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Taintsmacker's picture thread (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=165927)

taintschwacker 02-19-2012 10:02 PM

Taintsmacker's picture thread

I just recently got a Nikon D3100 with kit lens 18-55mm lens. I took photography in highschool(mid 90's) and i havent gotten back into it till now. I am just doing it for fun. I would appreciate your criticism and your help and knowledge on what lenses to buy and how to take better pictures. let me know what you think..

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

taintschwacker 02-19-2012 10:05 PM

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

taintschwacker 02-19-2012 10:58 PM

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

taintschwacker 02-19-2012 11:03 PM

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

by , on Flickr

taintschwacker 02-19-2012 11:12 PM

by , on Flickr

taintschwacker 02-20-2012 10:44 AM

31 views and no input??? Thanks fella's....

stormsilverek 02-20-2012 10:52 AM

Just a lil word of advice pics look good, but dont bump up the contrast as much.

Also when shooting animals try and get them in as natural of a setting as you can. When see animals in pictures with chainlink fences and or nets definitely can be a no no to some photographers.

taintschwacker 02-20-2012 11:03 AM

Y thank you sir, i am colorblind so it gets to be a pain in the arse to be able to tell if colors are good. This was my trip to the world wildlife zoo. I need to get a better lens that way i can zoom in on them through the fence at the zoo and get them in a more natural presence.

stormsilverek 02-20-2012 11:21 AM

Yea I recognized the location, I was there last year and yes at times a zoom lens really is needed to get certain shots you are trying to get.

HondaFreak 02-21-2012 01:14 PM

There's really no input to give in an artistic standpoint. The pics just look like "a day in the zoo". Also, there's really no editing to comment on. Honestly, it just looks like you documented your day at the zoo and a walk in the town.

Try different angles and composition to give them more of an artistic feel.

One thing I can say is that they are sharp and in-focus.

taintschwacker 02-21-2012 01:46 PM

Thanks man, that's the thing, i am just starting out and i am getting the feel for it first before i dabble into the more intricate aspect of photography. I am colorblind and it is hard for me to measure the amount of color to add to the picture or if like what was said before, adding to much contrast to my pictures. I am trying to learn how to walk before i can run type of deal. I still need to take a class or have someone with vast photoshop knowledge teach me how to fully utilize photoshop as i have the slightest clue on how to function most of the tools in the program.

HondaFreak 02-21-2012 02:34 PM

You can always do some dope black and whites ;)

taintschwacker 02-21-2012 02:58 PM

Funny you say that cause that is my next task i was gonna put upon myself.lol. Thats what i did in highschool is black and whites, but we had film in those days.lol