AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Strip & Street (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   true street class (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112709)

2CAMSVTEC 11-18-2009 04:35 PM

true street class

i was reading a thread on ht, about this, and i started to think if there's anyone (shops) interested in doing some type of event for this class ?
since as u know ( or at least some of u ), this is a affordable class the rules are pretty simple:

67mm limit
24.5inch
2300lbs
STREET TRIM

WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO BRING THE HONDA SCENE BACK TO LIFE (RACING) WITH OUT BEING INTIMIDATED BY THE BIG GUYS HERE IN AZ ( JAKE, HECTOR-MANNY, AARON, JOE, ETC)...
I KNOW THERE'S CARS OUT THERE RUNNING FROM HIGH 12-11'S THAT WOULD BE DOWN TO PITCH IN TO GET A GOOD PAY-OUT FOR THE RACES, AND I KNOW THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SHOPS TOO
JUST A THOUGH...

locash 11-20-2009 11:35 PM

The thing is, any of us could just put a 67mm turbo on our cars and go run this class..

What is your definition of "Street Trim"? All of our cars have working windows, doors, door panels, mirrors, oem dashboards, carpet, air to air intercoolers, etc..

locash 11-20-2009 11:36 PM

Since we are talking about Arizona, why not just get the rest of you to buy the bigger turbo? That way, there are already 4-5 of us with cars ready to go, seems cheaper to me. :)

B16offuryz 11-21-2009 12:22 AM

sounds fair.. lol

locash 11-21-2009 08:53 AM

Hell, for that matter, might as well bracket race on a 11.50 or 12.0 index, then it doesnt matter how much power you have, unless you dont have enough to run those times, then you'll have to spend a few dollars.. It would be easy for the higher power guys to turn down the power and run those indexes, making it cheaper for everyone. :)

Full-Race Henry 11-21-2009 11:28 AM

I am sure if you get enough True Street Competitors together, it would be a good class. True Street was pretty much just an east coast thing, however now BOTI will probably make it big throughout the westcoast. (ALLVTEC) Rauls Car is setup for True Street and should be a fun car. However running 11-12s in true street is pretty slow. there are ppl in the 9's and a lot of ppl in the 10's.

I think it would be an awesome and really fun class. But it just seems like people in AZ arent as dedicated as they once were.

I thought you had a 42R?? are you goin to switch it to a smaller turbo??

taggart_lumpy 11-21-2009 12:42 PM

"we aint got no money for a topmount.... that ramhotn will do...."

juan3023 11-21-2009 12:52 PM

x2 I would totally need to agree with you Henry

ICD 11-21-2009 01:21 PM

lol those ny guys are something else

RICK's-TOWING 11-21-2009 01:37 PM

we should just put together local events. based on a class. im down for a 67mm class.....but me and tommy already spent the money on a 72mm...

and henry is absolutely right....i will admit ive lost alot of interest in putting the car together. mainly cause i work sooo much...if it wasn't for joe tommy raul and henry the car wouldnt have even started yet.... i really would love to see people get back into it. id be super motivated.

2CAMSVTEC 11-21-2009 01:59 PM

i do have a 42r and the car is set up for the outlaw sfwd (No im not switching turbo) , but i have a street car as well that would fit the class , but im not saying this because of me, im saying because a lot of guys out there are willing to compete locally for a pot, but they just dont have the money for set ups likes jakes, mannys etc etc...
even a smaller class??? maybe 61mm???
im down to sponsor some kind of event or what ever it takes to bring racing back to life here in arizona, is just sad that nobody shows any interest on it anymore, because the only people organizing racing events have no idea about import classes, and thats right BOTI just announced the new class...
and ur right 12-11's is still slow for this class but my point is what it needs to be done to bring the racing scene back to life in AZ???

2CAMSVTEC 11-21-2009 02:04 PM

u know people in az is not educated enough to understand index racing ( not talking for everybody, im sure there's a couple of guys that knows whats good) plus head to head classes are the exciting ones...
and come on, u have a car that will fit this class....

RICK's-TOWING 11-21-2009 07:20 PM

bracket racing is lame....then you just attract sand baggers. ive always hated bracket racing....

2CAMSVTEC 11-21-2009 07:57 PM

That's right, plus heads up classes are the most attractive ones...

locash 11-21-2009 10:15 PM

I was out at Speedworld on Wednesday, and at Firebird last Friday doing my license passes.. There weren't any other fast Honda's out there that I saw, or at least there were no other Honda's in the slick lanes with me. I felt alone, it made me cry. :)

Winter is here guys, get those cars running! I'm not changing my set up, I'm still learning it! Manny's car should be back out soon as well, the motor is ready to go back in the car..

Hey, what happened to that Red K-series turbo EK?

2CAMSVTEC 12-04-2009 10:18 AM

getting ready still, we decide to do a lot of changes, taking a little extra time... we are building it for this class (true street or sfwd 67mm)... it shut be done by january...

B16offuryz 12-04-2009 11:47 AM

We really need some az people to ditch these jdm building crap, and start building some fast true street cars..

Full-Race Henry 12-04-2009 12:13 PM

how many cars locally are willing to compete in a class like this?? and are willing to race in events that offer this class?

2CAMSVTEC 12-04-2009 01:00 PM

cars that i know and are down to race 5-7 cars, 2 are still in process...
and maybe 2 more, but one is supercharged and the other one has a 2 stage nitrous set up (i think they can fit in the class)

locash 12-04-2009 04:45 PM

If my car will fit into the class with only a turbo change, and Henry will buy me the turbo I need, I'll retune my jalopy for it. :) Seriously though, if there are already a handful of us running 72mm turbos that already have sorted out cars, why would we want to change them? I don't mind changing my turbo and my tune to come play, but anything more than that, and it's just not worth it..

2CAMSVTEC 12-04-2009 05:05 PM

im not saying that u guys need to change classes, stick to it and keep doing your thing, im just trying to say that a new class needs to be added for people with less resources that are still down to race...^^^^ but is not like the people with smaller set ups can say..." oh im gonna buy a 72mm turbo, re-tune it and come out and play" we can still have a 72mm class ( count me in), but again there's only like 7-8 people in this class here in az... and people that i know down for this class 7, what about others cars ??
Plus getting a car ready for a 67mm class is cheaper than a 72mm class, so when people start seeing good turn outs at the events for this class, more people is gonna get motivated to start building cars for it...

Full-Race Henry 12-04-2009 05:38 PM

Sure Locash, Feel free to submit your sponsorship proposal to for the 2010 season and we can go from there.

Full-Race Henry 12-04-2009 05:42 PM

yeah, but will these 7 cars be willing to attend each event?? there are always cars that can fit in the class, but most of them say they will compete, but dont even attend. i know shit happends especially days or weeks before an event, but how serious are they?

locash 12-04-2009 06:47 PM

Submitted! Yay, free turbo for me!

locash 12-04-2009 06:49 PM

Seeing as we dont have enough local cars to run 1 class, I have no problems competing in multiple classes.. It looks like I will have to make a new air intake as well, but other than that, a turbo that OngSport will buy me, and a street tune, I should be good to go. :)

RICK's-TOWING 12-04-2009 07:24 PM

7-8 people is better than the (henry,aaron) (manny hector) jake b. locash rauel class that we have here....thats 5 cars....i think it would be pretty cool to do a 67mm class....but honestly if theres 12 to 13 cars the first time we go out...how many of those cars will make it through too the next event...or even through one event.....

locash 12-04-2009 08:22 PM

Hey, the more cars racing the better, but I doubt that .az will have the turnout anyway.. If I see enough cars pop up for it, I'll change my turbo and come play too.

Full-Race Henry 12-04-2009 08:57 PM

Didnt get it, please resubmit it

Full-Race Henry 12-04-2009 09:02 PM

if you want a free street tune to match that new turbo, you gotta submit another proposal.

i think its a great idea. Geoff and i spoke about this earlier this year, but we were talking about a 61mm class. keeping up with motec, a/w, 26's, beadlocks, twin carbons, dogbox's, etc in outlaw gets super expensive and is not something that many can afford.

Full-Race Henry 12-04-2009 09:42 PM

actually, rauls car is perfect for the true street class, he has never had a compressor wheel bigger than a 66.5mm on his eg. All that tommy and you need to do is slang that 372 and get a 67 or even a 66, and that would be another car (get rid of that spool). im thinking about trying out a different turbo too and that would put us in the true street class too. what sucks is we all built our cars around the 72mm turbo, but now since they allow 26's and a/w, its hard to keep up with. fresh_manny . . . . fuck that guy, his car was only fast on the HR turbo that was sponsored to him by halfrace/tsr/ongsport, and hes not fresh anymore, its just manny now. jk. manny wont downgrade because hes hardcore and mexican. as far as jake, he has other issues to deal with right now other than a turbo at this point.

To my knowledge there are only 4 cars with turbos bigger than a 67 that actually compete, me/aaron, manny/hector, the infamous INDUB aka jake, and locash(joey)

If there are enough guys locally that wanna do this, lets make it happen. AZ/phx is really spoiled with what we have. most of the big name turbo manifold manufactures are local to us (full-race, afi, boostflow, peakboost). some amazing fabricators, futurefab and "G Fab", some awesome tuners such as Locash racing and UMS. 1 of only 6 official garrett distributors in the United States, which is Turbos Direct. 1 of 3 plants in the US of the leaders of heat management technologies, HPC. 3 tracks within a 2-3 hour drive that are open year around. not many of us know how lucky we have it.

so 2camsvtec, you have 7 cars rounded up that would fit in this class? or are 2 of them the supercharged and nitrous car?