AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EG Civic/Del Sol + DC Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Running rich (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131292)

crxgonemad.a6 08-03-2010 06:12 PM

Running rich

Ok so I have a virgin p28 an I seem to be running rich I have a mini me set up, d15b7 bottom an a ported z6 head an some times sitting at a light after getting on it i smoke an just like driving around it doesn't smoke, new plugs an new wires an it still runs rich what do u guys think?

TwoGlassEyes 08-05-2010 06:46 AM

My car was running rich because of a bad oxygen sensor. But mine wasn't smoking (although it was failing emissions) so don't run out and buy something until more people chime in.

smcdonaldaz 08-05-2010 12:53 PM

Rich is almost always O2.

When you start your car cold the system is in open loop and runs rich until the engine gets hot then the computer starts tuning the ingectors for optimum mixture. When the O2 is bad the system stays in open loop and doesn't lean out. Running this long can also trash your cat so don't let it go too long.

crxgonemad.a6 08-07-2010 05:48 PM

well my car is doing it again, but it'll do it at idle an just when ever it feels like doing it, so replace my o2? an i don't have a cat, Im using a test pipe

crxgonemad.a6 08-08-2010 12:18 AM

mmmmmmm

OK, so all day today while driving i seem to be blowing steam out of my exhaust, now i know the head was clean an decked an stuff but i cleaned the block surface off an everything, brand new from Honda y8 head gasket, an the cylinder wall were still within spec of not milling it so i honestly just don't know lol

:retard:

But could it be steam from the condensation inside my stainless steel exhaust with just a test pipe, cuz it only steams "smoke" when it gets hot, like for example i drove to the park an just hung out lol, i was bored an started my car an looked at my exhaust an nothing but when i finally got out my gf was behind me in her car an i saw "smoke??" steam whatever u wanna call it cuz it like reflected of the head lights lol an then after driving for half an hour i pulled into the garage an no steam "smoke" was blowing out an i never over heat or loose coolant, but i was told when i left an i let out a big cloud everyone said it smelt like burnt coolant, so what r some other ways to check my if my head gasket is bad, i checked the oil nothing looked like 2 week old oil, coolant level was fine so im just trying to prevent myself from blowing up another motor lol

:this-guy:

smcdonaldaz 08-08-2010 02:40 PM

Check the coolant bottle too. If you have a half full bottle you could be burning some and the radiator level will look fine until to bottle goes empty.

crxgonemad.a6 08-09-2010 12:42 AM

my water level never moves

die in a dick fire noob 08-09-2010 07:31 AM

so where did rich come into play in this conversation?

what do you understand rich to mean? it seems to me that your burning oil not running rich... it would make sense that after sitting idle for a little bit that oil would build up in the head and leak past your valve seals into the combustion chamber, then burn off and create a small amount of smoke coming out of your tailpipe. it could also be from your pcv valve needing replaced, that would cause it to smoke only occasionally...

projectaccord 08-09-2010 09:44 AM

My mini me setup smokes when I get on it too, and I've eliminated it down to my valve stem seals being the problem.

crxgonemad.a6 08-11-2010 06:22 PM

But I got the head all rebuilt after I got it ported..

die in a dick fire noob 08-12-2010 05:30 PM

k, check the pcv system.