AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wheel / Tire / Suspension (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Suspension Settings question (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=127797)

SlowLS 06-08-2010 09:47 AM

Suspension Settings question

Im trying to get my car ready for the switchbacks up north. How should i set the suspension to suit the corners and stress im going to be putting on it? here is my set up

Full adj coil over struts - BWR
front and rear camber kits
rear LCA

Should i set the springs stiff or soft?
soft or stiff strut?
+/- camber? if so, how much?

right now the car sits pretty low with both stiff strut and spring, - camber in the rear and 0 camber in the front

SlowLS 06-08-2010 01:56 PM

ttt

SlowLS 06-08-2010 03:03 PM

n e 1?

INTEGRA DC2 06-08-2010 03:41 PM

well i would add more camber, 0 degree's of camber.... i would be at 3-3.5 but that's me, also as far as dampening goes, that's personal preference, i say crank they all the way to firm. What sway bars are you running?

SlowLS 06-09-2010 01:46 PM

so sway bar in the rear and some cheap one in the front that the car came with

SlowLS 06-10-2010 03:04 PM

43 views and 1 response....come on you auto x guys help me out

imm0rtal 06-10-2010 03:22 PM

because 90% of people on here never passed geometry in high school and have no room to talk. Best advice I can give is to drive it and see what it is doing that you don't like. If there is anything you don't like, look into adjusting your setup for that. Suspensions should be built based on what you are doing and how YOU drive, not everyone on a forum. And from what I hear, some people have been disappointed with BWR coilovers, but that's what I would expect when they don't post shock dyno results ;)

BDEG 06-10-2010 03:29 PM

:goodpost:

Mr.Burner 06-11-2010 12:52 AM

Delete

Mr.Burner 06-11-2010 12:52 AM

You don't have a "full adjustable" shock if your running bwr's lol

I dont know much but here's my advise...

Ditch the BWR stuff and get a quality strut like omni, pic, tien, penske etc

They will have a dampening adjustment on them that you can fine tune how you like it.

As for pre-load. Again its how you like it. I run my car full dampen, 5 turns up front and 2 in the rear for pre-load

And it sits 1 3/4 - 2 in taller in the rear.

Colten79 06-11-2010 02:16 AM

get rid of the pos blackworks if thats what you bought it for imo.. as said before, go to an unbuild neighborhood and test & tune for how you drive there (if you car is quiet enough)..

*inFamous* 06-11-2010 02:42 AM

Honeslty, you cant really ask for a 'setup' for X conditions. They will vary with the car, the conditions, etc. Go drive it around and make adjustments as you see fit!

Do some research on how the different settings will affect different charecteristics.

But do NOT try to fix something unless you know its broken (do not try to adjust for under/oversteer until you know the car is doing that!).

And lastly, like mentioned before, ditch the BWR's lol.

Wagonmaster 06-11-2010 08:33 AM

Your tires will make more of a difference than anything. What are you running for tires/wheels/brakes/sway bars?

SlowLS 06-11-2010 08:43 AM

Honestly, the BWRs that i have are great! I dont have any complaints, i will take your advice however and test and tune it, right now when i hit turns at high speeds the outside tires screech, not sure whats causeing that? too much camber?

:nutswinger:

Im actually going to be selling these, to get.....yes another set of BWR's, they now have a 16 way adjustable set up i want and regardless of there reputation from people that bash on them but yet have probably never ran them on their car they are just going off of what they hear from other peoples opinions. Im the type that i want to find out for myself if they are REALLY and BAD product and so far the have failed me.

my cars not quiet anymore, i have a pretty bad exhaust leak from the test pipe - long story short, i hit a cat, it bent my flange on the test pipe.:smackself:

regardless of what they say, i wont ditch the BWR's. they have never failed me and until they do, i will continue to run them - in fact, i also plan on building my head using the BWR product. If it doesnt work, then it doesnt work. I like learning from my own experience, not anyone elses.

SlowLS 06-11-2010 08:44 AM

im running on Kuhmo Ecsta AST 205/50/15, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads - no sway bars

dwa_colt45 06-11-2010 08:47 AM

then why make this thread?

nelsmar 06-11-2010 08:51 AM

buurnnnnnn lol

imm0rtal 06-11-2010 08:56 AM

I will frame this by saying I have never owned a set of BWR coilovers, but the cars I have ridden in with them rode like shit compared to my car. Maybe it is unfair to compare, but I never understood the budget mentality with something as vital as your suspension.

Go track your car against another with an identical setup but with different coilovers and I would put money on the other car winning. The thing with the BWRs is not how they perform on the street, but how they perform at the limit. It would be one thing if BWR wasn't so fucking shady about posting shock dyno results and R&D data but they haven't as far as I know and that should tell you something. I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT trust a company who could not produce these results for someone asking for them if it was something that holds my life in its hand like my vehicle's suspension does. If you like your BWRs that's all well and good, not trying to bash, but you asked for some ideas for a setup so you can push your car and most people aren't running BWRs on their track car. Just sayin'

dwa_colt45 06-11-2010 09:07 AM

if you ever get away from bwr check these out...

thats whats on my car and i love them

SlowLS 06-11-2010 10:29 AM

i wasnt saying you were bashing and as far as what i was looking for is what it should be set at, stiff of soft, how much camber that sort of thing. Im actually very willing to put my car up against another with a similar set up, im curious to see how they match up.

BDEG 06-11-2010 12:50 PM

You asked for help I've told you before to loose the blackwork shit. I agree with everything in here they are shit. You would have been better off on koni yellows and ebay sleeves then bwr. So go swing off rms nuts:nutswinger:

SlowLS 06-11-2010 01:16 PM

i:wave:

The Punisher 06-11-2010 01:42 PM

Honeslty your asking for OPPINIONS on setup which will not help you. Your setup will be determined by how you drive, the conditions of the road, and the balance of your car. If your tires are screeching that means they are at the limit. Why they are screeching? High treadwear tire? Over inflated? Overheated tires? Man the list goes on....

Honestly leave everything fairly neutral, and inflate your tires to OEM specs, and go see what you think. Make adjustments from there.

While the BWR may lower the car and offer adjustable dampening, they still are no where on the level compared to similar market suspension. OMNI being the best bang for the buck.

While most will agree they fail in general, you can still set them up to optimize your car as is. Trial and corrections sir.

SlowLS 06-11-2010 01:49 PM

probably the most usefull post in this thread next to infamous's post

Wagonmaster 06-11-2010 09:07 PM

Those are okay tires, but not really intended for ultra high performance driving. Going up in wheel diameter will lower your sidewall height, making for less sidewall squirm. It's amazing the difference that alone will make. Getting yourself some quality sway bars will help to keep the car flat in the turns too. Also, I'd throw a degree or two on the front to keep the tires flat to the road in the turns.

The Punisher 06-11-2010 09:16 PM

Can't beat Ravi :) <3

SmashinEF 06-11-2010 09:48 PM

Get some different suspension for start..

SlowLS 06-15-2010 07:13 AM

Thanks man great advice

:snookems: