AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   2013 Progress pics/ goals thread (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184246)

Spec C 01-09-2013 07:32 PM

How are ya feeling?

I did some banded Dl's today. First time. LOVE em.

KingDingaLing 01-09-2013 09:17 PM

Mikey. I was just looking at the new years resolution thread from 2009 and seen my pics. FML!! Man have I gained a lot of weight and damn near have no more muscles in sight lol.

Junk food is the damn devil. I quit smoking almost 2 years ago after being a smoker 13 years. That shit is way easir to quit than junk food, junk food is a hell of a drug, I'm not scared to admit that I'm addicted to large portions of junk food. Too often my taste buds over power my mind. I'm currently at my heaviest I've ever been. 6'2 315 pounds.. Honestly it's depressing looking in a mirror.

I quit smoking because I wanted to be healthy for my daughter. Now my bad eating habits have gotten out of control and my health is turning for the worse. It's hard to admit but it is. I'm past a yearly goal. I'm not getting younger, starting this year i wanna get healthy and stay healthy for the rest of my life.

Spec C 01-09-2013 09:31 PM

Try and take baby steps man. Unlike smoking sometimes people do better making small changes rather then all at once.

Try and make small attainable short term goals, with a long term goal in the background. Nothing motivates like progress.

If you are drinking soda or sugary drinks/juices. Maybe cut that first. For example.

Do you have access to a gym? Cardio equipment?

Maybe I could help you out. Shoot me a PM if it is something you are interested in, and are ready to commit 100%.

Some people like working with bodybuilders, and athletes, and while I enjoy that, what I enjoy more is the "avg joe". I enjoy seeing people make life altering changes to both their appearance and their health(bloodwork).

KingDingaLing 01-09-2013 10:10 PM

im more than ready. i just need some guidance.

i cancelled my LA fitness to join golds. i walked in to golds and found out the GM at the location i would be going to is someone i wish to avoid because a altercation would go down. so i decided im going to rejoin at LA due to it being on my route to shop and i could easily make it a 8am routine every day.

ive never had the proper guidance to losing weight by eating healthy. its always been diet pills and eating once a day, wich i know is so unhealthy its ridiculous. the yoyo affect is insane. this time around i put on 55 pounds. diet pills is the only thing that works to curb my junk food intake. i try to take advice from "trainers" and they all seem full of shit and cant seem to provide a good example of someone they trained who was a success.

you however. have shown living proof on this forum of a guy you helped out..and it was affective. thats what i want.

Dsquared Upholstery 01-09-2013 10:20 PM

Good for you. Don't talk about it, be about it.
We all start somewhere whether it is fat or skinny. Sticking to a plan is what gets the finished product you seek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingDingaLing 01-09-2013 10:30 PM

I was on a good path till that same month in 2009. That month I fractured my wrist in 3 places. Been in a slump ever since.

Spec C 01-09-2013 10:32 PM

IME the biggest hurdle is figuring out what makes you tick, and what it is going to take for you to STOP the junkfood binges(besides diet pills). You shouldn't have to kill your appetite in order to stop eating these things. There IS another way, and it is a matter of just figuring out what.

Let me tell you, I am a junkfood fiend. So I know where you are coming from. Sweets are my biggest weakness.

Let me ask you this. Does this sound like you. Go far too many hours without eating, then by the time you eat, you are so hungry, you don't give a fuck what you eat, eat shit, and far too much of it?

clean4door 01-09-2013 10:51 PM

Ur in good hands with spec rc. Hes the one the helped me out tremendously and change my life. And now I actually enjoy working out and eating healthy.
U can do it bro im not much help but u know im down to help anyway I can

Spec C 01-09-2013 10:53 PM

You got a PM RC.

SiR Mikey 01-09-2013 10:57 PM

MUCH better. Went to work today and with my backpack on the pain was tolerable. As the pain subsides more I can pinpoint where it's stemming from and I'm 99.9% sure you were on the money. Thank you so much enough for the advice man, I can't begin to tell you how down I was.

Good luck man! We've got some quality lifters on AZHT who can help you. As Dsquared said, gotta stick to it. You can want it, and we can feed guidance, but without action its a lost cause. You've quit smoking and created a brand for yourself known not only in the Arizona import scene, but nation wide. No reason you can't do this.

I'm sure a lot, if not all of you have seen this video. I've watched it probably a hundred times and it still gets me going. They created an audio version of this with music I sometimes listen to when I'm lifting even

Spec C 01-09-2013 11:00 PM

Glad you are sticking with it Mike. Feel free to check in from time to time.

Good to hear man! Stay vigilant in your rehab. Beyond that keep those hips loose. I gotta take my own advice because I can feel my piriformis on my right side after today's DL session.

It is like we don't pay mobility any attention until we are fucked up..lol

SiR Mikey 01-09-2013 11:23 PM

You have any recent pics??
Actually just got out of the shower, rolled around on the ball and got up with 0 pain. Still some tightness in my lower back, but I can't complain considering its only been 3 days.

I'm glad you showed me this because, like you, I had pain after every squat and DL day. I had even considered buying stock in ibuprofen at the rate I emptied bottles. I'm sure I'll slack off once I start feeling better until the almighty iron puts my ego and I in check. I think that's just our nature as men though. We're stubborn and think we're the exception...and just lazy. Stretching sucks lol

clean4door 01-10-2013 07:10 AM

Actually no. I rarely take any pics. All said and done im down around 70lbs since march

Bodykit 01-11-2013 08:54 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Damn Mikey u were right, there is some big dudes on here lol I started working out with Mikey just about a year ago starting at a solid 120lbs at 5'8 (fail I know) lol through the year I've slowly progressed with a few minor breaks in lifting but got to 160 this December for the first time! I have a few pics ill throw up of before and currently. My goal is 175lbs with around 7-8%bf. Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

Spec C 01-11-2013 10:38 AM

That is great progress for a year, especially given you added what appears to be NO bodyfat.

SiR Mikey 01-11-2013 10:54 AM

I think he's super human. We lived together for a while and ate competatively daily, and his bf still looked the same from day 1

Bodykit 01-11-2013 10:56 AM

Thanks man. Ya in the beginning the bf measurement thing they used where u grip in like a remote read error for my bf and now it's roughly around 5-6%. My metabolism is just so high I have to eat so much it's stupid

Bodykit 01-11-2013 10:59 AM

Ya but u still put on more weight then I did and it pissed me off lol

SiR Mikey 01-11-2013 11:01 AM

:biggrin:

Dsquared Upholstery 01-11-2013 11:10 AM

Big improvement. Another 20 pounds and you'll be set

Theory 01-14-2013 08:48 PM

I want to get to 200 lbs without riding bikes. This my current goal lol

skar1.0 01-14-2013 11:46 PM

The goal for this year was to cut down to 185 by march but it's looking more like May now, but i plan on maintaining that weight for the year. Caloric intake is at 2000-2200 a day, increased cardio to one mile before lifting and three after lifting for a total of 20 miles a week, (fucking hate doing cardio the day after leg day lol). I'll post pics once i reach my goal weight, i see myself leaning down already but still have allot of work to do.

Dsquared Upholstery 01-15-2013 08:54 AM

Starting a bulk phase, weighed in at 198 yesterday and planning to bulk from now til the end of march.

Spec C 01-15-2013 09:51 AM

Good luck D. Goal weight is 210-215?

Dsquared Upholstery 01-15-2013 10:01 AM

I think 215 is pretty realistic

SiR Mikey 01-19-2013 11:26 PM

D, I might have missed it but how tall are you?

Dsquared Upholstery 01-19-2013 11:28 PM

5'10

jdmrex1 01-20-2013 04:24 PM

Man I gotta say. Looking and reading thru the goal threads really motivates me more. I just started working out the beginning of this year. I gotta say I couldnt go 1/4 miles without loosing my breath. Since I started working out and doind cardio im up to 1.5 miles in 18min.. Man does that feel great. The lifting im still a noob.
I honestly dont know my max but its not a lot. I really want to stay at my current weight but with a lot less bf. Im 190 lbs but I dont know my bf. I hear diet is key but honestly I have no idea wat kind of diet or wat plan to use. I cut all the junk and soda.
If anybody can help me on finding out wat kind of diet I would need to get lean I would greatly appreciate it.

skar1.0 01-22-2013 03:25 AM

I'm sure one of these guys can give you advice ^^^
I know what you mean i started posting my progress and reading these guys' progress has really helped to keep me motivated, good luck with your goals man

1badLst 01-22-2013 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Started cutting this week for an upcoming event. I'll post some more pics when I'm done.