AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wheel / Tire / Suspension (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Suspension options discuss (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142404)

jdm egizzle 6 01-23-2011 04:00 PM

Suspension options discuss

So some dude on here sold me some blown suspension that supposably had "only" 15k and they turned out to be blown so my car handles like shit at the moment. So what type of suspension are you running ? How much did it cost? And where did you purchase it for? And last but not least what are the pros and cons of it? discuss....

Colten79 01-23-2011 04:08 PM

Ksport kontrol pros.. I got them in a trade but my brother bought his brand new for $500.. not sure of their usual price, we got them through a good friend who gives us amazing discounts..
Pros: feels great on the track, can soften it up for a smooth ass ride on az's busted streets..

Cons: the girl sometimes complains about it being to rough.. She's use to Teins SS, those things were a beauty

jdm egizzle 6 01-23-2011 08:30 PM

hook me up with that price bro ive been looking into those too

Ek-9 01-23-2011 09:11 PM

Lol good luck on finding them for 500$.

The cheapest i found them for my Ek was 775$.

I have Omni power full coilovers on my car now and thier awesome, But just blew my rear passanger one.

So I replaced them with function and form which should be here in the next day or 2.

paid 630$ fom ipg parts free shipping.

JDM Jon 01-23-2011 11:55 PM

I use ksport kontrol pros on my turbo civic which is nice because they are pretty stiff and do dump.
Got those used for only 450.
On my dc teg I'm running F&F type 2s and love them.
They ride pretty good and my teg is slammed. Got them on sale though for 750.

Used ksports are the way to go imo, for the price.
Or like ek-9 said, function and form. They get a lot of good reviews.

jdm egizzle 6 01-24-2011 12:32 AM

Right now I've been looking at alot but I'm on the k sport or f2's

Daddy_Digital 01-24-2011 01:52 AM

Skunk2 Pro "S" series full coil overs. Got them used on AZHT for 400 bucks. they are usually like 700 bucks. Handles like the car is on rails. I love my suspension.

Majik1r 01-24-2011 10:40 AM

You must not be low right? I'm slammed on mine and they feel like total garbage. My ebay coils and blown struts rode better. I hate my skunk 2's I bounce on the smoothest roads and everything.

Ek-9 01-24-2011 12:38 PM

Also, If your dead set on getting a pair from azht for a cheaper price.

You might aswell not thinking about driving your car for awhile. I posted 2 threads about buying coilovers and only got 1 reply for used ones and they where BWR.

Got several PM's on news right away though from good peoples.

Mr.Burner 01-24-2011 04:34 PM

I use omni pro. Full dampening.

Cost is like 800 I think, I've had them for 5 years and no problems as of yet.

Ksports suck imo, they leak if you ride them low and that's what most people want, poor quality compared to other brands like function, omni, tien, pic, progress etc.

Seen them leak on hondas and mini coopers.

You pay for what you get in this catagory.

If I could buy another set it would be either PIC's or the new progress.

And they must have dampening adjustment, for me.

Also, if you swap all your bushings for urathane and have new ball joints replaced with a "good" traction bar, new wheel bearings and alignment, you'll be surprised how much better it rides with shitty suspension. And even better with good suspension. After all these cars are 10-15 even 20 years old now and there not getting younger hahaha.

Mr.Burner 01-24-2011 04:37 PM

I for got sways but you get the point

Colten79 01-24-2011 05:14 PM

I heard about ksports leaking on the old set ups like when the first came out, but I've never had any problems at all.. My friend had them slammed to the floor for a long time and never had a problem.. and being that low, they were still pretty stiff..
But your right about them not being as good as Teins, PIC, progress ect..

jdm egizzle 6 01-24-2011 11:35 PM

what exacty are the PIC's ive heard of them but cant seen to find em

lramon_1 01-25-2011 12:13 AM

jdm egizzle 6 01-25-2011 08:56 AM

There ain't none for accord me sad

Daddy_Digital 01-26-2011 01:44 AM

actually iam low. my car tucks the top of the tires. im not slammed because thats not functional. view my profile n ull see a couple pics of my car.

Pendulum 01-26-2011 03:42 PM

All you need to do is read these press releases:

and

Here's an excerpt, with the awesome parts in bold.

Last weekend was the first time up for Tage and his Civic with the new KSport suspension. What that entails is literally and off the shelf Kontrol Pro kit with stiffer different spring rates. No changes to dampening, shock length, etc. Anyone could buy this kit for their EG Honda Civic. The track for the first test was Firebird Intl. Raceway's "West Course", located about 20-minutes southeast of Ksport's headquarters in Phoenix. This event was running with the National Autosports Association (NASA) under their strict, nationally-sanctioned Time Trial rulebook. Within that series there are nine classes; the Civic runs in the "TTS" Class, which is the 3rd quickest. (TTR is fastest, then TTU, then TTS..). Tage won his class on the first day out. Actually, his best lap was set in the first session of the day, first time ever on KSports. Looking deeper, Tage beat the TTS track record for Firebird Raceway, with a time of 1:01.39. It doesn't end there. Remember how I said there are two faster classes above the Civic in the NASA Time Trial ranks? Tage beat all those guys too. The TTU record is a 1:01.56, and the unlimited TTR class record is a 1:02.41. What that simply means is, Tage set the fastest lap ever on Firebird West for a NASA event, and that is the all-out FWD lap record for Firebird West as well. We'll just say it again.. The fastest FWD car to ever set foot (or, tire) on Firebird Raceway's West course, was using off the shelf KSports. In addition to that, Brady Dohrmann in his BMW M3 set the TTC lap record of 1:05.303. Jeremy Renshaw's TTB class record from 2008 still stands as well, and he was on Ksports. Of the nine NASA classes to participate on that track, three of the lap records were set on KSport suspension.

Pendulum 01-26-2011 03:44 PM

One manufacturer, owning 33% of the lap records at any track is impressive imo.