AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Security & Theft Discussion (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   kill switches (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161617)

TucsonEuroCamry 12-07-2011 09:06 AM

kill switches

ok so i hear all these things about kill

how do you do them, what ways are their to do them and is there anyone or a website that is willing to guide me through this....

C.R.A.Y. 12-07-2011 09:09 AM

I'm sure everyone is going to jump on telling you how they did their switch

DarkAngel 12-07-2011 10:02 AM

Yea no one will show you exactly where to do it.

Cut the positive wire between the fuel pump ( in a disclosed location ) and solder in extended wires to a switch. Switch location varies on your creativity. Simple as that. Check online for the wires colors for the pump and location where it runs. You can also do the clutch as well but anyone can get by that by push starting it. Layers of security is what one needs. Anything to deter a thief or make him say " Fuck It" and leave. If he really wants it he will tow it or try pushing it to where he needs it.

Chuck Chainz 12-07-2011 10:04 AM

You can either cut power or ground. Get creative with what you kill current to, and it doesn't hurt to have a little knowledgr with it and a FSM (factory service manual).

TucsonEuroCamry 12-07-2011 10:14 AM

i have that haynes manual thing

im do not know anything about wiring for a car.....so im pretty sure if i did enough research i could figure something out and fabricate something, but since it would be my first time attempting i dont want to mess it up

how would you get creative and hook it up to an already existing switch or knob?

TucsonEuroCamry 12-07-2011 03:00 PM

ok so i have been doing some research. someone correct me or help me understand this

so what i do is find a certain wire/cable that i would like to put a kill switch on and i cut the positive hook it up to the positive kill switch and then put the negative from the kill switch to the positive of the other end of the wire/cable?

also, if i decide to do a power kill swtich do i have to get a certain kill switch that could help hold off the voltage or is the kill switch just some sort of relay....

TucsonEuroCamry 12-07-2011 03:41 PM

anyone? seriously...i cant find anything on ht either

TucsonEuroCamry 12-07-2011 07:46 PM

holy cow, does anyone know anything about kill switches?

i already know where i want to put it, i just dont know anything about electrical, so like my above post stated am i correct or am i wrong?

TucsonEuroCamry 12-08-2011 08:16 AM

morning bump, someone my god

nelsmar 12-08-2011 08:40 AM

Pay me and ill do it. Wiring is eassyyy. If you don't know what you are doing DO NOT START CUTTING YOUR CAR UP! Luckily you drive an accord and not a civic. People don't want your motor as much :P

TucsonEuroCamry 12-08-2011 08:49 AM

lol, thats one of the main reasons i didnt get a chivic

i just need someone to help, i dont want anyone to do it for me because i have to learn sometime

IS-Frank 12-11-2011 01:02 AM

There is.a sticky on the security thread on security features

rhdtreehugger 12-11-2011 01:39 AM

failedabortion 12-11-2011 01:58 AM

A switch is not a relay just breaks the connection manually. You can use a relay and switch instead of just a switch. You need to know the continuous amperage of the wire you are putting the switch or relay on so you use one that wont fail prematurely during use. A simple 12v 30a switch or relay will suffice for most applications.