AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   EF CRX/Civic + DA Integra (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   si trans swap... (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108306)

94gay-lude 09-22-2009 10:54 PM

si trans swap...

so i put an si trans in my ef, new clutch too. my friend at work (very respectable honda tech) rebult it (sorda) for me. he replaced the diff bearings, main shaft bearing, 1/2 gear hub and shift forks. but for some reason it doesnt like to go into third and fourth since the swap. no grinds, ill push to where it should just "fall into" third, and it just wont go, i have to jiggle it back and forth a bit before it will go. anyone know why?

and yes pat, its your old trans...lol

94gay-lude 09-22-2009 11:00 PM

p.s.- can a 90 crx si engine harness be used in an 89 crx si?

die in a dick fire noob 09-23-2009 05:39 AM

i think the 89 plugs are different... and dude this transmission is cursed for you... remember when we drove in it and it shifted fine into everything then you take it apart and shit is in like pieces...

if it won't go into gear something wasn't put back right, i know you have to take them apart a certain way and put them back together in order, but other than that i really couldn't tell you, you could talk to tage but i'm sure he's busy, other than that maybe ask simon (iliketodrive) since he's the second tranny person i know.

94gay-lude 09-23-2009 08:33 AM

lol, i remember, but i was hoping maybe it had to do with, idk my shift linkage or something, lol

die in a dick fire noob 09-23-2009 08:56 AM

nah i'm gonna say it has to do with how it was put back together, when the car is off does it go into every gear? if so it could be a clutch issue...

holla@me 09-23-2009 07:26 PM

3-4 shifter fork. EFs are notorious for bending their aluminum shift forks. the way its worded in your original post, i can't tell if you replaced all three shift forks or just the 1-2?

what kind of condition are your engine and trans mounts in? makes more of a difference than you'd think.

you WILL find your answer in the D-series.org forum for trannys (lol). just skim the threads until you see responses from transzex and aquafina. especially transzex, aka Mista Bone, he is THE tranny god. period. he's from the Hybrid.jp days...

my posts containing opinions about TAGE always seem to mysteriously disappear, so i'm going to leave alone the earlier suggestion to contact him....

94gay-lude 09-23-2009 07:32 PM

hmm, i dont remember we rebuilt it a long time ago, pat did you give me both shift forks or just the one?

oh, and my frint and rear mounts are brokem, lol. but it had no shufting troubles with my dx trans. UNLESS, maybe when i put the passenger mount on i put it on slightly cocked? cause it has the slotted holes so you can move it. oh and also, you know how you would move it to the left to go to first and second? but its still in the nuetral position. well it doesnt "snap back" like it does over to the right by 5th and R. acytually, it doesnt snap back really at all. just kinda sits there, limp....

holla@me 09-23-2009 07:38 PM

your DX trans might have adapted, or over time, YOU adapted and didn't notice the possible issues with your mounts.

seriously...REPLACE those and go from there. they can't be too pricey with your discount?

i'm a strong advocate for stock mounts and stock shifters. i've had troubles in the past, and all is solved with a good set of mounts and the stock shifter. geometry is everything when tolerances are designed to work only within close specs...

btw PM'd

94gay-lude 09-23-2009 07:40 PM

who, you pm'd me?
and i will do that, like asap, cause this whole "taking 10 seconds to find third gear" thing is going to get me rear ended...lol

die in a dick fire noob 09-24-2009 04:08 AM

oh i didn't know your mounts were destroyed, change the rear one and see if it helps, and yeah i gave you 1-2 3-4 i think... it was two attached so i don't remember, it was really like 4-5 months ago lol...

onefst91hatch 09-26-2009 03:16 PM

tghe engine harness will not work.

88 only
89 only
90-91

and it has to be same model too. dx hf si ex auto or manual are all different with different plugs. good luck man. and your trans sounds like a bad/bent fork to me. but you could also check all your linkage and deffinately replace worn out mounts. haveing bad mounts can fuck up alot of other stuff as well.

Ludehrt 09-27-2009 09:29 AM

I would also do the simple things first such as making sure your clutch cable is adjusted.