AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   2013 Progress pics/ goals thread (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184246)

Spec C 12-17-2013 09:38 AM

Pm sent.

usdm420 12-17-2013 10:02 AM

Got it! Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks!

4dr_ed3 12-20-2013 12:11 PM

Goal for 2014, acl replacemnet surgery jan 31st- recovery time 6 months. cant do any resistance strength training untill three months post op, i want to be back into basketball shape by the end of next year. I want to be a solid 200lbs again and get my 36" vertical back

usdm420 12-20-2013 03:21 PM

Good luck with that man. My wife had ACL surgery this past April when she tore it at work. She's still not anywhere near 100%. Matter of fact she went back to work early Nov. and is already back on workers comp because after 3 weeks her knee was swelling back up from all the walking she has to do at work.

4dr_ed3 12-20-2013 04:45 PM

itll be my 3rd acl surgery, but the firts 2 were on my right knee in high school. this time its my left. i landed wrong coming off of a dunk on one leg and it popped out of place. Surgery is a beotch, but this new job i have i get to sit on my butt all day so im hopefull. Hope your wife gets better.

failedabortion 12-20-2013 11:15 PM

Added a few accessory exercises a few weeks ago to help strengthen some of my weak points in my posture correction/lifts.

Things I'm correcting in my posture...atp, lordosis, kyphosis and forward head...yeah lots of shit

Glute bridges(need to try weighted still)- help activate glutes for lifts, helps with atp and lordosis
Weighted planks- strengthen abs/core for lifts also helps with atp and lordosis
Face pulls- strengthen teres major/minor, rear delts and mid traps? Helps pull back shoulders and thoracic extension.
You also want to stretch the opposite muscles to help with the imbalances, ie chest/front delts for toward shoulders/thoracic extension.

Forward head- haven't done much besides stretching the neck extensors and strengthening the deep neck flexors. Pretty much pull your head back while tucking your chin, I also push my tongue against the top of my mouth which tightens the flexors even more.

Atp can cause lordosis which can cause kyphosis which can cause forward head...but you can also have one without the others. My kyphosis is also exaggerated from a thoracic vertebrae that was crushed towards the front of the spine and healed before it was caught after a car accident.

failedabortion 12-20-2013 11:26 PM

Also switched to sumo deadlifts instead of conventional until I get my posture/imbalances fully corrected. Can actually hold form correctly with sumo and I don't get lower back soreness/pains from shity form.

Did 225 for reps today, left hand let go on the 20th rep at lockout with double overhand.

Spec C 12-21-2013 12:01 PM

Don't do such high reps on DL. No need for it.

Also give these a shot. Start out nice and light. Add them in a couple times a week.

usdm420 12-21-2013 06:09 PM

Gonna have to give those a try as well. I did Sumo DL's today too. But I'm always worried about my lower lumbar.

Spec C 12-21-2013 10:11 PM

THe arched holds are hard. Really great movement. I have been working them in lately.

As for SUMO's you are either built to sumo or not. I personally am much weaker on sumo, and can not get in anywhere as good of an advantageous position. I am going to work on them though as I feel getting stronger on any weakness is good, but if sumo's feel less natural to you focus on conventional.

failedabortion 12-22-2013 10:56 AM

It was just for fun, usually never go above 10 reps on dl. Will definitely try those.

I was weaker doing sumos when I switched but now they are about the same or slightly stronger. They feel more natural to me even though from my arm/torso/leg measurements conventional should.

Spec C 12-22-2013 03:51 PM

I find the "measurement" thing to be an inaccurate way of telling what you are better suited to. I have seen people who on paper should pull conventional, and be much more dominant sumo.

I say to train both though, it is good to be proficient in both. They both build different things. Do one for a while, get it up to respectable numbers, then build the other maybe. I want to work on my sumo a bit.

failedabortion 12-24-2013 10:21 AM

tried out the arched holds today with single 45's on the bar. Might of been leaning too far forward cause my calves were going crazy lol.

Also need to figure out how to get more then one plate on my back for weighted planks, its already an awkward maneuver to get one on by myself lol. Only if they had 100lb plates at golds.

usdm420 12-24-2013 11:45 AM

4dr_ed3 12-31-2013 12:54 PM

failedabortion 01-03-2014 08:14 PM

2014 thread soon?

Started cutting after mini holiday bulk...ec stack started, bought 30lbs of chicken, a case of tuna, lots of broccoli and diet Dr pepper lol

KingDingaLing 01-05-2014 01:35 PM

Spec C 01-05-2014 03:49 PM

All dat deadliftin brah.