AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EF CRX/Civic + DA Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Dohc Zc in ef (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108779)

bigballsmagerki 09-28-2009 08:11 PM

Dohc Zc in ef

So i did the swap for a friend. Got the dizzy and cam sensor wired up. Already had the multiport done with the previous engine. Car mobs out, compression tested at 170psi across the board.

My situation is this. I found when the engine is cool it runs great. Starts up not even cranking for a second. No CEL. After driving for like 15 - 30 min its starts cutting out and sputtering.
Im pretty damn sure its the cam sensor. Anyone else have issues with the zc and cam sensor?
Brand new one comes in tommorrow night so we will see if that helps.

Does the cam sensor have anything to do with the ignition output signal? And cause the tach to jump around a little?

die in a dick fire noob 09-28-2009 08:13 PM

the cam sensors are terrible that's why honda stopped doing it when they went to obd1...

but i don't think that's your problem, it sounds more like a tw sensor problem... i'd change that as they are easy to find and only like 22 dollars from honda new.

bigballsmagerki 09-28-2009 08:23 PM

whats does TW stand for.

Its so odd how it runs tits sometimes, then just totally dicks out.

And i know the ecu is fine. im have 2 pm6's and the 89 teg (which currently runs it)

holla@me 09-28-2009 10:07 PM

tach jumping around is the igniter.

ZC distributors are known to be crap. so as good as condition as you describe the engine to be in, it still wouldn't surprise me the igniter needs to be replaced.

cutting out and sputtering = how are the spark plugs looking? how old are they?

die in a dick fire noob 09-29-2009 04:28 AM

i didn't read the tach jumping, it's more than likely his ignitor going bad.

bigballsmagerki 09-29-2009 10:01 AM

well i was having problems with the cam sensor because i could tell the wires were kinda messed up coming from it. After playing with it, seemed to help out the tach. I can replace just the ignitor though? When you take off the dizzy cap is that the frist ring gear with the 4 prongs? I noticed that had a little play in it.

Spark plugs are brand new. Dizzy appears to be brand new, had a fun time matching up wire colors because not one matched up to the factory colors.

Where could i get a new ignitor from? And when it was having problems, the ecu would throw the code 9. Ignitor output signal/ crank position sensor... Today the new crank sensor comes in so tonight ill get back and see what it would be.

would ignitor cut on and off once it got warm.

Also, the car owner said it was running like shit just like that with the old sohc zc. Does the multiport injection conversion tie into any of this before i go chasing it down through the wire loom? Possibly a loose connection around there?

die in a dick fire noob 09-29-2009 10:12 AM

well if the colors didn't match it's possible you switched the ignitor wire with the other wire that is typically white... the wire that goes to the ignitor is the one on the stock harness that is by itself in the loom and it's shielded.

as for a new ignitor you can get them a lot of places but i'd only buy one from honda if you're gonna buy a new one...

i had a problem when thei gnitor would get warm it would fail so it's possible.