AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   All Motor (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   unsure (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106178)

ponypwns 08-29-2009 12:17 AM

unsure

i was courious if i could take a dohc zc and make it vtec or can i not do that. And sorry if i posted this in the wrong area im still trying to figure every thing out in here

king06 08-30-2009 11:08 PM

Swap to a V-tec head? In my opinion, not worth a dime.

ponypwns 08-31-2009 01:24 AM

really ? its not worth it. i have heard that they are decent but not to great. I had heard for this kid that if i did i would also have to change the cam. is it better just to go find a decent d15 or d16, or should i just throw the zc in untill i can buy a b-series or h- series?

king06 09-01-2009 11:43 PM

It all comes down to how much money you haz.

Look into Bisimoto, he went 11's on a street d16 and 10's on a full race d16, but that took a shit load of money and time.

There are also a bunch of people doing the single cam turbos and embarrassing the k20 guys.

I say save up for a b or an h depending on what car you have.

ponypwns 09-02-2009 01:05 AM

so i talked to my friend and he has a b16a1 and i asked if he would trade for a zc because he was going to sell the car. but how is it compare to each other and the one i am getting is in amazing shape. would this be worth it to give him like a 100 bucks and the zc or just do a straightr up swap a zc for the b16a.
and do you have to do any motor mount swaps to get it from a civic coupe to a 90 ef hatch when it self is a 90

king06 09-02-2009 07:10 AM

I bought my B16a with trans for $1,100 just to give you an idea.

So the donor car is a 92+? If so, your going to need mounts, shift linkage and a jumper harness.

ponypwns 09-02-2009 11:40 AM

i thinks its is either a 90 or 91 civic coupe. and thats what i was curouis about. but it is auto, and but iwanted to just switch motors, do you think that i can use my tranny from the zc, and put it on the b16a.

singlecam_eg 09-02-2009 12:34 PM

They didn't make a civic coupe until 92, and u can't use a zc trans on the b16 motor

king06 09-02-2009 01:09 PM

Pony, you have A LOT to read and learn.

It's not going to be that easy.

1. What car do you have and what motor?

2. What year is the donor car?

ponypwns 09-02-2009 01:16 PM

opkay well can you tell me some good places to go learn and read. i m completly new to this shit. show you dont have to be rude, i know its not going to be easy. thats why im asking a lot of fucking questions man. i am trying to learn. and the way i learn is by asking questions , im not good at getting information out of reading. i learn a lot better by getting info from people that have done it before and help me out, trial and error.

my car is a 90 ef hatch.
and the donor car is a 91 4 DOOR SOMETHING I THINK MAYBE JUST A CIVIC.

king06 09-03-2009 01:20 AM

Dang, you don't have to get all feisty LOL

I wasn't trying to be rude:whatever:

It looks like your off to a good start if the donor car is a 91 than everything will bolt up.

Mounts, linkage and ecu since there both obd0 are all the same.

But, if you say the donor car is a coupe, then that would make the car 92+ making it odb1.

In that case, your going to need mounts maybe linkage and a jumper harness for the ecu or convert the car to obd1 or the motor down to obd0.

ponypwns 09-03-2009 02:39 AM

sorry its all good. i was told its a 90 or a 91 civic 4 dr. i dont think it is a coupe. i just thought that was what a 4dr is called. I appologize for getting mad and getting all crazy. ya i know i need to do a lot of research. i just dont know where to go and start my research. i thought that here would be a good place to ask questions and find out what works the best looks nice and has the best preformance.
If you could send me some links that would help id love you, not in a gay way though, more like a brother way. and have you looked at the project that im trying to rebuild and put together. Its under the project garage, under 90 civic hatch. tell me what you think.
thanks

king06 09-03-2009 10:30 AM

It's all gravy. Like i said before, everything should swap and it should be plug and play.

Here ya go, this link has a ton of info and wright-up's.