AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EK Civic (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Another issue.. (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108479)

Chubbz 09-24-2009 10:03 PM

Another issue..

Ok so here is whats up... got the y7 with y8 head swap installed in the coupe like 3 weeks ago, now if i drive the car for a while (2-3 hours), my temp gauge SHOOTS up to High.. and i get out and the over flow tank is empty and the radiator is empty, so i throw in some more coolant into the radiator and overflow tank and runs PERFECT.. tell it did it to me again today (2 days later)..

So what do you guys think guys and girls..

replace the thermistor???
replace the radiator??

or take it back to tri tech and see if the swap could be affecting it at all..

AND i shut my car off as soon as it sky rockets to high on the gauges..

Let me know what is the best thing to do..
money AIN'T a big thing i get paid Fridays so if i have to replace anything, ill do it..

crxfornow 09-25-2009 07:46 AM

well it sounds like your leaking antifreeze somewhere, check lower radiator hose, make sure your radiator isnt cracked, and check your heater core hoses, if those all seem good i would send that shit back to tri tech and tell them to do a leak down test and make sure your headgasket is in good shape

Chubbz 09-25-2009 07:57 AM

sweet deal thanks drew..

messatsu 09-25-2009 08:19 AM

I recently had a similar problem and it turned out to be a headgasket leak on cyl.#3, so dont be surprised if its your headgasket.

Chubbz 09-25-2009 08:22 AM

wow then ill check all that today and then talk to josh to have that all checked out..

ChrisIsYoung 09-25-2009 08:23 AM

x2 would had said the same damn thing! good shit

crxfornow 09-25-2009 06:39 PM

if youve got yourself a leaky headgasket you would be blowing white smoke out of your exhaust if its leaking into the cylinder, if its leaking into your oil passages, check your dipstick and make sure you dont see your oil contaminated with antifreeze, you will notice something different about the oil on your dipstick

Rvangj 09-26-2009 04:34 AM

Head gasket is your problem. Its a small leak for now and compression pressure from piston leaking in to water jacket and is forcing the antifreeze to spill out to reserve. Had lots of civics do this. Dont waste money like i did and change thermostat then water pump, flush. Just redo head gasket and machine head.

Chubbz 09-26-2009 06:49 AM

Yea i have checked out the dip stick, and its all oil no combined oil and antifreeze, i let me car run outside my house with the a/c on and everything and never over heated again. so weird to me.

yea i got tri tech that im going to take it back and just get them to double check everything.. so hopefully they will be able to give me a answer..

Chubbz 09-27-2009 06:58 AM

ok guys did more work to the car last night check the dip stick and and no antifreeze with the oil, removed the hoses and radiator and looks all good. checked my thermostat and looks carotid so got me a new one, im going to drive around with it and see if it does the same thing.. wish me luck..

MV1 09-27-2009 07:08 AM

GOOD LUCK BRUH:doobie:

Chubbz 09-27-2009 08:55 AM

haha thanks man..:doobie:

ej6pusha1998 09-27-2009 10:40 AM

i am surprised nobody has said pressure test the system. it might not be the head gasket, how about a compression test? usually if #2&3 are low you got a blown head-gasket along w/ a warped head. idk, just toughing it out there.

thakid 09-27-2009 10:33 PM

you dont want to keep drivin it if it over heats. If it does again the best thing to do is keep it running and put a hose in the radiator.

Chubbz 09-27-2009 10:44 PM

looks like it was the thermostat.. replaced it ran it hard and with full a/c blasting and ran perfect..

familywagon 09-28-2009 12:06 AM

:thumbup: Hell ya, see ya next Sunday then? Better yet; ready to get another cruise together? I haven't forgot, you owe me a completed cruise.. Lmao!! Glad you got it figured out bro!

thakid 09-28-2009 04:08 AM

glad its all good now brah.

Chubbz 09-28-2009 07:02 AM

Fo shizzi haha.. ill see you out there next sunday no doubt.

cool thanks man i was getting pissed, but i cant stay mad at my baby haha.. im just happy its running..