AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   you want it.. you got it.. PIR september (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73352)

topramn 08-25-2008 12:24 PM

you want it.. you got it.. PIR september

see everyone soon..

HPDE1-3 Saturday only

TT both days

Race both Days

Sunday Guest Group

explode13 08-25-2008 12:37 PM

what does that meen . sorry new to this stuff

EG6-DC2 08-25-2008 12:40 PM

Already signed up!

fmx_dbc 08-25-2008 01:35 PM

what's the guest group?
Just picked up some rims for my slickers so I'll be tryin them out for the first time. I just hope I don't run into issues with the tires rubbing the fenders. I plan to be there!

Phantomeg 08-25-2008 03:31 PM

I'm in...See you guy's in September at PIR!!! Hopefully it will be a little cooler by then...

Vtecracer 08-25-2008 06:00 PM

ugh......will the car be done in time?? aghhhh!!!!! :pulls hair out:

ILIKETODRIVE 08-25-2008 06:00 PM

Been signed up! :thumbsup:

woody55 08-25-2008 06:22 PM

Racing both days. Trying out the cool suit for the first time, hope it works as it will still be plenty hot out in early Sept. Now I just need to loose 80 lbs from the car to make min weight.....

BlueTeg 08-26-2008 12:48 AM

PIR....yay

Doing an event all day in the September heat....boo

topramn 08-26-2008 08:13 AM

Last I heard, the guest group was EuroTuner Magazine. But not sure if that has changed or not.

EG6-DC2 08-26-2008 04:52 PM

EuroTuner? Are they testing out some cars or is it personal cars out there? If they will be having some nice high end cars out there, it might be worth going to watch them tear it up!

If not, then they are wasting my Sunday track time!:devil:

mc_rhett_meister 08-26-2008 05:59 PM

Hope i can make it :(

Vtecracer 08-26-2008 06:10 PM

you better make it Rhett....that would be 2 **cough** new cars at the track....

fmx_dbc 08-26-2008 06:42 PM

I want my new transmission...boo. Gosh I spend too much $$$

SlowCivicHmm 08-26-2008 09:51 PM

Not sure if I'll be there running, but def be there for tech and for hanging out!!

iApex 08-26-2008 10:13 PM

how come the events cant be 30 days apart. hard to come up with the money. thought i had time and bought wheels. this sucks now im a "hard parker" i think you guys call it. hopefully i can get my dad to give me an advance because i work for him. haha one benefit to working for family. i hate having to work for money already spent. but i have to go to this i said i was going to the last one.

topramn 08-26-2008 11:17 PM

eurotuner is supposed to be doing euro shootout.. kinda like what modified did in may.. again, not sure if thats still taking place.. i will post correct info as soon as i know for sure..

umm.. 27 days is pretty damn close to 30.. stop buying stuff and just drive.. plus the schedule for the entire year has been up since last november.. no reason to not know when the events are... 2009 schedule should be available to the public in the next month or so..

SlowCivicHmm 08-26-2008 11:34 PM

budget...YAY!!

PhoenixB16 08-27-2008 11:13 AM

There for sure.Driving? Doubtfull.

topramn 08-27-2008 12:49 PM

what? nevermind.. i got it..

iApex 08-27-2008 03:27 PM

Never said it wasnt my fault. Rims are bought and your right it is 27, but last two weeks went by fast. i am by no means rich yes i have a mom and dad but i work for every single thing i own and or do. i am giong to try my best to get on track but i have to pay bills or else i have nothing to track with. wheels were a stupid move but car had 18 lbs 16's made by asa- had to go plus new ones have been bought. im going to not put tires on them i think and use that money to run with my current wheels then put tires on between next event. purpose of previous post was to point out i made a mistake. i want to run.

BlueTeg 08-27-2008 05:38 PM

Have you done track events before? I thought I remember you saying that you had some track time under your belt. (???)

^ Check these out. Perfect for your situation. Why?
1.) They're very affordable. You'll spend $400+ alone on wheels before shipping or tax.
2.) They're 8" wide. So you get a nice fat contact patch
3.) Aside from Hoosiers, 710's are the next stickiest tire. Sure the tires are old, but they'll grip way better than any street tire, and for the price you shouldn't expect them to perform like new. This tire/wheel combo would cost you $1000+ if you bought brand new
4.) Small overall rolling diameter means that you can run a wide tire without worrying about the tire rubbing on your fenders. More importantly this tire/wheel combo gives you similar gearing to adding a JDM ITR final drive. Those of you that have driven on this combo can attest to the acceleration they will add (I think only Tage and Jose, but still. LOL)

The only 'con' I can see is:
I do not recommend them for your first time out. I'm a big advocate of learning to drive on street tires until you're ready for DE3. Because of the high level of grip R-compounds have, it can hide some mistakes that you may make as a beginner. I drove on street tires for my first 2 years in the DE program.

If you're not ready to make the financial commitment to them. You can rent them for $30/day or $50 for the weekend. If you decide to buy them within the next 25 days after the event, I'll apply the rental fee to the purchase price. But please, keep in mind that it really is best to learn on street tires before making the jump to Rcompounds so if you decide to buy them, you many want to sit on them for a bit before using them religiously at the track.

iApex 08-27-2008 06:08 PM

ya i have been on a track 2 times . my dad rented FIR west a while back. then i ran on spring mountain for a 2 day event and got like literally 4 hours of track time altogether in the 2 days . so point im making is yes i have been on track but maybe only 5 hrs so i want to stay on street tires for now. i bought some buddy clubs they will be here tuesday. if i run though i will still be on my 16 asa's which sucks. becasue i cant offord tires for the buddy clubs and to run. i might say fuck it and sit this event out till i get the tires so when i start im completely ready. i can already tell this is an expensive sport. im runing the next auto cross for sure though.

SlowCivicHmm 08-27-2008 06:25 PM

reason I haven't fully commited to buying them...grr....lol...if not MINE! i know i've said it before...

hey gabe I might rent them again if you have them still closer to the event, the hatch needs maintance 1st before I commit to driving......fyi..

BlueTeg 08-27-2008 06:28 PM

Don't sit out cause you're waiting for tires. Come out, go through the DE1 school and that way when you get your 'good' tires you'll have already run the track once and have been through the school portion.

Trust me, unless you're running 175/75/13 snow tires, the tires you have on those 16s will be more than enough to provide some grins around PIR.

SlowCivicHmm 08-27-2008 06:33 PM

He's tracked with us before Gabe.....

Bald dude, Silver DC5 out at West with us this month...

ILIKETODRIVE 08-27-2008 06:39 PM

Wrong guy d00d.

Phantomeg 08-27-2008 07:10 PM

You're thinking of Paul that hangs with us with the DC5...

SlowCivicHmm 08-27-2008 08:02 PM

haha, okay...in another post this guy said he was the bald dude...lol.....i'm bad with n ames...ya'll know that by now...how long it take me to get everyone's straight...lol

I'm a dumbass...

ASPEC is paul..

iApex....looked the same to me.....OWNED!

iApex 08-27-2008 08:57 PM

im not bald lol. im pretty sure some of you saw me at the last event i went up and introduced myself but no one was very talkative. if you see me youll know im pretty short (5'2) on a good day. last event i was with another kid who had red hair if that helps. and i drive a red DC2. thats me in the avatar. ya you make good valid points gabe im going to try to put off buying the tires for the buddyclub wheels and use that money to sign up. and jsut run on my 16's.